• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

The older plastics breaking down is the result of the plasticizers losing their resiliency. Even the new plastics will exhibit these characteristic in time. Not at the same rate as they are all different types of plastic, and the newer is engineered to inhibit that process.....or not.

Not a chemistry major but that would seem to be the case in my limited knowledge.

well lets use the guy a couple posts back that was selling cranks for 40 bucks when the were readily available online for 20-25. Someone tried running that game in my group. lets say they werent to pleased with the reception they got. 15 bucks is another brand new disc.

well lets use the guy a couple posts back that was selling cranks for 40 bucks when the were readily available online for 20-25. Someone tried running that game in my group. lets say they werent to pleased with the reception they got. 15 bucks is another brand new disc.
...and this purchaser was capable of using Facebook but not a search engine to price check.

I'm not so sure I'm feeling sorry for them.

...and this purchaser was capable of using Facebook but not a search engine to price check.

I agree.

Sellers aren't trying to rip people off, they're just taking the products they have and moving them into a better market.

What percentage of markup is considered gouging?
Here is a recent exchange about a Viper I had listed in my sale thread. Tell me was I out of line or overpricing my discs?

Re: viper for sale
It's listed for $6. That is $3 and change to ship. I'm paying more for shipping than I get for the disc, and I didn't even factor in the cost of the bubble envelope. Which is about $1.25. So I'm making a whole $1.75 on the disc. I paid $8+tax. How much less would you like me to take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney J
Dude, $4 for the Viper means $3 and change to ship. Can't really do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxx
will u take $4 for the viper?
ok wht will u take?
Forward Message

I take as many losses as I do 'turn a profit'. That doesn't even count the discs I have given away in certain situations to help people out. I enjoy the sport and it's not about cashing in an a new fad. The thing is when someone tries this crap it makes me not want to pass stuff on. WTF how about I give it to him and send $20 bucks for gas in his car to get to the course.

Last edited:
caveat emptor
what the market will bear
there's one born every minute...
a fool and his money are soon parted.
etc. etc.

about half the discs i have sold on FB have gone for more than on the MP here... about half have gone for less. you do stand a much better chance of hitting the jackpot on FB though.

The older plastics breaking down is the result of the plasticizers losing their resiliency. Even the new plastics will exhibit these characteristic in time. Not at the same rate as they are all different types of plastic, and the newer is engineered to inhibit that process.....or not.

Not a chemistry major but that would seem to be the case in my limited knowledge.

Yup, a combination of age and exposure to UV is going to break down any of the materials used to make discs.

its not a matter of feeling sorry for them. Its about people trying to inflate disc prices. Which this site had a pretty good handle on for quite some time.

its not a matter of feeling sorry for them. Its about people trying to inflate disc prices. Which this site had a pretty good handle on for quite some time.

they're not "Inflated" disc prices. What don't you understand about supply and demand? If someone decides "X is worth $60 to me, and that's what i'm going to pay" then why wouldn't a seller bring their "X" there??

Nobody is inflating anything, they're simply taking the products they're trying to sell to a more profitable market . People are going to pay premium for things they wanna pay for, and no amount of complaining or "Heckling in your facebook group" is gonna stop it. This is how it is now, either get with it or step aside.

Last edited:

Sellers can't inflate prices. Only sellers and buyers who agree on a price can do that. If a seller tries to charge more than the market will bear, they won't sell anything. If you think discs are too expensive, don't pay for them.

I used to get my undies in a bunch about disc prices. Then I sat back and thought hmmmm if I am selling a disc, do I not wnat to make the most I can off of it? Why yes, yes I do. So if someone is willing to pay me 35 bucks for a pre flight pre avery *d destroyer, then so be it. When it comes to my newer discs, I always list an asking price. It is usually what i paid for the disc. I personally do not collect discs so the price on oop plastic does not really matter to me, and I found a place to get certain oop discs at a reasonable price. I personally would not spend what i consider an outrageous amount on a PFN pre avery *d, but if someone else wants to, that is their deal, not mine.

WHat is oop plastic? I don't get any of it. Circle stamp, pre flight number, first run........ If you can't find a disc off the shelf that you like, with all the different manufacturers and all the the different plastics, then you deserve to pay $40 a disc . Yesterday I saw a post on here for a test run what ever at innova pro shop. Saw them on sale for 30 here today....... :eek:. What ever floats yer boat

The only oop disc i like is not really oop. I like 5x JK champ valkyries. I found a site that has a bunch of used ones at very reasonable prices. Other than that one disc, I prefer to go in to a store and just go through bin after bin until i find what i like. Every once and a while you come across some gems that way. Used to have a SE Teebird, and not the tl but an actual Teebird. Paid 5 bucks for it at a play it again.

picture.php

I know we are in a disc golf micro boom, but come on!

^^ the sad part about this, and Ive mentioned it before although not on these boards.... Is that if there was a way to easily buy JUST the player packs for tourneys, the cash generated could goto the pro pot or even back to the hosting club. Instead this revenue is going into this fb guys wallet!

I am not saying this FB guy is bad for doing this but come on. A little better organization and Innova/other retailers could coordinate releases with specific tourneys, thus fattening cash pots and maybe creating enough interest for... dare i say.. pro tour?

You want a specific disc thats getting hyped? Yeah? Go participate in the disc golf world, find the tourneys with the discs you want, buy a players pack, support disc golf in the process! Not these FB resellers!

I don't have a facebook account for the reasons listed here, now I need to avoid this thread, because someone was nice enough to bring facebook here. Thank for nothing. :mad:

Someone is asking 100-175 for a pair of gstar destroyers on the Facebook right now. Maybe I can sell my grip bag for $400 even though its only worth $200. ;)

Latest posts