• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Contender Back Pak by Physical Flight DG $155

Chris,

2 questions:

Do you still have Gray/Black for pre-order?

How does this bag fit someone 6'5". I'm tall and don't want this feeling tight or constricting on me.

Thanks

Josh we do still have grey and black for order.

I'm 6'2" and the bag fits me well. You won't have difficulty getting the bag on and off. The bag is roughly 17 inches in width and 19 inches tall with a depth of 10 inches so it's not a small bag by any means. But it's also a bag that you can carry 15-20 discs if you want to disc down and not have to worry about discs falling all over the place. Or you can carry 30 discs with no problem and enjoy a long round.

Just got word today that screen printing is completed on all the bags. Next up is final assembly.

First bags being completed are the MJ sig purple, then grey, camo, red, navy, orange, blue.

First bags will be shipped to us on the 27th. The rest will be in that next week as they roll off the line. So all bags will be leaving for there new homes by the 6th of April.

That would be awesome. I just ordered my bag this.morning gry/black and would love to pay and have name and pdga num. pkease call me on this one.

Just got word today that screen printing is completed on all the bags. Next up is final assembly.

First bags being completed are the MJ sig purple, then grey, camo, red, navy, orange, blue.

First bags will be shipped to us on the 27th. The rest will be in that next week as they roll off the line. So all bags will be leaving for there new homes by the 6th of April.

Sweet! Just gotta hold out 3 weeks!

That would be awesome. I just ordered my bag this.morning gry/black and would love to pay and have name and pdga num. pkease call me on this one.

We can't do custom PDGA number and name unless its screen printed and that usually runs $25 and has to be on a flat part of the bag. Let me know

Update: MJ purple bags are going out first after they are shipped to us starting March 27th. As the other colors arrive we will ship them out ASAP.

Just to educate and give an idea of the process of manufacturing a bag below are the order of how bags are put together after finalization of a proto.

1. Materials ordered (7-10 days)
2. Graphics, screen print, embroidery added to uncut fabric (10 days)
3. Dies are made (only with professionally made bags) and fabric patterns cut (7 days)
4. Outside pockets are sewn to core of bag (3-5 days)
5. Final production is when zippers and all the other components are sewn in (7-14 days)

Hope this gives you a better understanding of the time it takes to make a run of bags. For most occasions it takes 2 months to complete the process.

The reason bag releases take longer than expected and are pushed back is because many of the bag companies have no real "idea" what the process is and if anything changes in the process (change of design, additions, or small runs) then that takes up more time as well as the priority for the manufacturing company is often not for the small run of bags for the disc golf niche.

These are all reasons bags fail to meet expected release dates so next time a company says " we are changing this or adding something to bag" then expect for it to take longer than expected.

Last edited:
Do you have additional bags in the wings besides pre orders? Or if I order one today would it take 2 months to get it.

Do you have additional bags in the wings besides pre orders? Or if I order one today would it take 2 months to get it.

We do have more bags. We do things a little different and order more bags than just the pre-order number. This gives us 2 advantages: let's us get bags out quick and have a firm release date, and also allows us not to alienate customers that didnt get on the pre-order.

If you order a bag now you will have it within the first week or so of April.

did I see earlier the new contenders will have the shield emblem not the black rectangular one?

The Digi camo is your ACU desert storm Digi camo pattern.
This has me worried about my preorder of a camo bag. Are we talkin brown or green digi camo? I assume when you say "ACU desert storm Digi camo" it means brown?

BROWN
540725ks_pic77.gif

OR
GREEN?
64291.jpg

This has me worried about my preorder of a camo bag. Are we talkin brown or green digi camo? I assume when you say "ACU desert storm Digi camo" it means brown?

BROWN
540725ks_pic77.gif

OR
GREEN?
64291.jpg

No worries! Brown is standard. We had green as an option but we went with standard brown.

I preordered about a month ago for the mj sig bag. Can't wait to get it, use it, and show it off at the course. I've been using a fade tourney for a year now and have wanted a backpack style bag for some time. After reading about the quality of the materials used and how you stand behind your product I was sold...along with being under $200. Thanks again for making a great product and I'll post a review of the bag after a week or so of use.

I bet the new logo does look sweet. Its amazing you were able to put so much into your bags and still reach the price point you have. Not to mention made in the USA.

Sadly I was hoping the digi camo was the green variety, considering the pre order anyway