• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

That's fine for recreational swimming, but not much good for disc searches, when you swim and feel the bottom with your toes for something hard and round---and hope it doesn't move.

This is, incidentally, a return of the snapping turtles, which we'd seen a year or two ago. Truth is, they're probably always there, and we only see them on these rare occasions*. But until this morning, I'd almost convinced myself they were gone, and had been swimming with less concern.

(* - We only see them when two of them, uh, think there should be more. If you catch my drift. Apparently they're very private about everything else in their life, then come to the surface and thrash around for the world to see their love life.)

Never quite pegged you as a turtle pr0n kinda guy... guess you never really know people. :p

People can be the worst "critters"

There was a guy was sitting in a tree within a couple hundred feet of me when he shot the deer with no warning. Kind of unsettling on a remote course at dusk. It was at Cedar Sentinels DGC in Aurora, IN.20141121_173555.jpg

There was a guy was sitting in a tree within a couple hundred feet of me when he shot the deer with no warning. Kind of unsettling on a remote course at dusk. It was at Cedar Sentinels DGC in Aurora, IN.View attachment 55265

That shouldn't be possible. There's absolutely no way a hunter and non-hunter should be using the same property at the same time.

Good point.

I'm assured by a lot of people that snapping turtles won't bother you in the water. Of course, all those people have been standing on dry land when they told me that.

Don't you believe it...

"BURLINGTON, N.C. -- It was 6-year-old Erick Fagan's first trip to Jordan Lake -- and now, he says, he won't be going back anytime soon. Fagan said he was swimming in the lake when a snapping turtle bit his leg, leaving a six-inch-long gash all the way down to the bone."

Here is the link to the full story: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...06mqjcpgTd4LNdZ-BrrxNA&bvm=bv.102022582,d.eXY

There was a guy was sitting in a tree within a couple hundred feet of me when he shot the deer with no warning. Kind of unsettling on a remote course at dusk. It was at Cedar Sentinels DGC in Aurora, IN.View attachment 55265
That shouldn't be possible. There's absolutely no way a hunter and non-hunter should be using the same property at the same time.

Course Description reads..
Extremely rural, heavily wooded course in an undeveloped 250-acre County Farm Park.
...but I have to agree with David... something's terribly wrong if that can happen. I would hope this guy broke at least one law doing this.

Someone needs to list stray bullets in the cons section of their review.

I'm not a hunter, but I know plenty---including some who have hunted on our very rural private course. Hunting or firing a deer rifle where anyone else might be is wrong. Period.

Don't you believe it...

"BURLINGTON, N.C. -- It was 6-year-old Erick Fagan's first trip to Jordan Lake -- and now, he says, he won't be going back anytime soon. Fagan said he was swimming in the lake when a snapping turtle bit his leg, leaving a six-inch-long gash all the way down to the bone."

Here is the link to the full story: https://www.google.com/url?[/QUOTE] Thanks. I think.

big snappers.

Was wading and fishing at family pond about 5 years ago. Took a step and monster trashing, my calf getting knocked into good, and 50 pounder bolting away. Was worried about a big open wound from a claw or worse. Thoughts of turtle nasty in bloodstream while adrenaline subsided. Got off with a bruise. I do not wade there no more.

..those dirty boys along with Titan grass carp knock the canoe and boat now and them.

Good eye, man. Ground nests are very powerful bases for many stinging insects. I hit a nest at Valmont, in Boulder, with a whole can of raid. Scads of dead and dying hornets surrounded their hole. Hornet pile-ups in the hole and in the sky above. The next day, all the poisoned bodies had been removed from the surrounding areas. The in and out streams of hornets continued unabated until the local parks crew came in and hit them with something industrial...

Latest posts