• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg -- GOAT

Interesting fact:

Baseball Hall of Fame Members' % of votes upon induction:

Babe Ruth 95.13% 215/226
Ty Cobb 98.23% 222/226

Seriously. There were 11 people who DIDN'T vote for Ruth and 4 who DIDN'T vote for Cobb.

I haven't read this full thread yet, but, the baseball writer's are the one's voting for a player's election into the hall. We all know that writer's can, and do, hold grudges!!

Not to further keep this off topic, but while I think Cobb is the greatest baseball player, Shoeless Joe would have given him a serious run for that "title" had he been able to finish his career. Over .400 BA in his rookie season (still lost batting title to Cobb that year). Cobb was not nearly the defensive player that Jackson was (Joe, not Bo) and Ruth admittedly "copied" Jackson's swing.
The greatest switch hitter ever (Mantle) should not be overlooked either.

"[Jackson] was the finest natural hitter in the history of the game" -Ty Cobb (source: baseball-almanac.com) <-- thats the best I can come up with; I wasn't there and never witnessed either of them playing.

Cobb and Ruth were known for not being the friendliest people you ever met.

Cobb would sharpen his spikes so he could slide into you and was not necessarily the friendliest to those of different races/ethnic groups.

::end thread jack::

Skipped the thread to post my snarky comment...

I would say KC is the GOAT because the competition was HARDER back when he played. Now days the tech has advanced where any idiot stoner can step up and throw 400' (looking at you, whoever you are reading this statement). Really the generation that screwed everything up was the "wide rimmed" generation that started throwing long and without finess within a year of starting. Those players (about 4-6 years into it) could throw long so they demanded longer holes with less actual disc golf shots (ie shaped fairways with those things called trees).

Back in the day you had 300' holes that were a wall of trees with one little window to operate. Players honed their skills over years and years to hit those windows accurately. KC did this and thrived. Now that holes are wide open and 8 million feet long people like DF (double initialism, Dave Feldberg and dumb F'er) can play at a high level without the hard earned skill that KC displays.

Look at the basket tech arguments people have now days. People are demanding that baskets catch their crap laser putts because they are unwilling to learn how to actually putt with finess and skill. Back in the day KC had to compete with players that would routinely can 80' throws with lids (not a ton of people jump putted back then). Add to that the baskets were mach I's and II's. Ever watch KC putt? He loft putts because those single chain sets would only catch a specific kind of putt. New advanced baskets have dumbed down the putting game to who can throw into a target area at any speed and any angle. The worst thing is that these players are still bitching that the new baskets still don't hold their crap light speed putts. incredible.

In summary, KC is the GOAT because he played in an era with better competition, better skillsets, and all around better players. Feld-turd sucks because he is the best of a flawed generation that altered the game into something that is ugly and without beauty. If you disagree with me you suck. :popcorn:

That is basically what the op is saying except with Feldberg.

Lin was exposed vs the Heat....:popcorn:

He's good but don't fall for the hype.

Climo will always be the Original Goat, I see the field being = talented now.

My favorite right now would be Mcbeth.

In 1995 Climo won 23/28 events & almost 2 1/2 times the $ of any other player (Randolph 2nd $7878)

^^^ this....wow

Feldy may very well be playing the best now/last 5 years, but how that translates into "all time"?

Skipped the thread to post my snarky comment...

I would say KC is the GOAT because the competition was HARDER back when he played. Now days the tech has advanced where any idiot stoner can step up and throw 400' (looking at you, whoever you are reading this statement). Really the generation that screwed everything up was the "wide rimmed" generation that started throwing long and without finess within a year of starting. Those players (about 4-6 years into it) could throw long so they demanded longer holes with less actual disc golf shots (ie shaped fairways with those things called trees).

Back in the day you had 300' holes that were a wall of trees with one little window to operate. Players honed their skills over years and years to hit those windows accurately. KC did this and thrived. Now that holes are wide open and 8 million feet long people like DF (double initialism, Dave Feldberg and dumb F'er) can play at a high level without the hard earned skill that KC displays.

Look at the basket tech arguments people have now days. People are demanding that baskets catch their crap laser putts because they are unwilling to learn how to actually putt with finess and skill. Back in the day KC had to compete with players that would routinely can 80' throws with lids (not a ton of people jump putted back then). Add to that the baskets were mach I's and II's. Ever watch KC putt? He loft putts because those single chain sets would only catch a specific kind of putt. New advanced baskets have dumbed down the putting game to who can throw into a target area at any speed and any angle. The worst thing is that these players are still bitching that the new baskets still don't hold their crap light speed putts. incredible.

In summary, KC is the GOAT because he played in an era with better competition, better skillsets, and all around better players. Feld-turd sucks because he is the best of a flawed generation that altered the game into something that is ugly and without beauty. If you disagree with me you suck. :popcorn:

I would like to actually see someone throw 400 feet in their first year with an ape. But this sounds like trolling anyway

Ruth might be the best all-around, but I wouldn't say he was the best batter or fielder.

"...might be the best all-around, but..."

Huh? What up w/that?

That is what makes him the best! Offense/Defense/championships -- all combined, all-around -- that is the definition of best.

who can put up an all-around record close to his?

Ok, easy discussion, and somewhat of a good argumenitive topic, but even though i have met Climo and i think he is a pretentious prick, he is still the greatest. He is 40 something years old! I bet if you put the Climo of the 90's vs. any player today, they would stand no chance. Thats like saying I hit a homerun off of Nolan Ryan...when he was 60! Greatest of all time, means all time.

If your statement of Feld being the best of all time is because Climo didnt face todays competition, then the same could be said about Jordan, or Babe Ruth, or Arnold Palmer or any of the other Greatest of their time. He has made the sport what it is today, he has given children goals to break. Look at most of all of the top competitors in the world, most are in their early 20's or younger. Excluding Doss, Feld, EMac, and AJ, they are all young kids who probably grew up watching Climo, or at least hearing fairy tales of him. I think the biggest deciding factor is Climo has stood the test of time! Feld has been around a good while now, but he has no where near the accomplishments as Climo.

That being said, Climo is probably the reason that we have the type of competition that we do today. Climo has had a lot of influence on the sport, and its roots.

He has set the standards...which will probably never be surpassed. Can anyone accomplish what he has? Probably not!

I would like to actually see someone throw 400 feet in their first year with an ape. But this sounds like trolling anyway

I didnt do it with an ape, mine was a Teebird. It was the only disc i owned for the first year, and i could easily throw 400' after my first 6 months of playing.

...while I think Cobb is the greatest baseball player, Shoeless Joe would have given him a serious run for that "title" had he been able to finish his career.

And Bo Jackson would have obliterated everything Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, and Emmitt Smith did had he played football full-time and not blown out his knee.

...while I'm at it, Monica Seles might be in the conversation for greatest women's tennis player of all-time had not some psycho ran onto a court and stabbed her neck in the prime of her career, cause he wanted Steffi Graf to be the greatest.

All of those are coulda-woulda-shoulda's. To me being there and excelling over a long period of time is part of what makes you great.

The Champ is not a "woulda" -- he did and he has!

Latest posts