• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR History and growth

3631. I thought that was so high when I first got it. Now it's looking pretty cool.

I can't wait till I can say. "I remember when there was only the top 10 courses on the home page... no log of past years. And there was no such thing as a Premium Membership."

...and we had to walk uphill both to and from the course.:D

I actually joined here before I found the local boards. #1779 seems so low now.

2006 for me, cant believe that we are up to 26k. It was always the same people a few years back on the forums now we have so much in difference of opinion.

My number is 58. :(

great grandpa Three putt :p

(off topic, but I sent a care package Pat Wooley, but if you know any one else that needs anything in your area, clothes, discs, blankets, kids toys, anything, let me know.) the Karma already came back. My car hood was broken and was going to cost a few hundred to get the hood re-aligned. After making the care package I discovered what was really wrong. I took the latch apart and put it back together and now my car is fixed for free :)

Last edited:
I am #999 and I am super happy to be under the first 1000.

and i was the first to 3,000 and 4,000:eek:
it makes me feel kind of old looking at that. i have been on the site nearly every day since i joined. member 2689. now we have more than 10000. thats nuts.

We had a race to 3K and 4K and that was fun. I don't have as many post as I should, but I don't spend as much time on here as I used to.

# 418 here. The growth is amazing but along with all this growth makes me wonder??? Will anyone else get to 1000 or 2000 thumbers? With so many members your written review only stays on the front page for a matter of hours, then it's gonzo. On my last two road trips to New Mexico and then to Eastern Washington and Idaho, I played 17 courses and wrote my usual mediorce reviews for them. I've only received 47 thumbers, less than three per review. It'll take someone forever to accumulate enough thumbers to achieve silver or gold status.

But it remains the greatest disc golf site around, doesn't it? Congrats Tim!

It has been slow to accumulate thumbs lately, you'll have to go with my quantity over quality approach to playing courses :)

DGCR crested the 25000 member mark on or about the 1st of September.

In the last 20 days, we have gained ~700 members. At that pace, we are adding 1000 members/month. That means shortly after New Years Day, we will be at 30K members, and 35K around Memorial Day 2012.

Incredible.

Don't forget adding 3 new diamond members in the last week or so, all great reviewers.

If I have time I may update the graph today. Progress report grades are due, so it will be a tight squeeze. Definately tomorrow if not.

Holy crap, 25,000. I'm #661. I've done my part to help by handing out DGCR business cards and talking the site up to anybody I happen to play a round with. Congrats on the site's success, Tim.

Latest posts