• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR History and growth

What's hilarious to me is the way I was introduced to DGCR.

My ex-boss (who introduced me to the game) was all like "Yo, check it! This site is THE place to scope new courses in the area." He acted like it had been around for EVER. :D

GordonBombay...MIA. :( :(

Hiya Backswing, still bowling? :)

@ Crooky: Lulz, no, I think it was much more sinister of a disappearance.......

*pauses*

*looks around*

*leans in close*

I think it was because he had children. :eek: :eek: :| :|

#60 here, i still remember the job i was working when I found this site. it's the best resource for disc golf, period. Well done tim.

Quickly approaching 4 years on DGCR - guess I'm one of the "DGCR Old Timers." Have to say I've enjoyed my time on this site, as well as contributing to it, and especially the people I've met, both online and on the course. We probably would never have met if it wasn't for DGCR, and I'd never have known about Flyboy or many of the other great courses I've played.

Sure you can find courses on PDGA.com and the DGScene, but DGCR is far and away the best source of info about what courses are in a given area in terms of location and especially in terms of the way a course plays. A well thought out and well written review from a credible source is invaluable when deciding where to spend one's limited time away from your home turf, and no site does it better.

Thanks again Tim!

Last edited:
I think it was because he had children. :eek: :eek: :| :|
*comes out of lurkmode*
:D
The kids certainly didn't help the opportunities to play.

This site is still the one and ONLY resource I use when I plan to play. Other sites are for suckas.

#27613, about 1 1/2 years. Have tripled the # of courses I've played in that time[currently 120]. Rolled in last night about 6 PM from the Crowley Creek fire in the SE Oregon desert. Havin' coffee and checking the action on DGCR first thing this morning. :thmbup:

I played 2 courses before I found this site. I don't travel much, but I'm up over 50 now after almost 5 years.

What's hilarious to me is the way I was introduced to DGCR.

My ex-boss (who introduced me to the game) was all like "Yo, check it! This site is THE place to scope new courses in the area." He acted like it had been around for EVER. :D

GordonBombay...MIA. :( :(

*comes out of lurkmode*
:D
The kids certainly didn't help the opportunities to play.

This site is still the one and ONLY resource I use when I plan to play. Other sites are for suckas.

Way to go Juke. Raising the dead. :hfive:

#7765. I found this site when I googled "disc golf".
Can't run me away w/ a stick now...

Wow. I had my 5 year anniversary on this site earlier in the month.

#8711 here. i lurked for a couple months before registering

Latest posts