• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

Nothing illegal with having multiple DGCR meet-up opportunities in the same year, heh heh.

I have family in central Missouri. A KC meet-up would be more likely for me.
Looks like Chain's Edge is 10 hours for me one way, but I might could make that work depending on how much work I have to accomplish.

As for KC, would anyone be down for one in June proceeding or following Masters Worlds since it is in Emporia and possibly a lot of us will be in the area? That would be June 8th/9th proceeding or June 15th/16th after.

What silly doesn't tell you is that I'm the one getting my panties wet swimming in the river for his discs

True, @aclay and I have proof!!! 😅

Minnesota meet up is gonna be fun haha

Meet up with be July 13-14th at Chains Edge. Please check my updated first post in this thread. I will update the first page as we go along.

p.s. How do I delete the poll, now? lol

I also never claimed it was extreme. I've just never been there before. I think White Cedar is the only top 25 course in WI I haven't played yet. That needs to change ;)

Fun Fact: I did try to play it a few years ago. Planned a whole trip around that actually. Turns out the course was closed for the week I was up there for "Archery Fest". I found out about halfway up there from a PM on DGCR from Tallpaul lol. Now that's the most WI sounding thing I've ever heard of, "Archery Fest". The silver lining was I was able to smash out everything else up there. AND elmex happened to be in Duluff at the same time.
mrs wolfhaley got an ace too pure af

that was fun gettin to run thru the duluff courses again and pretty funny i was in the area

fond memories

mrs wolfhaley got an ace too pure af

that was fun gettin to run thru the duluff courses again and pretty funny i was in the area

fond memories

She sure did. It was her first since I'd met her.

That was a blast playing all those random Duluff courses with you. Too bad we couldn't have gotten a round or three in at Wrenshall ;)

So who do we all have lined up for this thing right now. @sillybizz , @elmexdela , @playrecords , @Naenae , and @Countchunkula for sure? Or at least penciled in for now.

Maybe's from Hamp, cefire, Chuck, BTL, mndisc, Shadrach, Vogues... Is that it? Those all seem like far fetched ones but we'll see. @Monocacy is kinda slacking. Not like he has to take off of work or anything. Plus it's barely over 17 hours away and less than $60 in tolls. ;)

So who do we all have lined up for this thing right now. @sillybizz , @elmexdela , @playrecords , @Naenae , and @Countchunkula for sure? Or at least penciled in for now.

Maybe's from Hamp, cefire, Chuck, BTL, mndisc, Shadrach, Vogues... Is that it? Those all seem like far fetched ones but we'll see. @Monocacy is kinda slacking. Not like he has to take off of work or anything. Plus it's barely over 17 hours away and less than $60 in tolls. ;)
If I'm in town and the weather's good, I'll drive the 90 minutes to Chain's Edge for a day trip. I may be traveling to Scandinavia around that time, but exact date range not pinned down yet.

i am a for sure

(unless of emergency or i break another bone)

For those interested I'll be getting to town (Minneapolis area) by Wednesday the 10th and staying until Tuesday the 16th. When not at Chains Edge I'll be course bagging, would love to have any of you join me!

For those interested I'll be getting to town (Minneapolis area) by Wednesday the 10th and staying until Tuesday the 16th. When not at Chains Edge I'll be course bagging, would love to have any of you join me!
what kinda course bagger are you

like a grind sunrise to sunset

or lookin to hit only best of the best

or leisure mix of courses and food and beer and other fun stuff

or wut

what kinda course bagger are you

like a grind sunrise to sunset

or lookin to hit only best of the best

or leisure mix of courses and food and beer and other fun stuff

or wut

I figure the area has so many good courses there's no reason to play crappy 9 holers. For this trip I'm looking more for best of the best sunrise to sunset but a lunch stop for a dog and a beer or whatever is also awesome. I'm pretty flexible. If @cefire is able to make it with me, he's more of a grinder haha.

I figure the area has so many good courses there's no reason to play crappy 9 holers. For this trip I'm looking more for best of the best sunrise to sunset but a lunch stop for a dog and a beer or whatever is also awesome. I'm pretty flexible. If @cefire is able to make it with me, he's more of a grinder haha.
lets talk as we get closer

mpls/stp is obvious

the st cloud area has some quality as well

wildcard picks would be the two breezy point courses or mont du lac

what is your route in and out of mn (if you know already)

lets talk as we get closer

mpls/stp is obvious

the st cloud area has some quality as well

wildcard picks would be the two breezy point courses or mont du lac

what is your route in and out of mn (if you know already)

I'm coming in on I-94 from Fargo so I'll be going right through Saint Cloud. Anything in the area that you think is playable I will pay though, driving 20 hours don't care about another 2 or whatever. I have to play MDL (*edit* with @wolfhaley and @playrecords hopefully) at some point on this trip for sure.

Last edited:
I'm coming in on I-94 from Fargo so I'll be going right through Saint Cloud. Anything in the area that you think is playable I will pay though, driving 20 hours don't care about another 2 or whatever. I have to play MDL at some point on this trip for sure.
perfect lets talk as you get closer

Latest posts