• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019

Paul Mcbeth should have got a warning in R2 hole 17. . but we just don´t call warning that often and footfault even less.

And you see what happens IF you do. . the few i remember seeing.

PP warns Cat for throwing her mini. . gets a revenge warning back
Nikko calls a footfoult on Ricky, no one seconds it and the mood on the card gets really bad after that.
Someone called time on Nikko and the emotion run high

The drama and risk of backlash is just to big for you to call a fault if somebody misses their mark by a few inches

Paul Mcbeth should have got a warning in R2 hole 17. . but we just don´t call warning that often and footfault even less.

And you see what happens IF you do. . the few i remember seeing.

PP warns Cat for throwing her mini. . gets a revenge warning back
Nikko calls a footfoult on Ricky, no one seconds it and the mood on the card gets really bad after that.
Someone called time on Nikko and the emotion run high

The drama and risk of backlash is just to big for you to call a fault if somebody misses their mark by a few inches

Exactly. And there have been other examples over time, such Val's mom/caddy being called for carrying a beer can (which generated controversy), the Climo example from a while back (still talked about years later), McBeth time warning by McCray (oh, he was willing to call something then but stood there and wouldn't back up Nikko's correct call on Wysocki) and then whining after Sexton said it would be just a warning, etc. etc.

So ball golf's 'honor system' and self-policing by players is NOT working, at all. Calls made get controversy. Calls NOT made now getting controversy. System needs fixing. How we gonna do dat?

I have a theory that getting rid of warnings cause people to make less calls. Also, I think players believe that if you miss your lie on accident and only by a few inches, it did nothing to gain you an advantage, so why call it? I feel like if people were doing it to give themselves a better shot, people would be more likely to call it.

Last edited:
The one Ricky had at Memorial last year was obviously to gain a better position, it wasn't an accident. you could see him keep looking up at the tree in front of him trying to figure out the best angle. He then throws from 3ft behind his marker so that he had a better angle to get the distance he needed...

I have a theory that getting rid of warnings cause people to make less calls. Also, I think players believe that if you miss your lie on accident and only by a few inches, it did nothing to gain you an advantage, so why call it? I feel like if people were doing it to give themselves a better shot, people would be more likely to call it.

But it does give them an advantage.

Make a fairway throw when not worrying about your plant foot placement then make another one while making sure your plant foot hits the legal mark.

The second throw will be harder to do because you will be thinking about one more issue, hitting the legal mark.

DGPT - AbsoluteXtracts presents the San Francisco Open driven by Innova at Gleneagles DGC
Performance Tracks.
Hole #16 was the biggest problem for both of the higher-rated second-place finishers. On that hole over the three rounds, Paige scored 3.04 throws worse than her expectation, while Catrina scored 2.03 better than her expectation. Paul scored 1.38 worse than his expectation, while Ricky scored 1.73 better than his expectation.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SFO2019PTs2.jpg
    SFO2019PTs2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 181
Hole performance charts.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SFO2019HoleCharts.png
    SFO2019HoleCharts.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 259
But it does give them an advantage.

Make a fairway throw when not worrying about your plant foot placement then make another one while making sure your plant foot hits the legal mark.

The second throw will be harder to do because you will be thinking about one more issue, hitting the legal mark.

Yes--it´s SO much harder to hit your mark, than to just throw and not worry about it. . .it´s like making a longjump and not have to worry about hitting the plank.

Cat is a poor sport and should be ignored until she changes her attitude and embraces sportsmanship and professionalism.

Assuming the camera doesn't distort, she has had shoddy foot placement on fairway shots for years. I have been watching her play post-produced DG vids since 2014 Worlds and she's never cared about hitting her lie.

Fight me.

"Another human doesnt act like i want them to, lets ignore them"

Her attitude is the best part of her game. She is there to win, not make friends. It is her job, i dont blame her one bit for taking it seriously.

U prolly dont like bat-flips in baseball either .... Lol

"Another human doesnt act like i want them to, lets ignore them"

Her attitude is the best part of her game. She is there to win, not make friends. It is her job, i dont blame her one bit for taking it seriously.

U prolly dont like bat-flips in baseball either .... Lol

Yeah ur prolly right, lol, smh

Being a poor sportsman and cheating the rules to win is super admirable.

In case you miss the sarcasm: We're not talking about bat flips or showing off, dumbass.

SFO is a bomber's paradise. Perfect tournament for CCDG to have the speed gun and show drive distances. Lot of long throwers on the top of the leaderboard: Crush Boys, Kevin Jones, AB, Seppo, Calvin...

Congratulations to Ricky on a big win. He's found another gear on his backhand distance this year. He legitimately kept up distance wise with AB, Eagle, and Simon during the final round. Amazing to see him continue to develop his game this deep into his career. Cool stuff.

Ehh... he's eligible for masters now I think.... Grampa Crush:D

Masters worlds is going to be pretty fun to watch the next few years. MJ, Avery, Barry, Rico...maybe the Champ at some point:popcorn:

Masters worlds is going to be pretty fun to watch the next few years. MJ, Avery, Barry, Rico...maybe the Champ at some point:popcorn:

And yet, of your list, only Barry's registered so far for this year's edition. :(

Don't forget about the defending Masters World Champ though...and JohnE. There's potential for a pretty stacked field.

-Rules violations happen and are often uncalled in our self policed game
-Video has given us a portal to view these violations up close, from our safe interwebz seats
-Most violations cannot be called from another card, none can be called from our safe interwebz seats
-Some take to the interwebz to declare outrage at the missed calls....most have never made a rules violation call in actual play
-Leaves stick and dead horse

-Video has given us a portal to view these violations up close, from our safe interwebz seats
-Most violations cannot be called from another card, none can be called from our safe interwebz seats
-Some take to the interwebz to declare outrage at the missed calls....most have never made a rules violation call in actual play

I'm gonna disagree a little bit. There have been changes to the game made due to interwebz indignation. I personally find that disturbing, but it is true. See, when our teachers said we'd never amount to anything, that was pre-internet.

Where is the basket in relation to her foot and the disc?

(Point being, if you don't know where the basket is, you can't set the parameters for the 20cm width.)

If the basket wasn't in the direction she was throwing, thus making a foot fault, then she spanked that throw pretty badly. If the basket was in the direction that made that not a foot fault, that is.

cheater's gonna cheat i guess