• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT The Preserve Championship 2022

smoothplayer

Banned
Liking the changes to the course. I liked moving up the basket on 10 closer to the OB and doing something else for 11 which is a new hole.

Two other changes which would make MPO coverage better would be moving the teebox back maybe 10-20 feet on 15. Just add a bit more distance and tighten up that gap a bit. The hole is a bit on the easy side. Or maybe moving the basket back a bit to the right or left then adding a shorter pad for FPO. I'd love to see this hole just tweaked slightly.

I'd also really love to see a bunker short on 13 which will force players to carry it to park the hole (no low skip FH's short). Maybe starting 45-50 feet short of the basket and off to the left and creeping up to edge of circle, basically the ideal FH line and forcing a precise power and height shot.

Anyways really excited to see the upcoming coverage and the course is shaping up really well.

Looks like Hailey has totaly lost her game. . so wierd to see one of the best in 2021 at 32nd place. . even behind Kona (could not help it)

Ooof!

It's a shame Hailey's not playing to her potential. Hopefully she gets her game together and bounces back.

The game's better when moar people are vying for the podium. Moar exciting when someone on the final round chase card has a legit chance to win.

Ella is keeping up with Paige better than I anticipated. Will be a good test to see how her putt holds up under pressure today. She seemed to struggle a bit in that final round of Match Play against Ohn. But, if she keeps putting herself in position to win she will be more and more solid on the green.

Stoked to see Holyn today, she's a real talent and still quite new. I think she's going to be in the mix often in the not so distant future. Also, a very good interview with her on Ultiworld last week. https://youtu.be/Jzv-jsHm-AQ

Hailey has had a rough year. I still think she has the highest ceiling in FPO, the problem is her floor is also very low. She's been through a lot of life changes this season, I think (hope) she gets settled in soon. Peak Hailey is a fun watch!

I Wonder if Simon knows he can be historic today, and if he feels the pressure?

Holyn, Ella, and Missy really lit it up yesterday. Too bad they couldn't chase Paige down to really challenge her today. Would have been sweet to see a more dramatic contest for 1st.

Then again, this isn't the first time Paige has made the W a foregone conclusion well before the final hole. I really like where her head is at, and her game reflects it.

Be interesting to see how Bradley plays. Has he won a DGPT event or anything on that level? I don't think he has.

I might even think Simon is a slight favorite despite being back 3.

Be interesting to see how Bradley plays. Has he won a DGPT event or anything on that level? I don't think he has.

I might even think Simon is a slight favorite despite being back 3.
He won the Vibram Open at Maple Hill as a NT in 2016. He beat Michael Johansen in a playoff. It was actually the very first DGPT event ever, so he has a DGPT win.

What's the deal with YouTube's MPO coverage not available to stream for another 6hrs?

Is this DGN's way of encouraging people to subscribe?

:confused:

Now YouTube shows MPO at 4:30PM EST.
Earlier, it said 9:30.

*scratches head*

Wow, 250' throw-in on hole 5 for Bradley Williams for the unlikely birdie! :clap:
Superb camera work! :clap:

Wow, 250' throw-in on hole 5 for Bradley Williams for the unlikely birdie! :clap:
Superb camera work! :clap:
Camera work was almost as good as the shot.
Best part was Brad's reaction... priceless.

Super shot...just at the right time, he had just lost most of his lead. . and then THAT happens. . .hard to see him loose now, momentum shift

Super shot...just at the right time, he had just lost most of his lead. . and then THAT happens. . .hard to see him loose now, momentum shift

No doubt it was fortuitous timing for Williams, but still enough holes left for Simon, Kyle, and Ricky to catch him. This is gettin' fun!
:popcorn:

I'd love to see Williams win, but I'm a little worried about Ricky running him down.