• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT The Preserve Championship 2022

MPO lead card making #12 look like child's play.
If you add their collective distance from the pin, it's still probably within C1.

Best part was Brad's reaction... priceless.

Very different from the days when he refused high-5. That's a behavioral transformation. Looks like he bulked up as well. A very different look all around. He seemed so happy.

Really wanted the 3-fer for Simon, but happy for Bradley, played great all weekend. Made some really clutch throws toward the end. Glad to Ricky healthy again--hope Eagle can recover in time to make a showing this year.

Did anyone think Bradley trying to clear the water on 18's 2nd shot was WAY too risky? I mean if he goes in the water, could easily be extra holes...all he had to do was about a 250'-300' layup, then a 150' pitch up for a par to win? Guess he was just feeling it...

Last thought--the sheer number of players making a big splash (top 5 finishes, and even wins) in the last 2 years is astounding--at this point I wouldn't be shocked if almost anyone won the next event. I mean who had Bradley, Simon x2, and GG winning the last 4 at the beginning of the year?

Could be a very interesting off-season in the sponsorship world. As the COVID DG boom wanes (it has to, doesn't it), and the country battles a tough economic environment, I can't see the huge $$ we have been seeing in sponsorships continue--seems like a big game of musical chairs coming up...just so many players having good years, including even more youngsters. That also means fewer wins each year for any one particular player moving forward, as there seems to be a marked increase in overall talent level on the MPO side.

Did anyone think Bradley trying to clear the water on 18's 2nd shot was WAY too risky? I mean if he goes in the water, could easily be extra holes...all he had to do was about a 250'-300' layup, then a 150' pitch up for a par to win? Guess he was just feeling it...

Yes. He began hole 18 with a 1 stroke lead and needed just a par to win. I believe I would have laid up.

It was exciting when he went for it, though.

Actually kind of shocked me to be honest, because the whole time, he'd been "playing smart, staying within his game."

Maybe you're right in that he was just feeling it.

Another possibility is maybe that's how he'd been playing that hole (I didn't watch all three rounds), and he figured laying up in an attempt to play it safe, was more likely to go sideways than playing the hole as normally would, per his game plan.

Last edited:
Performance Tracks
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Preserve2022FPO.png
    Preserve2022FPO.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Preserve2022MPO.png
    Preserve2022MPO.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 250
Really wanted the 3-fer for Simon, but happy for Bradley, played great all weekend. Made some really clutch throws toward the end. Glad to Ricky healthy again--hope Eagle can recover in time to make a showing this year.

Last thought--the sheer number of players making a big splash (top 5 finishes, and even wins) in the last 2 years is astounding--at this point I wouldn't be shocked if almost anyone won the next event. I mean who had Bradley, Simon x2, and GG winning the last 4 at the beginning of the year?

Could be a very interesting off-season in the sponsorship world. As the COVID DG boom wanes (it has to, doesn't it), and the country battles a tough economic environment, I can't see the huge $$ we have been seeing in sponsorships continue--seems like a big game of musical chairs coming up...just so many players having good years, including even more youngsters. That also means fewer wins each year for any one particular player moving forward, as there seems to be a marked increase in overall talent level on the MPO side.

It'd be more like a 150 pitch then a 300 foot carry but sure.

I was questioning Rickys go for it shot. He was on a steep up slope/side slope and probably 450 feet out. He had literally no chance from there. He should have pitched up 150 feet and went for birdie which then forces Bradley to finish strong. Just putting up a birdie there puts some pressure on Bradley, but when he threw it in the water it was pretty much ball game. Not that it likely would have mattered, it was just such a crazy low percentage shot he tried.

Actually kind of shocked me to be honest, because the whole time, he'd been "playing smart, staying within his game."

Maybe you're right in that he was just feeling it.

Another possibility is maybe that's how he'd been playing that hole (I didn't watch all three rounds), and he figured laying up in an attempt to play it safe, was more likely to go sideways than playing the hole as normally would, per his game plan.

I think Bradley did play the safe shot, for him in that scenario.

He probably didn't practice the lay up from that position and threw the shot he knew he could make.

Imagine duffing the upshot you didn't throw, going OB and blowing the win in that fashion?

He probably didn't practice the lay up from that position and threw the shot he knew he could make.

Imagine duffing the upshot you didn't throw, going OB and blowing the win in that fashion?

This discussion hearkens back to the hole 18 Simon/GG double O/B scenario from several weeks back. At the same time, I can give Bradley a pass even if he misplayed it, cause how many times has he been in that situation the last 5.9 years? (Last DGPT win was 6.0 years ago). That was Chipmunk-gate...

That was kind of my point. If he never game planned for the lay up, then you could argue he made the safe play.

Holy wow, Kona. 28th place and 30 strokes behind 1st. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but she is getting exposed so far this year.

On the MPO side, who had Bradley winning? Looking back to him 10 years ago or so, he was always a little arrogant on and off the course. It seems he may have turned it around over the last couple of years. Anyone have any insights or played with him recently that can weigh in on this?

Holy wow, Kona. 28th place and 30 strokes behind 1st. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but she is getting exposed so far this year.

On the MPO side, who had Bradley winning? Looking back to him 10 years ago or so, he was always a little arrogant on and off the course. It seems he may have turned it around over the last couple of years. Anyone have any insights or played with him recently that can weigh in on this?

Kona is not even on the Press Conference for the U.S Womens, so not even the "media" person. .

Bradley for the win, must have been nice odds on that. .i dont think many saw that coming. . .but to pick a winner in 2022 has not been easy