• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc brands you dislike

Disc brands you dislike

• Innova

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Dynamic

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • Lat 64

Votes: 45 14.6%
  • Westside

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • Legacy

• MVP

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 131 42.4%
  • Daredevil

• Gateway

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • DGA

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Element Disc

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Reptilian Disc Golf

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Aerobie

Votes: 87 28.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Ozone

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Yikun

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • RPM Discs

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
The only disc that I really didn't like was The Skyiron Flagship I think it was called. Flew like a brick. I liked the free discs that came with the Instep basket better! Sold all of those at a garage sale.

There's discs that I don't like, but there aren't any companies that I hate. Prodigy is probably the closest, as I really was turned off by how their brand was launched. I've never bought or thrown a single prodigy disc, but I'm fine with them as a company now since things have seemed to settle down. Companies that don't sell mids or putters in base plastic kind of irritate me though - but that just means that they won't get my business because I probably won't ever throw their stuff, not because I hate them.

As for hating a brand because of 'fanboys' that's kind of ridiculous. You'd hate any brand because of who the fanboys are, not because the company itself is crap.

I dont either. I only bag two Trilogy molds...both Westside...but I havent found too much to hate about any of the three brands.

My bag changes a bit just because I like to do it. At any given time, I'll have Discraft/Innova/Discmania/MVP/Axiom/Legacy and all three of the Trilogy brands in my bag. I could easily go all Innova or all Trilogy. I really haven't found a mold from Trilogy I have hated. I mean, I can't use the Justice, but I am not very strong. The mids are just fantastic, and it were not for the Tern, Trilogy would probably be my favorite maker of drivers.

Side note, the OS mid in my bag is a Justice. Dont need to be strong to throw it. But the crazy stability will allow for some unique lines (like with any stupid stable disc). Forehand flex shots around 2 sets of trees, feels like youre throwing a batarang programmed just right.

People making frizbeez are pretty OK by me. I don't prefer a bunch of brands. But why poo-poo folks who are trying to put discs into people's hands and make a living in the sport they love.

At this point in the poll, I'm a little surprised how disliked Prodigy is. Their plastics are good to me, and their Speed 7 and below (F, M, A, Pa) series have some good molds. So I'm guessing the dislike has to do with the people at the company?

I voted Prodigy even though I don't actually dislike them. I dislike their number system because of some of the reasons others have said. My friend loves his F5, and, basing how US it was, he got an H3 that he figured would be Teebird esque since it was more in the middle of the spectrum. The thing flies like my newest GL XXX. It's just not worth it to me to try to guess how their discs are going to fly. I also love their plastic, at least, a couple of the blends, though they don't say what blend it is on the disc, so I have no clue which blends I actually like. Why be so vague?

Prodigy is kind of hard to pin down for me, I don't hate anything that furthers disc golf, but the are among my least favorites. My bag is mostly dependent on Westside, MVP and Innova so they get the most attention.

I've never super loved any Discraft stuff but I think they are a good company.

At this point in the poll, I'm a little surprised how disliked Prodigy is. Their plastics are good to me, and their Speed 7 and below (F, M, A, Pa) series have some good molds. So I'm guessing the dislike has to do with the people at the company?

The only thing I dislike about Prodigy is the lack of names for their discs. D1, D2, D4, whatever. That isn't going to cut it. You have to look online to figure out what each of those discs even does.

In other words, I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it the difference between a D1 and a D3 in flight characteristics.

The few of their drivers I've thrown I've liked. Good plastic and the discs are legit fliers.

The only thing I dislike about Prodigy is the lack of names for their discs. D1, D2, D4, whatever. That isn't going to cut it. You have to look online to figure out what each of those discs even does.

In other words, I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it the difference between a D1 and a D3 in flight characteristics.

The few of their drivers I've thrown I've liked. Good plastic and the discs are legit fliers.

Their plastics are some of the best I've ever used. If more people would take a chance on them I think there would be less hate. Just a matter of finding mold that you can click with.

I loyally wore vibram soled boots for over 10 years. I recommended them to many people and even bought them as gifts for a few.

Then they began to make discs.

I hate the discs so much I stopped buying the boots, make recommendations against them, and rejoiced in their payout for the five finger shoes lawsuit settlement.

Rejoiced!

Innova just needs to trim the fat. They have so many discs that are in the same slot that it's just simpler to shop from another company then figure out the perfect disc and other companies seem to have better misprint deals like Discraft. I do love and own a lot of there discs but something makes me wanna throw other stuff lol. Their discs aren't as pretty as other companies too.

I used to see a ton of hate for Innova. Inconsistent molds, too many options, holier than thou attitude about availability, and so on and so on. I believe most of that hate has disappeared because a lot of people are impressed with some of they newer molds as well as figuring out that some of the classic molds got it right the first time. I think the success of the 3 line helped as well. Tern, Gazelle, Roc, TeeBird, Thunderbird, Firebird, and Roc3s are all examples.

When I first started 12 years ago, all I saw was Innova because they were in the major sporting good stores and WalMart. Dedicated DG stores were few and far between. When it was a big deal when I found Discraft. I wanted to go all Discraft just to be different from all everyone else who seemingly had no choice but to throw Innova. When Jasper Lundmark came out with his line of discs for Latitude, I jumped all over that because of my Swedish heritage. Then, for a long time I was all over the place, trying anything new that came out and not being brand specific. However, when I found something I really liked, I tried converting to all that brand. I wasted so much money.

And then Trilogy came about and I tried converting all to them. I like that I could be "loyal" to three companies because between the three I was assured I could cover everything I needed. I kept trying, but I could not find anything that covered the spot the Star Gazelle or PFN Star TeeBird could do. I broke my "loyalty" to the Trilogy. However, I always kept tabs on them and wanted to like them because I was heavily invested with Pures and Truths (which have since been placed with Verdicts). However to that however, and bringing this back full circle, I found that my bag has partially migrated back to Innova. I have no hate toward them now because I fall into the camp that they have many molds they got right the first time.

Now my bag is an eclectic mix of a lot of companies, and it is more about what mold, regardless of company, can fit into that slot. Pure, Ion, Harp, Voodoo, Buzzz SS, Verdict, Leopard3, FD, Thunderbird, DDx, DD, and Firebird. And while not making the bag, I will never part with my Gazelles, TeeBirds, Swords, and unless I have a great offer, I have Trespasses, Truths, and Halos that will be quietly locked away until the time is right to be thrown again.

Latest posts