• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

finally felt up some electron **** today. its whatever. had no grip issues today in MN and were 10 days from christmas, and thats throwing all neutron discs. if they made the important molds in electron, (ion, vector, tangent, volt) id probably bag them but im not holding my breath.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well I could grip neutron today. I will try electron, but it is not absolutely necessary I now find.

Just noticed they have a heart on them, two actually, how precious

I am visiting family out of town for the holidays. Their local drug store carries discs so I always stop in to check them out. They had two of the Electron prototypes in stock! Didn't think I would ever see one of these unless they made a regular production run. They felt pretty nice, I bought the firm formula 1 white at 167g. Left the formula 2, maybe someone else will find it and get a nice Christmas surprise.

So I broke down and use an f1 today for 36 holes. Wow it as amazing! I can't wait for the release of the electron plastic! It was very wet here in Ohio. No loss of grip what so ever. They will be worth checking out if you are on the fence about them.

Orange formula 2 is great. I love it for a putting putter. A white formula 1 has had some practice time too. Form 1 and 2 blues are nice but I prefer the protos a little more. Granted most of this has been in a gym this winter. Ions have been creeping their way back in though. Well see come spring, if it ever shows up

No, but only because I wanted a PDGA approved disc for tournament play. I like them both equally and still use my protos for practice putting in the backyard.

Same here. Liked my non-atom protos but bought atoms to play a winter tournament. Though I think i like the atoms better now that I've adjusted.

Nope! I prefer beaded putters that are heavier than 167g, and you know I just got dat Plasma Ion :D. Although I love the feel of the Soft Electron... my soft proto feels like a good forehand disc in my dainty little hands, so I may use it for that.

Still, haven't thrown much this winter. I don't know how you guys do it in MN.

I picked up an experimental firm Proto and used it for upshots and some putting and it felt great. I've been putting with the soft Proto since they came out and really like the firm so far

It'll be interesting. I picked up a light orange Atom that's about 7grams heavier than my blue proto. I know they supposedly tweaked the mold, but looking at them side by side I don't see much difference. Hopefully the added weight gives the Atom a little more stability, although I know it won't be the beeftastic wonder that my proto is. Just release the damn proto already MVP! (we need a begging smiley) BTW, the local shop is charging $16 after tax for Electron. Hopefully they get their prices down, otherwise I'll buy this stuff online. I don't mind paying a small premium to support them, but $4 is a bit much! On the bright side they only want $19 for Plasma.

So this disc turned into the Atom them but slightly tweeked? Just realized I had two of these ��