• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Firebirds Illegal!

I think you are doing the test wrong. according to the pdga you have to stand on one foot, use your left hand clap three times and then do the flex text.

this thread is pointless!!! ;)

now where's Chuck and Peter?

someone post this in Ask Shrive thread and see what the PDGA really has to say about it

They'll deflect the same way Chuck has every time I've asked about these items:
  • why the plus molds don't need certification despite Dave admitting (mentioning how to tell the DX Roc from the Roc+ is placement of tooling) they're a new piece to the mold and not a molding inconsistency
  • why Innova didn't get any disciplinary action for molding "Destroyers" with a Vulcan top and selling them as Destroyers
  • why the numerous variants of the Roc can marketed distinctively yet still exist under the same single certification

OP, please post test pictures of every disc in your bag. I would like to see how many pass.

OP, please post test pictures of every disc in your bag. I would like to see how many pass.

That would only further the issue as to why G9i's were considered illegal but no other molds were despite many potentially failing the test.

I'd love to, but I've been playing for 20 years and some of my plastic is just about that old. In my bag, I am sure that my Z Nukes, Z MRVs, and my champ Katanas would not pass...

Oh, and the G9i and Firebird too!:)

Last edited:
The medium wizards were literally stiff as a board. I don't think you could bend them 10% without breaking them. Now, that firebird obviously doesn't pass but it is no where near the hardness of a medium wizard. PDGA testing method fail.

Hitler took the Firebirds, Stalin took the Firebirds, Mao took the Firebirds…

1776 will commence again if you try to take our Firebirds…the republic will rise again if you attempt to take our Firebirds!

So when are the stiff disc throwers all gonna move south and start playing southern nationals instead?

Guess i'll just toss my 11x's in the trash. :sick:

You'll have to pry my candy pros, 11x's, and ce firebirds from my cold dead fingers!

On another note, I'd rather lose my firebirds than my rocs or teebirds :-/

Doesn't PDGA approval on these molds mean that, at some point, they passed muster? Hence, they simply need to return to the plastic blend they were using at the point of submitting the discs for review?

I love my stiffy wizards, and FBs but i agree that it needs to be fair. if these are indeed illegal then Innova needs to fix it. :|

Agreed, and then innova needs to allow me to trade in any illegal discs they have sold me, or the PDGA needs to state they are legal(previously prodced), but innova can't make anymore until they are refined to become legal as manufactured.

There are way too many discs out there. If you try to state that older, approved discs are now all of a sudden not approved, you are asking for an uproar. I know i won't play a single PDGA tourney if they take all my discs, or if they even look like they could take them. I'll just play un-sanctioned tourneys, or just play casually. I'm sure i wouldn't be the only one.

But, i think until the PDGA makes an official, ACROSS THE BOARD ruling on how this rule is enforced, how it will be enforced, and legality of current discs (doesn't even need to be about a specific disc) these threads are going to keep jumping up and will get quite annoying.

Thankfully I have no love for firebirds....

I have a black star firebird with a red stamp that may hit ebay for 1000+ dollars....I'll take the couch cruiser road. ;)