• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FYI: Bowling Green Amateur Championships

DGA - Proline Hurricane
The others have not announced what they will include yet.

For as long as I can remember the Gateway disc given out was either a mid range or a putter.

Nothing will ever bet the year it was phenix straps and a CE disc of your choice. That year was AWESOME!!

I hope they do that again this year :D

Seriously though, I am very close to signing up for this one. Does anybody have a SO or buddy or something that would want to watch a dog for the weekend (I don't have much to offer in payment, maybe some plastic? or like $20) I'd rather not have to leave him in the car (possibly tied up at tourney central) (or possibly be allowed on the course? most likely not, as I know it's against PDGA rules, some TD's won't mind as long as the card doesn't mind, but for such a large scale event I'll assume otherwise). I'd also rather not have to pay to board him, but am willing to consider that option if there's an inexpensive local place.

March 9, update for registered players (feel free to forward to friends):

Now up to 393 players, with 10 to 15 new players each day. Registration closes March 26th, with the first 500 getting the premium players package of 5 items from 5 manufactures.

Innova has pulled 500 First Run Star Mako Disc out and bottom stamped the BG 2011 logo for the players' packages!

DGA is including a pro line Hurricane for the first 500 as well.

Sinking Disc Sports just finalized their pre-tournament activities and will include yet another chance to grab PDGA points:

Wednesday March 30th - Lovers Lane Doubles & Keriakes Doubles
-Bring your own partner or we can find one for you
-Flex start from 10am-3pm
-$15 per player
-Players choice players pack (Yeti Pro Aviar, R-Pro XD, Pro Katana, Pro Wraith)
-CTPs
-Voucher payout at Flymart

Thursday March 31st - Sun King Presents Bowling Green Blast
-PDGA B-Tier
-Flex Start at Keriakes from 9am-2pm
-Play Both Keriakes and Lovers Lane
-$20 per player
-Players choice players pack (Glow KC Aviar, Champion Teebird-L, Dyed Champion Boss, Gold Line Havoc)
-CTPs

Pandamonium Disc is hosting Miller Park this year, and announced a "WIN A BASKET – putting contest for Thursday from 8am till 6pm:
Will be giving a basket to whoever makes the most consecutive 25ft putts
$5 to enter or free entry with purchase of a shirt or dyed disc
Will give the basket out to the winner at the players' party or during their tournament round if at Miller Park

Looking for Free chances to win:

Vibrum and DGA will hole a putting contest Thursday from 7-9 at check-in, using Vibrum putters to win DGA gel straps. Winners every 15 minutes.

And back again is the Innova BIG GUN long drive competition, qualifying Thursday 10 – 5, with finals at 5pm at Phil Moore Park hole 2. Winner gets custom personal signature disc, with baskets for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

All courses are currently open and playable for those who want to sneak in an early practice.

A PDGA C-tier will be at the brand new (I poured the last tee yesterday) Bowling Green Technical College on March 20 to kick off the newest 18 hole course in town. Info here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGTC.html

More items will be announced as they are firmed up for your pleasure while visiting the Disc Golf Mecca of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Yea this tourney seems sweet!! We need a list of all the dgcr members going
me, jaybone7549,and lithicon. Are all gonna be there

HB,

I just want to say thanks for all the work you do to make this such a great tourney. I am looking forward to seeing the new course at BG Tech College.

Thanks, Tim

I hear Innova is bottom stamping 500 first run Mako's for their part in the players pack.

Attachments

• BG MAKO.jpg
    BG MAKO.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 18