• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

Talked to Will today for a BSF preview, and he pretty much just said his whole game is off. But this weekend is a good chance to get back on track, as he's historically performed well at Milo.

Like onemile says here, he knows his whole game is off. I don't think any of us wants to see him struggle like this. He placed 31st at the Euro Masters, tying for his worst finish of the year (with GBO). A strong Will is great for the competition, giving Paul and Ricky a run for their money. I'm still rooting for him every tourney, and know he can win. Maybe he just needs to get that same confidence back.

Will's skipping The Majestic and playing in Knoxville instead. What's that all about?

He also skipped all the European trips.

I'm sensing a reduction in commitment to disc golf. It happens. Some folks can't drive around the country living hand to mouth forever.

Will's skipping The Majestic and playing in Knoxville instead. What's that all about?

I'm sensing a reduction in commitment to disc golf. It happens. Some folks can't drive around the country living hand to mouth forever.

Dana mentioned this during the Majestic broadcast. He said Will had just gotten back from Europe, and didn't think he had enough time to prepare for the Majestic, so he decided to play an A tier at home. Makes sense to me. These guys do enough travelling as it is.

He didn't skip Europe. He was over there with the rest of the Prodigy crew playing Estonia and the European Masters the last couple weeks.

As far as his choice to not play the Majestic, something that might be a factor is something I heard a couple years ago regarding Prodigy's general strategy for their traveling players (to be fair, this is something I heard when they still had a much larger stable of "touring" players...i.e. before Wysocki, Locastro, Hokom, etc, left the team). The strategy (allegedly) was to spread their players around a bit more when it came to A and B tier events played between Majors and NT stops. The reasons are two-fold. One, the more spread out they are, the more visible the brand can be. Two, the more spread out they are, the less they're undercutting each other for what, realistically, are limited pay days.

Uli, Cale, and Cat are at the Majestic already. If for Will, the DGPT isn't a significant draw (he's already skipped Silver Cup too), then there may be no reason to play there when he can bring the brand to a different A-tier instead, particularly one that is practically in his backyard on courses he probably knows well. I imagine it's been a lighter week for him than it might otherwise have been if he went to Minnesota...sleeping at home, maybe taking a couple days completely off rather than worry about practicing the courses for the weekend, etc.

It should be noted that Koling is nowhere to be found on the tour schedule this week...he's probably taking advantage of some down time after grinding on the road for so long. With Worlds coming up, I imagine a lot of players could use a down week to catch their breath and get geared up for that.

Last edited:
Dana mentioned this during the Majestic broadcast. He said Will had just gotten back from Europe, and didn't think he had enough time to prepare for the Majestic, so he decided to play an A tier at home. Makes sense to me. These guys do enough travelling as it is.

That's right, I forgot he played the Euro Masters. He skipped all the other tournaments in Europe, though.

He can play whatever tournament he wants, but what's the difference b/t traveling from Stockholm to Knoxville to play an A-tier (which he is leading, after two rounds, posting two ~1030 rounds) and traveling from Stockholm to MSP to play The Majestic? The only difference I can see is competition. Maybe he can sleep in his own bed, if he lives in Knoxville.

The volunteer classic is a staple tourney Will plays every year. Its not uncommon to see Will skip one or two of the biggest events on the schedule in favor of a week or two closer to home. He's done it for the last couple of years.

(to be fair, this is something I heard when they still had a much larger stable of "touring" players...i.e. before Wysocki, Locastro, Hokom, etc, left the team).

I walked in late to this party... who did Hokom leave Prodigy for?

It should be noted that Koling is nowhere to be found on the tour schedule this week...he's probably taking advantage of some down time after grinding on the road for so long.

Word on the street is that Jerm is having some pretty serious injury issues this year.

Will won several handfuls more money in Knoxville than he would have at the Majestic. Smart move avoiding crook town.

Will won several handfuls more money in Knoxville than he would have at the Majestic. Smart move avoiding crook town.

You mean more $ than he would have fininishing 20th at the Majestic? No doubt.

Or are you saying he won more than $2200 for a first place win against his lesser Prodigy teammates?

Looking at past years payouts at the Volunteer Classic, payout for first has barely averaged $1000.

On the big scene, I think Will is done. I think he has too many hitches and glitches to be a threat to the top players in any major event.

Nothing against Will, just my opinion.

You mean more $ than he would have fininishing 20th at the Majestic? No doubt.

Or are you saying he won more than $2200 for a first place win against his lesser Prodigy teammates?

Looking at past years payouts at the Volunteer Classic, payout for first has barely averaged $1000.

1st paid out $1,400 with essentially no travel costs and he got to see his family.