• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

You are right, of course, David. But, someone IS paying the judge, bailiff, attorneys, court recorder, ancillary staff, heats, lights.... Multiply this time the infinite frivolous litigation and it is my money being wasted. But your point is well taken.....not a grand jury here.

I'm just guessing, of course. If a restraining order is something so time-dependent that they open the court just for it, that's different. As with much of this, I have no idea.

I've spent enough time in local courts, as a landlord and holder of bad checks, to know how much frivolous stuff consumes them. Cumulatively, it may be a waste, but each one is relatively small because there are a lot of them crammed into a session.

Speaking of... I got a beat in red BuzzzOS in Blueberry 13 pond I will pay retail for. I guess one dude swims naked in there every year I hope he see this.

I may know of the infamous "Mud Man" who you speak of. He hasn't dived naked there in over 2 years so hoping that this year if allowed under new management he will be in there once again. We will keep a eye out for your buzzz. We have pulled 70 plus discs out of there in a couple hours before. Anything inked we leave in the clubhouse to be claimed.

I just found out that Mountain Man is in the hospital. I don't have a lot of information right now but it sounds like it may be exhaustion, weight loss and dehydration from not eating or sleeping. I believe he's in Oshkosh but I don't know which hospital. As soon as I find out where he is I'll give an update, and I'll go down and visit tomorrow if I can. He's pretty tough so I'm sure he'll be all right.

As I don't know any of the players personally, I honestly don't know whether to take any of this seriously or not, but out of respect to the parties involved I am probably going to check out of this thread. I hope everything turns out OK for everyone.

Last edited:
I sure look forward to my next trip to HBH. Someone let me know when the time is right.

Thanks. Good luck all.

I sure look forward to my next trip to HBH. Someone let me know when the time is right.

Thanks. Good luck all.

The event schedule is in the works, and the pro shop will be fabulous. Its being tough trying to schedule events around everyone else who jad a jumpstart on us but it should be a great year up there once the snow clears.
Still legal stuff to be finalized and probably quite a few construction/rehab projects taking place this year but the road to recovery has been paved. Hope to see as many of you this year as possible. Be patient and your dreams will arrive before you know it.

The event schedule is in the works, and the pro shop will be fabulous. Its being tough trying to schedule events around everyone else who jad a jumpstart on us but it should be a great year up there once the snow clears.
Still legal stuff to be finalized and probably quite a few construction/rehab projects taking place this year but the road to recovery has been paved. Hope to see as many of you this year as possible. Be patient and your dreams will arrive before you know it.
Yup. So many people have volunteered to help that even if half don't show up, there will still be an army up there getting things ready. MM recruited the best people he could find, they all realize what a big deal this is, and they're all ready to go. The snowball is already rolling downhill, picking up speed, getting bigger and bigger.....:thmbup:

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to MM! You post information in a clear and concise manner, please continue.

My Morning Routine Consists of Walking the Dog, Feeding the Dog and Cat, Making Coffee and reading all the updates to the Highbridge thread. Thanks for all the morning chuckles

Illness may explain not being at the court hearing?

Get well, MM. Hoping to get to HBH for the first time once some of this dust settles.

So after two years of volunteering Ive decided to call it quits here. I honestly tried to help but mabe its worse than when I started coming up and it was still covered in infrasound garbage. Mtn Man sounds like he is in rough shape. I hope he takes over but I doubt his health will allow that. After watching him jump the gun on this whole ordeal, I don't think I was comfortable on his team even if he was healthy. There are no baskets on the courses. Now half the baskets that did belong to the DGC have been sold. The other half are being held hostage by John Jokinen. JJ is in full sabotage mode. His manic head races constantly thru cheap schemes on how to **** over any new management. However hes probably gonna end up in his same old role again. He has no problem putting those portable pos lightning baskets that aren't even regulation on the best disc golf courses in the world. He has no problem advertising cabins and courses he doesn't even have. This place is full of NUTS. I just want have one weekend of the year with the boys playing disc golf. That's the only reason I came up here to help in the first place. If anyone is interested in buying your gonna need at least an additional $30,000 to even be operational. By the time you make the deposit its close to 100k to get started. Then you have to go draw lines in the sand with John.

I offered to help the current owners as an interim manager but they just want to sell the place and aren't willing to invest the 30k. I got a whole business plan here on paper if anyone is seriously interested in buying. It takes a lot more than a down payment and on the disc golf revenue alone its not more than a one or two person operation if you want to turn the slightest profit. Good luck yall!

How many disc golfers have the money to PROPERLY rescue and restore this place? McBeth .. Heinold?.. Frankly, why would they want to; its in the middle of nowhere, half the year its snowed in and JJ is going to be a thorn in anyones side as long as he owns any of the property.

The strategy of trying to fight around JJ doesn't seem like a good plan, did anyone ever try getting together to peaceably offer a buy out? Now he has leverage because he owns property and this may have burned bridges for good.. sounds like hes already sabotaging the place. You can't force anyone out of a property unless you own part of the deed and file a partition lawsuit, unfortunately this is a subdivided property already so thats not an option.

I dont think its worth the effort, at this point i would STOP helping JJ with the courses, STOP paying to play them, and if possible have the courses removed from DGCR.. maybe through attrition he will give up on it and someday it can be taken over properly.

Last edited:

Latest posts