• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you get 500+ throws??????

Wich disc is best for flat distance speed drives around 300-500ft ?

• Total voters
Oh then I did my job because I am totally jealous. I would give my left elf ball to even throw 400 consistently let alone 500.

When i started to plat discgolf i used to only use a putter for all my shots and they where up to 240 ft(used my putter(Magnet 174g) from 2004-2006 .When i got my hands on a driver all my shots almost directly went over 350ft.:) try Practice distance with putters that will maby increase your distance:)

:DIt helped for me:D

I have heard that to throw the furthest you can you must get the disc to the higest point possible and be able to turn the disc over.

Animated DiscGolf throw

Attachments

• animated discgolf throw.gif
    animated discgolf throw.gif
    126.3 KB · Views: 76
  • animated discgolf throw fast.gif
    animated discgolf throw fast.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 54
Maybe this is total BS but when your throwing such a long way, how can you ever be consistent if the conditions are inconsistent?

The speed of your discs is far higher than mine so 1 second less in flight time will result in a greater loss of distance than a 300-350ft thrower. But 1 second flight time can be added an taken away easily by enviromental factors, how consistent is hte weather where you are.

So hte next few times you go out, you could take a note of the conditions and your distances, particularly apex height, there may well be some angles and lines that suit you in certain conditions better than others.

It may well be likely that you already have the ability to throw over 500ft consistently but you might only need to improve your stratergy....

just a thought anyway

Maybe this is total BS but when your throwing such a long way, how can you ever be consistent if the conditions are inconsistent?

The speed of your discs is far higher than mine so 1 second less in flight time will result in a greater loss of distance than a 300-350ft thrower. But 1 second flight time can be added an taken away easily by enviromental factors, how consistent is hte weather where you are.

So hte next few times you go out, you could take a note of the conditions and your distances, particularly apex height, there may well be some angles and lines that suit you in certain conditions better than others.

It may well be likely that you already have the ability to throw over 500ft consistently but you might only need to improve your stratergy....

just a thought anyway

The weather is quite consistent but sometimes when its a headwind the discs could stop in the air after 250 ft and fly backwards 30ft and then land.:mad:

Next time i go out i will try to write down whole the flightpath and the surounding conditions.:)

Very few people can throw over 450 feet. If you're throwing this far, why do you want to break the 500 foot barrier? If you're interested in doing this purely for distance, that's an entirely different throw than what you use in a round of disc golf.

Anyone who can throw 375+ feet consistently, can cash in the open division. It's not about who throws the farthest, it's about accuracy, approach/recovery, and putting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb1rGk_Eg8&feature=channel

My run up form for discgolf distance of the Tee

I took a look at this. One thing I noticed is you could increase the tempo and flow of your run up. Try starting slow and then speed up as you go through your throw. Seems like you could add some distance by increasing your run up speed as that will give you added momentum for your throw. Let me know if I explained this well or if its just gibberish

I took a look at this. One thing I noticed is you could increase the tempo and flow of your run up. Try starting slow and then speed up as you go through your throw. Seems like you could add some distance by increasing your run up speed as that will give you added momentum for your throw. Let me know if I explained this well or if its just gibberish

I have thought about that before and i will try to improve the flow of the throw(start slow and then power up towards the release)and maby train more on the explosive throws for more distance.I think of it like this(start at 20%power and then the power rises all the way to the release at 200%power)
:)

explosive workouts may also help you out... especially if you are young, you will see large gains from weight training. Try developing a circuit workout with power cleans and plyometrics, did this alot in high school for track. After getting a good month of circuit workouts, i cut my times down by a ton... I ran the 110 hurdles, so I used explosive lifts to build up my start out of the blocks. I may not have had the best times at the end, but no one would beat me to the first hurdle lol.

Anyone who can throw 375+ feet consistently, can cash in the open division.

It's not about who throws the farthest, it's about accuracy, approach/recovery, and putting.
Is it just me or does that mostly contradict itself?

Latest posts