• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

I carry 4

2 pro d challengers for putting

1 flx challenger for overstable approaches

1 Ti FLX ledgestone edition challenger for most short upshots and under stable approaches (for some reason this disc is pretty understable for being brand new. must be he plastic.)

I carry 4

2 pro d challengers for putting

1 flx challenger for overstable approaches

1 Ti FLX ledgestone edition challenger for most short upshots and under stable approaches (for some reason this disc is pretty understable for being brand new. must be he plastic.)

I like this setup. :thmbup: 1 putter, different plastics. Kinda like the pro's.

I carry 6, 2 soft proton ions for putting and 4 ryhnos. Of the rhynos, I have 1 each of dx, pro, and champ in the bag at all times. The 4th rotates between a 2nd pro or dx. I mainly approach with the dx and pro rhynos and use the champ for driving.

4: 2 JK Aviar's, 2 Champion Rhyno's. All max weight except the gummy Rhyno (172). I use both JK's for putting and some approach shots. The two Rhyno's are like short mid's for me. They get used anytime I need something short but needs to finish. The gummy Rhyno is very overstable contrary to weight and plastic. The Rhyno's are also used when I need something to sit where it hits, especially where the basket is located near a slope where rolling discs can pose a problem.

I carry 2 or 3 putters:

1) Putting putter (Atom)
2) Driving putter (Envy or Harp)
3) Understable putter (Colt or Atom #2)

It is nice to have a second disc that I can putt with. Colt or Envy can substitute for the Atom without much adjustment.

As a relatively new player, just one for 25 ft and under, a KC Pro Aviar.

2 soft putting putters -wizards

Polecat for upshots

Xd for utility

2 firm driving wizards

I could easily get away with just using wizards only but the polecat is so fun to throw!

I carry two mcpros, same wear, for any putts. I also carry a s-line p2 for up shots or short drives and a xt nova for the same. one for overstable-stable and one stable-understable. I have a buddy who carries a bunch of rhynos, 2 pures and a birdie. I think putters are a huge part of the game and if you can control them on more than just putts its important to have them. true disc golfers can pistol their putter...

I only carry 3 putters,

1x SSS Wizard for putts
1x SSS Wizard for backup
1x Neutron Envy for drives and upshots

5 at the moment. All BB Aviars

4 KC Aviars - 2 for putting and 2 for throwing
1 Star Aviar Dirver - for OS Putter Shots

Trying to learn here, so take remember that when I ask...why do some people carry more than one putting putter?

Trying to learn here, so take remember that when I ask...why do some people carry more than one putting putter?

Some people because they putt with something else from different distances. For me, its just another putter to get beat up while I preactice putt before a round. Thats all my other putting putter gets used for.

Warmup putts before a round, if it's a practice/ casual round you can putt multiple times on a hole, or even distribute the wear like Horsman said.

if it's a practice/ casual round you can putt multiple times on a hole, or even distribute the wear like Horsman said.

I need to start doing this I think. Any danger in using more than one mold for the multiple putts? I am trying to decide on one to stick with out of a few I really like.

Latest posts