• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

I need to start doing this I think. Any danger in using more than one mold for the multiple putts? I am trying to decide on one to stick with out of a few I really like.

Usually within the putting circle you want to use the same mold everytime. Outside of the circle some like a beat up version of their circle putter or a more neutral putter.

Look at Feldbeard: Pretty sure he is Daggers in the circle, beat Judge for jump putts, and Sinus for throwing putter.

I need to start doing this I think. Any danger in using more than one mold for the multiple putts? I am trying to decide on one to stick with out of a few I really like.

No harm really. I would suggest though that for serious/ tournament rounds you stick with just one putter or just take the other practice putter out of ur bag for the time being. Just so that if you miss a putt you dont second guess yourself and wish u would have thrown the other putter.

2 Zero Hard Pures that get cycled as my main putting putter. Always have a backup on me.
1 Opto Pure workhorse
1 Soft Pure for tricky greens where I want it to sit on shots that are outside the range of the next putter...
1 Rattler for running everything
1 Zone, for things that zones do.

No harm really. I would suggest though that for serious/ tournament rounds you stick with just one putter or just take the other practice putter out of ur bag for the time being. Just so that if you miss a putt you dont second guess yourself and wish u would have thrown the other putter.

Oh, no doubt.

one D-line Discmania P3 for drives/windy upshots
one Medium Pure for putting and shorter upshots
one ESP Zone drives/hyzer shots.

Sometimes a Blo-Fly for just mountain courses.

Any danger in using more than one mold for the multiple putts?

Most people putt with a certain technique from 0 ft. out to x feet. x may equal 20 feet, 25 feet, 30 feet, etc., but they have a certain "putting stroke", be it a push putt, a spin put, straddle putt, etc. And IMHO, when one putts with that same stroke, one would probably do better using the same mold (and plastic) of putter every time for consistency and confidence.

Once one gets outside that putting stroke range, and go to a dfferent stroke, be it jump putting or just throwing, then another mold is not going to be a problem... may even be better for that different technique.

Whatever works best for you is what the right answer is, of course.

I have 2 wardens about 2 weeks old (still new and exploring disc options). Both are red, small huk lab 174g. I have a sharpie dot on the bottom of one, that's my putter for anything I'm at least 80% confidence (so about 30-35 ft) and then another that's for approaches, short control drives and longer putts. The second one has a little more abuse on it so it's a little more neutral so I can give it just a hint on anny angle from about 60ft and trust the s curve to keep it dang near dead straight.

And for the record I am somewhere in the middle of a not so pretty push/spin putt. Gravitating more towards a spin putt style but tweaking it a little bit.

2 Sparkle Legacy Hunters for putting only.
1 Pink Legend "Rico" Clutch for OS Driving/Upshots
1 Fuzion Judge for driving
1 Blend Judge (beat in) for understable to straight approaches
1 XT Nova for upshots.

Nova I have cause I really like throwing it and helps keep my form in check. The Blend Judge maybe being replaced by a Pinnacle Hunter if it's as understable as people are saying on the Facebook group.

I'll be that 1 putter guy. Aviar PnA. :D

I do plan on getting a more durable one for drives though. I have 5 of them, but I throw them all in putter practice and putter rounds. Cardinal sin I know.. On my three primary courses I only drive with a putter on 4 holes total anyways. Last winter I used a Wizard to grip the chains better. Auditioned a Hard Pure some this summer. I like it a touch better for drives being more firm. Got a practice "black" ace at 150ft with it, although I didn't empty my bag per say. It was just an extra throw. I'll make room for a second putter some time soon. Maybe even a worn one later on.

As mentioned previously I carry 2 atoms (putting putters) because I throw mainly casual rounds and like to have a second try if I miss a putt. I keep a scale so I have a brick for placement shots and circle putts in extreme winds. I use a plasma anode and esp zone off the tee and for us/os duties, respectively

Most people putt with a certain technique from 0 ft. out to x feet. x may equal 20 feet, 25 feet, 30 feet, etc., but they have a certain "putting stroke", be it a push putt, a spin put, straddle putt, etc. And IMHO, when one putts with that same stroke, one would probably do better using the same mold (and plastic) of putter every time for consistency and confidence.

Once one gets outside that putting stroke range, and go to a dfferent stroke, be it jump putting or just throwing, then another mold is not going to be a problem... may even be better for that different technique.

^Solid.

If it's a doubles match, tourney, or cash game with friends I only carry my Sinus SP and a JK Aviar. Sinus for inside the circle, JK for outside, and depending on the approach either one.

In a casual round I carry 2 SP's, 2 AP's, JK and DX Aviars, and an Anode. If the course isn't busy I'll putt with all of them just for practice.

Two putters total:
1 Firm Ridge - overstable/stable drives, putts within the circle
1 Firm Summit - understable drives, most upshots, putts outside the circle.

I carry two putters around with me. I use a Discraft Pro-D Magnet as my "driving" putter and then a Legacy Protege Clutch as my "putting" putter. Both are stable/overstable.

@fasteddie
I've been tempted to do an all Rhyno setup myself. For non rhyno drives, I'm currently working with a beat up dx aviar for hyzer flips up to around 300' and maybe 275' on some turnover lines. How does your driving distance compare between the dx and pro rhynos? Which do you think has the most distance potential?

Latest posts