• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

Technically 5 but I don't consider the zone a putter,it's more of a beefy mid/short utility disc.

Dp2 seasoned - main putter
Dp2 beat - longer putts with less fade than my main.
Dp2 - strictly for throwing off the tee,upshot etc. I have a rule about using my 1st 2 putters for anything other than putting.
RDG Scale - overstable driver or when I need a stable putter in heavy winds.

I carry at least 7 putters, 3 molds ~ I throw them as often as possible...if I'm within 290', a putter is coming out.

Right now:
2 Hard Wardens for 45' and in only
1 Prime Warden for soft up shots / turnovers
1 Opto Pure for dead straight...more distance
1 Beat Hard Harp for...just about everything
1 VIP Harp for Hyzer
And another Hard Harp for up shots / backup

One for putting and sometimes another for driving. And I'll never add any more than two. I'm a minimalist. I carry a starter bag occasionally, but usually just a Nutsac. Backpacking or pulling a stroller is not my idea of fun.

MVP Atom soft, x2 for putting
Axiom envy, soft driving/ approach/ hyzer putts around obstacle
Axiom melon proxy, straight or right drift driving
Obsidian splinter g5, max overstable gummy drop dead approach.

Two Wardens and one Suspect "putter":

175g Classic Warden - Putter
175g Fluid Warden - Thrower
168g Fuzion Suspect - FH, BH, Headwind putter and thrower

chains Aviar - circle putts, workhorse
mcPro Aviar - longer putts
star Aviar - unnecessary duplication
pro Nova - anny shots
soft N Envy - most upshots
reg N Envy - to steal shots from my Buzzzes.

If course conditions warrant it, I'll throw in a spare DX Aviar for risk-of-loss shots.

None, I have no putters in my bag. Guess that's why I'm not very good.

None, I have no putters in my bag. Guess that's why I'm not very good.

No, you can do just fine with a mid... Some people advocate one-disc rounds with the Mako of Mako3. IMHO the Colt is on the line between putter and slow mid.

Eventually, you'll find a speed 3 or less disc you like for your putting needs.

2 Fluid Judges ( One main, one backup/night play)
XT Nova ( Anny putts)
Champion Birdie ( Turbo Putts)
RDG Scale ( Wind putter, may be replaced with Star Cro already in bag)
Blowfly ( Long puts that need to sit, plus it fits nicely inside the Condor)

Shiggles putters:
Champion Zephyr ( I pull this out to show off)

I carry a mess of P2s. 2: p-p2 for putting, D-p2: turnover drives, 2: s-p2 various straight/hyzer/windy drives.

4 at the moment. 3 challengers and a proline breaker. One ti chally, one D for putting only, another D for practice putting and throwing.

Lol from 5-6, down to 4 recently, and now all the way down to 3 at the moment. I guess I'm dialing in with the 3 I really like right now. Two worn D Challengers, one for putting only, one for throwing and practice putts. One pretty new Pro Breaker which is pretty fast, overstable, stiff, and durable. I've used my D Challenger and Pro Breaker for almost every upshot and a lot of drives for a while now, they're perfect.

After a LOT of tinkering, I currently have it down to two:

-Record Judge for in the circle
-Blend Judge for off the tee, approaches, and putts outside the circle. It just glides more.

I may toss an overstable beefy putter back in at some point - Harp, Breaker, something like that - but I've just been powering down my utility driver for any overstable putter shots and that's been working well to keep my molds to a minimum.

4x rhyno

1x DX putting

1x DX beat long putts

1x pro beat driving/upshots

1x champion utility/drives/flicks

Pretty much my set up but I use a DX XD for long putts, mainly jump and step throughs. Also a pro Pig for head wind putts. Just seems to resist rising better than the Rhynos.

For rounds, just 2.

For longer approaches, I have an Envy, which may be my favorite disc to throw ever. It is so sweet and controllable. I plan on getting a few more in the future. Awesome approach disc.

For actual putting and shorter approaches, an SSS Wizard. I love the feel of this disc. It's nice and grippy but not super soft and floppy.

For practicing, I have a stack of 10 white KC Pro Aviars that I got for $6 a piece on the Innova factory seconds store. It makes it easy to just go out and throw a couple of hundred putts in a reasonable amount of time. That kind of practice has massively improved my putting over the last couple of months.

Last edited:
Currently 5.

2 stiff eraser wizards for putting.
A SS wizard for most drives
A sss wizard that is getting beat in for understable shots.
And a vip harp I am going to trade in for a scale for OS drives.

About 6 lately.

Two Soft wizards for putting (one is backup).

One eraser Scale (stable tee shots/approaches).

Three fossil Lizards, fresh, broke in, and more beat.

When I use a small bag I'll take just three, one putter, the broke in Lizard, and the scale.

I keep 3 in my bag at all times. Maybe 4 if I count the Lucid Suspect.
XT Colt for putting
DX Polecat drives/approaches
Star Wedge drives/approaches

Depending on the course I will toss in,
C Line P3
DX Classic Roc

putters

6 putters.
4 harps one fresh vip harp for overstable,one beat tourney harp for workable overstable,one very well seasoned medium harp for stable backhand anything and understable sidearm sidearm duty.one fresh bt hard for inside the circle. and a pair of aviars, for long putts and turnover finishing right rhbh. love throwing putters.

6 putters.
4 harps one fresh vip harp for overstable,one beat tourney harp for workable overstable,one very well seasoned medium harp for stable backhand anything and understable sidearm sidearm duty.one fresh bt hard for inside the circle. and a pair of aviars, for long putts and turnover finishing right rhbh. love throwing putters.

This guy nails putts with those harps! Too over stable for me, but watching him gun the basket with them is pretty cool!

Latest posts