• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

makote.jpg

The Mako I have is marked 'MK', not just 'M'. My guess is either you are playing a joke or someone else got one over on you.

The Mako I have is marked 'MK', not just 'M'. My guess is either you are playing a joke or someone else got one over on you.

Same and I was thinking the same thing. Either they got a fast one pulled on them or maybe like someone else said they may have messed up when first writing on the bottom. Mine has *MK on the bottom and no evidence of marking over something else.

I have made two 40 ft birdies in the last week with my mako. I am really liking it as an approach disc.

I held a star mako up to a coyote today, and the only difference is that the mako is just slightly more blunt than the coyote. I've owned coyotes and they are very straight discs, so I really don't know how the mako is different

I held a star mako up to a coyote today, and the only difference is that the mako is just slightly more blunt than the coyote. I've owned coyotes and they are very straight discs, so I really don't know how the mako is different

it is. i have 2 other Coyotes in my bag (Glow and Star) and they all fly different.
the Mako is exactly what it is supposed to be. incredibly straight with little fade. it doesnt flip and has very little fade at the end of its flight

So is it straighter then an old school champ cobra? Does it have a mid feel or a putter feel in your hands?

That doesnt do me any good. Does a Coyote feel like a putter or a mid

It doesnt feel like a Roc if thats what you mean and since mids come in such a variety its hard to say what a midrange should feel like. Id say it feels somewhat like an Aviar P&A so maybe more like a putter.

It has a putter-ish feel for sure. But to whoever said it's like a Comet, to me it feels more comfortable in my hand than a Comet (Got one in a misprint pack and have never throw it because I never liked how it felt). I've yet to try any drives/ longer shots with the Mako, but it's been money for me on approach shots.

innova needs to stop putting a new disc out every second Saturday and start putting out some of there current discs in some different plastics....which they do to an extent but I'd like to see a bit more of that and a little less of them releasing the same discs with different names in same plastics

innova needs to stop putting a new disc out every second Saturday and start putting out some of there current discs in some different plastics....which they do to an extent but I'd like to see a bit more of that and a little less of them releasing the same discs with different names in same plastics

THIS

Agreed

It is similar to a coyote but I think it is much better. There is a bit more first turn resistance and more glide than a coyote (from what I remember of the coyote). I am pleased with the mako it went right into the bag. It does fly a bit farther than I would like for where it is in my bag but the forgiving flight is a beautiful thing. Very easy to throw but I've had only rocs and aviars for approach discs for about 4 years now.

Never did like the coyote but I have been thinking of getting a mako, thanks guys

Rocs and Coyotes are the only mids that I consistently throw and keep in the bag so this was a great buy for me. Like I said before, it's nothing new or special but will work really well into certain peoples bags

Last edited:

Latest posts