• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Watching a couple 'In the Bag' videos today and was surprised to see that both McBeth and Koling carry a Nova.

One, or both, mentioned they loved it for death putts from a distance because it stops so quickly once it hits.

TripleB

Watching a couple 'In the Bag' videos today and was surprised to see that both McBeth and Koling carry a Nova.

One, or both, mentioned they loved it for death putts from a distance because it stops so quickly once it hits.

TripleB

The Nova has been a staple of Paul McBeths bag for a while now, but I didn't realize Kolong was carrying it.

I just remember a video where Paul threw a Nova 350 ft. on a frozen rope and parked it under the basket. Death putt 'from a distance'... Made me feel old... wait, I'm already old....

The Nova has been a staple of Paul McBeths bag for a while now, but I didn't realize Kolong was carrying it.

I just remember a video where Paul threw a Nova 350 ft. on a frozen rope and parked it under the basket. Death putt 'from a distance'... Made me feel old... wait, I'm already old....

Yeah hes the one using it for jump putts/half goes. The throw where I miss it the most.

Bought a Nova a month ago and have been using it in tandem with my staple Challengers. Yesterday I took the Challengers out of the bag and used only the Nova for putting and approaches, and hit the circle with every approach (200' and under) that I had with it. I find that it's actually pretty similar to the Challenger, but has a little less fade and will sit better. It weird to take replace a disc I've been using for 10+ years, but the Nova just has the perfect amount of stability for every imaginable approach and I love the sound it makes.

Last edited:
They should make a Nova-style discs that's a little more overstable to be a combo -

I threw a friends atlas the other day, I wouldn't call it OS. But it was very hss, even handled moderate wind well. I haven't thrown a Nova much, but I think they would pair up.

I threw a friends atlas the other day, I wouldn't call it OS. But it was very hss, even handled moderate wind well. I haven't thrown a Nova much, but I think they would pair up.

Atlas is a true mid and Nova is a true upshot/putter - so this isn't at all what im talking about :p

The Nova gives me the confidence to go for those putts where roll aways are possible , elevated , down hill, etc. a utility putter for me.

There's too many discs that do that for them to make an os nova. However i do think a champ nova would be cool.

There's no disc like that. a Rhyno isn't even close. I use a Element discs Iridium and that's pretty close, but its 2/2/0/2 , im talking a nova that has better HSS and a little more fade. but still with glide and slow. Other OS putters are not what im talking about - just let it go. :\

There's no disc like that. a Rhyno isn't even close. I use a Element discs Iridium and that's pretty close, but its 2/2/0/2 , im talking a nova that has better HSS and a little more fade. but still with glide and slow. Other OS putters are not what im talking about - just let it go. :\

Sounds like a Berg has what you want except for glide maybe. Probably grabbing one next week and I'm hoping for similar.

:| The Nova would still exist so..... I'm asking for the same disc but a version more stable with a lil more finish. :\:doh:

Maybe they could overmold the AviarX3 and see how that would work. Half kidding, but half serious, too. It'd be interesting...

If the Nova is based on the PnA mold, there could be potential for an overmolded beadless Aviar-X mold.

Basically an overmolded P2.

That would probably be a little more OS.

Latest posts