• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it unethical for a disc golf store owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
A disc is just a tool, a means to an end. It's color can be of utility in finding it after it's thrown. Anything up and beyond in terms of sparkle, color or pearly essence does nothing but flatter the owners vanity, and if their are people who are willing to pay for that vanity, there will always be those who can and will profit from it.

To complain that your vanity can't be stroked at base price is ridiculous. It costs money to look good.

The only solution to correct this horrifying injustice is for you to open your own store, sell all your best discs at a price that undercuts the premium this other guy is asking, and take away all his business.

I don't understand why manufacturers don't make "all good stuff"? They certainly know what will be popular. You don't see certain sleeves of production golf balls or tennis balls sold at auction.

... because no one cares if stuff is good. We only care if it's better.

I used to be all whiney about this as well. Then I realized that the price of a disc only affects me if I buy it. This is a business. They are there to make a profit. I as well know exactly what store you are talking about. I don't shop there because the employees, including one that most on here see as some kind of god of form, are extremely rude. But, when it comes to making a profit, they can do that however they need. There are better options available anyways. But to call it unethical or greedy to make a profit is idiotic.

It would be much more ethical if they contacted a certain few local players and let them know when a shipment was going to arrive so I could be the first to see them and purchase them at retail value.

why? who is to say we are any better customers vs someone living where they cannot just swing on by and peep the stock but order religiously online?

Elmex, you really don't like that store. Why don't you just stop going there so your BP stays at a low rate. Lol

Turbine, that would be to simple. Its much better to come here and try to make them look bad. At least I have an actual reason not to like the place. And low and behold, they no longer get my business.

its the only way to actually grow the sport and have tournaments which bring in some $.

I have purchased premium discs from many different places at near cost which is just sad really. That doesn't even include all the junk stock they have sitting there. Take a look at GGGT's latitude GRL stock :| :| latitude offering refunds?!

Then there are companies like DD which #growthesport but then sell **** for less then everyone else including other retailers which they wholesale products to so buyers are more likely to just order from DD directly vs a retailer which they supplied with the product. WTF IS THAT?!

Then you have the biggest disc golf manufacture in the sport thinking it has some business in the retail side of things when there already is very little meat on the bone and they could do much more by just supporting those smaller avenues and DISTRUBUTING products vs retailing limited runs of **** people actually WANT in high demand and creating some false BS secondary market when they have more then the means to fulfill whatever the demands are.

Aim, totally agree. Especially the last part. Many discs I would love from there, just think they should be in retail stores.

its the only way to actually grow the sport and have tournaments which bring in some $.

I have purchased premium discs from many different places at near cost which is just sad really. That doesn't even include all the junk stock they have sitting there. Take a look at GGGT's latitude GRL stock :| :| latitude offering refunds?!

Then there are companies like DD which #growthesport but then sell **** for less then everyone else including other retailers which they wholesale products to so buyers are more likely to just order from DD directly vs a retailer which they supplied with the product. WTF IS THAT?!

Then you have the biggest disc golf manufacture in the sport thinking it has some business in the retail side of things when there already is very little meat on the bone and they could do much more by just supporting those smaller avenues and DISTRUBUTING products vs retailing limited runs of **** people actually WANT in high demand and creating some false BS secondary market when they have more then the means to fulfill whatever the demands are.

Says the biggest supporter of MVP, a company that sells discs for cost to ANYONE (32 disc minimum) lololol.... I almost choked on my cake

Last edited:
well, they don't actually(at one time.. sure you could but duh they were small time lol) and has nothing to do with it. All they do is distribute product and i happily make my $ on them. specially the LE stuff.

WOO MVP! so glad they don't have a retail store :| Do you even know what you are talking about?

Perfect example would the the watermelon craves... I sold them for around $20 preorder (below MSRP) and then DD came out release date with stock proton prices.

THE DISCS NOW PULL $30+ EACH ....... SO DUMB. But i had to deal with BS b/c they decided to undercut everyone else and make no $. Look at the shirts they have listed and then allll the same exact ones they sold to other retailers to sell but are $5+ more. What a ****ing joke.

These businesses need to work TOGETHER not against eachother IMO. If you need another example look at the proto baseline stuff from MVP and how some retailers were SMART CAPITALISTIS others just didn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.