• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Got my "hot pink" opto and other EZEs in today. Initial impressions are good. I really like how they feel in my hand. They are super straight and when I think they are gonna drop they seem to keep on trucking which is nice coming from the wizards. Gonna bag an opto and EZE to putt with and my G9i for OS stuff tomorrow.

Finally got myself an Opto Pure from the marketplace here, it has massive flashing, is that normal? I don't remember handling other Pures that had this much flashing.

I dont think mine has that much if any flashing at all. if it does i havent noticed it

Finally got myself an Opto Pure from the marketplace here, it has massive flashing, is that normal? I don't remember handling other Pures that had this much flashing.

I had some on mine. I can't say it was "massive" flashing. But I don't know what you define as massive either, lol. It was definitely noticeable, though.

Mine had quite a bit originally, but I putted with it for a few rounds and hit a bunch of trees driving with it and now the flashing is pretty much gone.

the parting line will have a ridge around it. it doesn't effect flight at all. you can take. a sharp razor blade to it if you want. or let it go away on its own. a handful of tree hits will do the trick.

not nearly as much flashing as an esp zone i got from gggt. it was 2mm long in places and wavy. like discraft didn't shave it down before packaging.

Looks like I'm a little late to the party! :wall:

I had the opportunity to throw a couple of Pure Optos today and I am impressed. I was really struggling on approaches with my BB Aviars for whatever reasons. I think it was my lack of consistency getting a clean release.

I spent some time just doing 150'-200' approaches today. After I adjusted to the straight flight path, everything was just spot on. The Opto Pure makes a great compliment to my Zones. The shallow depth feels great. As much as I love my Zones, the hard fade made it undesirable in many situations. Into a mild headwind I got a small amount of turn out of the Pure. About what I would expect from such a straight flyer. Normally I would use a Zone into the wind -unless that's what I wanted. Mini Buzzz is an accurate description.

Putting-
I love premium plastic. However, the Opto line did not fair well on my practice basket. Several slipped through or just took awkward bounces out. It felt great in my hand and had a really nice flight so I will try some other plastics to putt with. Very happy I gave this disc a chance. Big Beads will have to watch for a while. :D

I actually went searching for this thread today and was surprised to see someone else had posted recently. :thmbup: It seems like a while ago that everyone was raving on the opto pure. My question for everyone is this:

I recently bought an opto pure in order to try and minimize the number of molds in the bag. I putt with a zero pure. The problem is that my new opto pure has to beat out my eclipse anode for the driving putter slot. Anyone with both have an opinion on which disc to go with? Everyone has had both discs for some time now, so I was wondering about the long term impressions of each.

They're often compared to each other so you should be able to throw either interchangeably. I haven't thrown an Anode but a couple times, but I felt that it had a little more forward fight than the Pure as it slowed.

The feel is the main difference between the Pure and Anode. Pure has the sleek low profile, while the Anode is taller with a curved inner rim. Both have a ton of glide and can handle power, but I can range my Pure a bit better than I could the Anode. Both great discs.

I'm trying to learn the amount of difference in glide between my TM2 pure and my opto pure. The opto goes forever!

i can't comment on the anode, but i certainly can comment on how amazing every single pure is for driving and approach.

i actually use the zero soft for short drives and floaty approaches. provides a great extra grip for short shots and judging the range throwing from standstill. hits and sticks like a bawss. turns late gently with less speed than the zero hard.

my zero hard is only for putting even though it really is a kickass short driver as well. i cannot mar my beautiful pink putter.

i can't stop talking about this disc.

whatever you choose to go with, you'll be alright.

I've thrown the TM2/EZE Pures as well as the RGL. I went out of my way to find flat RGL's while I went through the stacks bc the TM2s I have are very flat and have a very nice flight. The dome on the Opto was scaring me away. Do the Optos fade considerably harder?

In general Pure news I parked a 300 footer with my RGL this weekend. These things handle power so well idk if I even need a Buzzz haha

I've thrown the TM2/EZE Pures as well as the RGL. I went out of my way to find flat RGL's while I went through the stacks bc the TM2s I have are very flat and have a very nice flight. The dome on the Opto was scaring me away. Do the Optos fade considerably harder?

In general Pure news I parked a 300 footer with my RGL this weekend. These things handle power so well idk if I even need a Buzzz haha

Bigger dome on the Optos than the RGLs? Of the dozen RGLs I bought, all of them were thunderdomes. All the Optos I own and have seen have very very slight domes and fly exactly the same as a new TM2 for me.

My gl's are super flat. They can be absolutely crushed... Still not as good as a rhyno though... :D

Bigger dome on the Optos than the RGLs? Of the dozen RGLs I bought, all of them were thunderdomes. All the Optos I own and have seen have very very slight domes and fly exactly the same as a new TM2 for me.

I could only find 2 RGL that were flat enough for me in the color I wanted. As for the Optos they didn't have a big stock at the time, maybe they got a handful of weird ones that were picked over. If they fly generally the same that's all I really care about

Do they fade "considerably" harder? No, I don't think I'd make that claim. Comparatively harder, yes. But that depends on the line with any Opto I've thrown. The higher you go the more S you'll get. Low and snappy still finishes with almost no fade for me.

Latest posts