• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

I saw that lat is making zero medium now. Hopefully it feels like the old zero line. I didn't like how the softs felt

Hey Pure freaks! I've switched over to Zero Medium Pures for putting and upshots and am happy as a clam. And I still love my Opto for driving duties. But I still bag a 400 PA4 for my flippy driving putter duties but would love to swithch over to a Pure. Has anyone ever beaten their Opto Pure into flippy? My year old one still is stable, I'm guessing it would take forever to beat in. Would a RGL or GL Pure beat into understable quickly? I'd use my Zeros but they are way too grippy, I like a driving putter that will slide/skid along the ground.

Hey Pure freaks! I've switched over to Zero Medium Pures for putting and upshots and am happy as a clam. And I still love my Opto for driving duties. But I still bag a 400 PA4 for my flippy driving putter duties but would love to swithch over to a Pure. Has anyone ever beaten their Opto Pure into flippy? My year old one still is stable, I'm guessing it would take forever to beat in. Would a RGL or GL Pure beat into understable quickly? I'd use my Zeros but they are way too grippy, I like a driving putter that will slide/skid along the ground.

I too love driving with my putters. I have had my GL pure for over a year and a half and it's still stable straight like the first day I got it, but I also have 3 of them in rotation. It's strictly used as my driving putter & approach.

My medium zero Pures are strictly for putting. For finesse shots and slow turnover shots, I use my 172g Grip Line Pure that is 3 or 4 years old ( I love that disc).

I hope this helps.

I've got an opto that I got right when they were released. It's not floppy but it will turnover an pan out to flat landing dead straight on a flat throw. My Christmas pure is pretty flippy though....;)

Pick up a rgl spike maybe? It's got the lss to come back though. I'd just stick with the pa4 until lat comes out with something for that slot if it's gotta be trilogy.

I've got an opto that I got right when they were released. It's not floppy but it will turnover an pan out to flat landing dead straight on a flat throw. My Christmas pure is pretty flippy though....;)

Pick up a rgl spike maybe? It's got the lss to come back though. I'd just stick with the pa4 until lat comes out with something for that slot if it's gotta be trilogy.

You should just sell me that christmas pure ;) Since its obviously broken

I prefer the ZHs just based on feel, and fresh, still fly nice and straight. I like to keep 3-4 ZHs in my bag at all times. My two optos just sit in my basket now. Let me know if anyone has truths or teebirds so I can give these opto pures a good home.

So GL and RGL Pures stay stable forever like an Opto? I think all of the baseline are too "grippey" and don't slide on the ground they way I want for a driving putter.

So GL and RGL Pures stay stable forever like an Opto? I think all of the baseline are too "grippey" and don't slide on the ground they way I want for a driving putter.

If you ever get a chance to find a Grip Line Pure jump on it. I have been throwing mine for a while, not as long or as much as my opto, and it is a little less stable and has incredible glide as well. Where my opto finishes between straight and slight 15' left (rhbh) the grip will finish about 10-15' to the right. I wish that they still had grip line plastic, it reminds me of a GL that beats up a little more and, has great grip. Whouda thunk it. :hfive:

I have a zero hard I am beating up for this slot.
it does have more grip than opto, But it's still nothing like med.

I have a zero hard I am beating up for this slot.
it does have more grip than opto, But it's still nothing like med.

I've got some Zero Hards on the way to switch over for the summer (it was 75 degrees at lunchtime today and my black Zero Mediums showed some flex when out in the sun) so I will give one a try. That darn Opto just doesn't beat in at all (which is wonderful and terrible at the same time).

Felt one of the Opto Pure's the other day and really liked the feel of it. I have a hard time finding a comfortable grip when driving with putters and like the shallow rim on it. Any difference in flight between the recycled and the opto?

recycled are domey and just different flying IMO. if its a flatter opto pure its a winner. Recycled domey will have more exaggerated flight from fresh to beat whether it be talking about the fade or turn while flatter opto pures define "stable" really.

recycled are domey and just different flying IMO. if its a flatter opto pure its a winner. Recycled domey will have more exaggerated flight from fresh to beat whether it be talking about the fade or turn while flatter opto pures define "stable" really.

yeah the recycled domey pures have slower flight, stall, and fade at the end. I like em best for long approach shots, but i rarely carry one. I do know some guys that putt exclussively with the RGLs. They get pretty grippy after a few months.

I like my Opto Pure a lot for driving off the Tee, especially when I want a little more speed and skip at the end of the flight. If I want it to stick I use my Black Zero Lines.

yeah the recycled domey pures have slower flight, stall, and fade at the end. I like em best for long approach shots, but i rarely carry one. I do know some guys that putt exclussively with the RGLs. They get pretty grippy after a few months.

I wondered about that coating if it was like the old GRIP line where it was slick as snot and shinny as glass when new but became rubbery goodness.

I sent off a river that had been used and felt like a really nice pro-ish blend so can see that for sure.

First ace ever last night with a blue opto pure! I love this disc :thmbup:

Latest posts