• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Teebird, FD, Shryke. Not Blowfly level of floppy. More like a Z FLX or Lat64 Snowline.

My only Z FLX experience is with a Zone, but I could feel it flex in my hand while I was snapping it. The TeeBirds, Roc3s, and Destros might flex under pressure, but they at least maintain their shape mid-throw, even in the summer. Sounds like I should be glad I bought the runs I did.

My only Z FLX experience is with a Zone, but I could feel it flex in my hand while I was snapping it. The TeeBirds, Roc3s, and Destros might flex under pressure, but they at least maintain their shape mid-throw, even in the summer. Sounds like I should be glad I bought the runs I did.

Yeah, Innova runs can feel so different from each other. As an example, usually I dislike Champ plastic, but a buddy picked up a C-Line FD that feels perfect in the hand. It feels a lot like Opto or Lucid. Meanwhile my Champ PDx is slick as snot and way too firm for my liking.

And admittedly, I don't bag a lot of G* (right now only a Shryke) but it does feel a lot like Z FLX to me. On the other hand Trilogy premiums straddle that middle ground perfectly for my tastes -- enough give to dig your thumb in, but not so much that it feels like it comes out of the hand on a different plane; enough grip to hold up in humidity but not so much that I griplock. That's why most of my bag is Trilogy and why I typically give them first shot for a slot. The Innova and Discmania molds I bag are because I found the mold superior enough to offset the relative lack of consistency in hand feel and flight from run to run.

I would like to get my paws on one with the US release. But damn that's a hefty price tag for plastic. Might have to let it pass.

I've always been a fan of pures but Opto pures feel bulkier than base plastic pures. I ordered a couple of these hoping they would be lower profile/flatter like base plastic. We will see though.

That's strange. I love Opto pures. I have a stack of about 10, new and old runs, and they all feel more or less similar to base plastic pures to me. All nice and board flat.

Gold line and Recycled are domey and nasty and feel wrong, though.

Hopefully these fit the bill for you... And hey, if you don't wind up liking 'em I might take em off your hands.

I was able to order an opto-x today just before they sold out. Pink was the only choice. Are they going to run more and/or ship to any online retailers?

Not that I know of. From what Lat posted, 2000 were for EU last week, 3000 for NA this week.

I actually caved and bought 2 myself (aqua and pearl). I tried to get a purple but they sold out and they called and asked me which other color I would want.

A little rich for my blood normally, but I always have 4 pures in my bag at any given time (2 zero hard for putting, 2 optos for driving) and I really wanted a pair of opto-X. so... I did it.

Received my 10 year Pures.

These are.... absolutely beautiful. And all of mine are board flat, zero flashing, plastic feels great. One is going straight in the bag!

Last edited:
Yep it's nice. I've been tinkering with my upshot putter slots and trying to drive with putters more often. Looking forward to throwing this tomorrow. Also bagging a new Diamond Chief and Jawbreaker Challenger OS for comparison.

Anyone finding these 10yr pures really glidey? I've been blowing past the basket a lot and I don't recall my old Opto doing that. I love it though, so easy to throw straight and it's probably my favorite driving putter ever. The plastic feels perfect too.

To be 100% honest they feel and fly like all of my opto pures, which is to say... great.

That being said, they are not any more stable than a normal opto pure, which is what opto-x is suppose to offer, so that's a little disappointing.

oh well, they are gorgeous plastic that feels great and flies like any good opto pure, so I'm happy with them. I was really hoping they would live up to the opto-x name and be the slightly more stable complement to my pair of opto driving pures I already bag.

I've been struggling to get my putters to spin on the long putts. When I practice with mids, they spin fine.. . I should try a lower profile putter.
I tried to break my old D zones in for 10 years,but they're still OS like zones. That is the conclusion of my 10 year experiment. So what I want is a putter that feels like a zone and flies like my voodoo. The pure?

seayhorse, I carry a Zone in Jawbreaker and I have paired it with a Lat 64 Spike in med soft. They feel very similar to one another, and the Spike is a putter that glides well and fades late at putting speeds.

I've been struggling to get my putters to spin on the long putts. When I practice with mids, they spin fine.. . I should try a lower profile putter.
I tried to break my old D zones in for 10 years,but they're still OS like zones. That is the conclusion of my 10 year experiment. So what I want is a putter that feels like a zone and flies like my voodoo. The pure?

The angled rim of the pure is probably closer than most to the zone, but the zone rim is more substantial, as you'd expect from a putter-mid tweeter. I can't speak to the aforementioned spike, but I would assume there are others. Pure feels more shallow than a voodoo, but generally fly straight to slightly US depending on plastic type, with a very soft fade. I do enjoy that my pures, mvp particles, zones, and m4's all share similar rim shapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool thanks
I bought a pure in retro plastic. This may be the ticket. It's straight off the tee and a putts well for me, especially the long straight lines. Almost no fade, so it's very like what I think I want - low profile zone-like feel with a not-OS flight. Now let's see if it lowers my scores!

Hoping to hear some feedback on this one. I bought an opto pure (174g) to have as a nice approach putter/off the tee putter due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews that I have read, but I've had a very difference experience...

It's odd, because I really like the feel of the plastic and the size and shape of the rim that fit my smaller hands well. But man, I can't get this thing to fly right. I've given it a couple of rounds and a little time in the practice field and I can't get anything consistent. This disc wants to turn right and is very stubborn about it. Even when I put a little hyzer on it, it'll pop up straight but then dive back to the right. I understand it's a little US at -1, but all the reviews I've read don't indicate that its THAT understable. It's fighting me to the right like a -2. At least I like how the disc wants to really sit down at the end of it's flight though lol, that's a positive at least.

I even wonder if I got a bad disc. Does Latitude 64 have consistency issues? I'm newer (~1 year) to the sport, so I don't know companies like others here do. Obviously, USER ERROR is the first thing I've considered, but after a while of throwing I'm still not grasping what this disc is wanting to do. What it's doing is not what I've been hearing from others.

Thanks

Hoping to hear some feedback on this one. I bought an opto pure (174g) to have as a nice approach putter/off the tee putter due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews that I have read, but I've had a very difference experience...

It's odd, because I really like the feel of the plastic and the size and shape of the rim that fit my smaller hands well. But man, I can't get this thing to fly right. I've given it a couple of rounds and a little time in the practice field and I can't get anything consistent. This disc wants to turn right and is very stubborn about it. Even when I put a little hyzer on it, it'll pop up straight but then dive back to the right. I understand it's a little US at -1, but all the reviews I've read don't indicate that its THAT understable. It's fighting me to the right like a -2. At least I like how the disc wants to really sit down at the end of it's flight though lol, that's a positive at least.

I even wonder if I got a bad disc. Does Latitude 64 have consistency issues? I'm newer (~1 year) to the sport, so I don't know companies like others here do. Obviously, USER ERROR is the first thing I've considered, but after a while of throwing I'm still not grasping what this disc is wanting to do. What it's doing is not what I've been hearing from others.

Thanks

Lat64 is a pretty consistent disc manufacturer, especially when it comes to their putters and mids. It seems very unlikely that you would have gotten an abnormal Pure.

Are you able to throw other putters straight, or is this your first experience with trying to drive with a slow disc? Keep in mind that putters want to fly differently than drivers, or even midranges. Putters like to fly with a bit more height and they are extremely susceptible to off axis torque (OAT). So even if your reachback and follow through are on a hyzer angle, if you flip your wrist at release you are dooming your putter to turnover. A good way to check is to see if your hand is facing upward on your follow through. If so, then then you're torquing the disc over. Try to keep your palm facing horizontal at the hit/release.

Lat64 is a pretty consistent disc manufacturer, especially when it comes to their putters and mids. It seems very unlikely that you would have gotten an abnormal Pure.

Are you able to throw other putters straight, or is this your first experience with trying to drive with a slow disc? Keep in mind that putters want to fly differently than drivers, or even midranges. Putters like to fly with a bit more height and they are extremely susceptible to off axis torque (OAT). So even if your reachback and follow through are on a hyzer angle, if you flip your wrist at release you are dooming your putter to turnover. A good way to check is to see if your hand is facing upward on your follow through. If so, then then you're torquing the disc over. Try to keep your palm facing horizontal at the hit/release.

that's really helpful, i'll definitely try that and give it a shot. I toss an axiom envy for a lot of approach shots that I really love. Paige pierce's new putter has been a great US putter to toss. I don't throw a ton of putters, but it's not a foreign element to my game.

i'll give what you said a shot and let you know. thank you!

That sounds more broken in Zero than Opto, which I think is more HSS than a Proxy.

GL is my favorite Pure plastic, it beats in at a slow but perceptible pace. I'd try another before giving up on the mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts