• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jonesboro Open - April 13-16 DGPT Pro / AM

Just my opinion. I understand the need for the on pitch marketing, but the elevated tube baskets are not to my liking. The sound of a disc hitting the chains is quite nice. The sound of a disc hitting that tube is annoying.

Actually, making the tube a bit taller so it ascends maybe 6 inches above the basket rim would be an easy way to test a smaller target zone height versus narrower width like the Marksman.

Actually, making the tube a bit taller so it ascends maybe 6 inches above the basket rim would be an easy way to test a smaller target zone height versus narrower width like the Marksman.

Interesting observation. Thanks Chuck

Thank Headrick Jomez is there.

Jomez is awesome to have there, he does a great job. I sure hope you are a Patreon supporter of his. He deserves it.

And we are glad that people can watch us live to see that Ricky stayed in the lead after this round. Tomorrow's lead card will be the same and it is a good one.

Ladies Live scoring is up. The wind is finally starting to blow like it normally does in spring. Low scores should be a little tougher today...

Just my opinion. I understand the need for the on pitch marketing, but the elevated tube baskets are not to my liking. The sound of a disc hitting the chains is quite nice. The sound of a disc hitting that tube is annoying.

Gotta disagree, I like the tubes on the elevated baskets. Definitely makes the holes harder for the pros.

Of course, one day some of these pros are going to figure out they can fire at the tube from 100-150 feet out then take the tap-in on the next throw.

The Jomez videos with the "BigGerman" (BigJerm/Lizotte) narration is up. No disrespect to Prodigy intended, but after watching their uncommented videos, the commentaries from Big Jerm, Simon, Nate Sexton, and McBeast are all the more appreciated in helping us to understand the course and what's going on during play.

I'm not sure the tubes make any difference at all in how the holes play. I do think they make the elevated baskets look better than if it was just a bare pole (or those tripod devices they use at the Memorial). As a sponsor/advertising opportunity, I think they're genius.

Gotta disagree, I like the tubes on the elevated baskets. Definitely makes the holes harder for the pros.

Of course, one day some of these pros are going to figure out they can fire at the tube from 100-150 feet out then take the tap-in on the next throw.

Is it the elevated basket or the tube? I don't see how the tube would matter one way or the other? A pro might run at that tube, using it as a backstop, but I wouldn't. :D

Not a big fan of the tube or the warning flags that mark the circles. Aesthetically it looks kind of trailer parkish. The flags make the green look like a construction zone. I know the flags help out media coverage but if done right i believe wiskers look better then warning flags. The good news is that the DGPT is always trying new things.

Looking foward to day three-- Ricky is a machine; Simon is always testing the learning curve; Big Germ and that smooth sidearm are never out of it; and JohnE can make things exciting one way or another.

I would think spraying dashes of paint at the right distances would be more efficient and just as functional for players versus adding and removing flags to mark C1 and C2. Maybe just use flags when parts of C1 and/or C2 are located high grass or wooded sections.

Tube look so much better than bare pole. I agree that the flags look out of place. I think the distance stakes are a nifty idea.

You might see distance stakes more often but many courses have alternate pin placements making distance markers more complicated. Also, course owners are more likely to prefer flagstone markers flush with the ground for easier mowing.

I'm not sure the tubes make any difference at all in how the holes play. I do think they make the elevated baskets look better than if it was just a bare pole (or those tripod devices they use at the Memorial). As a sponsor/advertising opportunity, I think they're genius.

There is a big vertical fan in there. It's set to suck discs in for Ricky, and blow them out for everyone else. Apparently.

Just now getting around to watching Rd 1 videos from this...Peter McBride's 2nd shot on Hole 2, so smooth...love his approach game.