• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jonesboro Open - April 13-16 DGPT Pro / AM

LetsPlayGolf

Par Member
Howdy folks-

My name is Brad Pietz and I am the TD for the Pro Side of the Jonesboro Open. I would like to invite everyone to come either play or watch as we welcome some of the best players in the world to our little piece of Heaven.

Some 'Did you knows' for you:

Did you know that the Jonesboro Open in Jonesboro, Arkansas is very close to the Mean Population Center of the USA? Chances are, you are a lot closer to Jonesboro than you realize. There is a reason FedEx is located just 60 miles away in Memphis.

Did you know that the property the courses sit on is a family farm that has been in the family for nearly 100 years? There are no buildings, no sidewalks, no light poles, no cart paths, no roads, no playground equipment or picnic pavilions. Just 80 acres of pure Arkansas country side that basically has never been touched by machines other than hay balers. It is now disc golf, and only disc golf. Multiple trees - that if not over 100 years old they are real close - pepper the entire property.

Did you know that the AM side of the tournament was built so you can watch ALL of the action? The Pros will play Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with tee times. The AM side first round is at 2:00 on Friday, then 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday. You get to play 3 rounds of golf AND you can watch almost all of the top cards play in person.

Did you know this course hosts one of the largest college qualifiers each year for the National Championship? In 2015 we hosted 13 different teams from 11 universities and 7 different states.

Did you know the Championship Course is one of the longest permanent courses in the world? When it opened in 2013 it measured out to 10,469 feet Par 70. For the DGPT five holes have been reworked and it will play 9,840 feet Par 64 in April.

There are several places out there with information. The easiest place to get to all of it is right here: http://discsideofheaven.com/tournament.html

Over the next 30 days we will add more information there as well as the Facebook page. I just wanted to come here and invite everyone to come be a part of it. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Brad

I'm already signed up for the Am side. Can't wait to both participate and get to see some of the best players in the world in my home state!

Any discussion as to why there's no live feed for today's round? was looking forward to DG on TV again. Guess I'll have to wait for a Good Friday broadcast

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2017/04/13/jonesboro-open-leap-faith-players-pro-tour/

Thought this was a cool article from ultiworld-discgolf that helped set the stage for this event. Course looks excellent, and I'm rooting for this event to be a huge success. This isn't a ball golf course converted into a disc golf course, but a beautiful tract of land designed specifically for disc golf. I could see this event taking off and becoming a big deal for years to come.

Anyone filming for edited coverage?

How To Follow

The Jonesboro Open live broadcast schedule deviates a bit from prior Disc Golf Pro Tour events. While the event itself kicks off today, the first live streaming will begin with round two on Friday. SmashboxxTV and the Disc Golf Pro Tour YouTube channel will syndicate the action at 4:00 p.m. EDT on Friday and Saturday, with final round coverage moving up to 2:30 p.m. EDT.

Jomez Productions and Prodigy Disc Video will be providing post-produced coverage for all rounds of the tournament — Jomez will have the round one card featuring Eads, Jeremy Koling, Simon Lizotte, and Ricky Wysocki — with live scoring and statistics available at UDisc Live.

Let me begin by saying I really hope this goes well. Having read the Ultiworld article, thanks Steve, you see some possible issues with inexperience. But, the effort in marketing and managing of the event and the effort by Brad overall, really makes me want to root for this. Sweet course.

This course looks SICK! Cannot wait to see the coverage. Hole 16 should be quite interesting risk reward

Since it's the first ever pro tour stop in my home state, I'm REALLY hoping it goes well! I'm going up tomorrow to play in the am side tournament and then spend the rest of the day watching the pros throw. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Correction on that last post. That is for rounds 2-4 (not 1-3).

Thanks.

Let me begin by saying I really hope this goes well. Having read the Ultiworld article, thanks Steve, you see some possible issues with inexperience. But, the effort in marketing and managing of the event and the effort by Brad overall, really makes me want to root for this. Sweet course.

Thanks to everyone who read it. I said this on our podcast this week, but I will also say it here: I wasn't terribly excited for this event until talking to Brad. But learning more about him, and the efforts he has been putting in to pushing the tournament locally, really turned the tide for me personally. Put me in the camp that's rooting for its success, as well. Hopefully it can provide somewhat of a road map for marketing future events.

Also it looks like Jerm has kept the heater from the final round of Texas State rolling. 10-down through 13, already with a share of the lead.

Yeah, really nice looking course, and it seems to film well, also. Looking forward to the live feed this afternoon.

Latest posts