• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

least favorite disc IN your bag?

Star San Marino Roc, can't do anything I want with it. Love the KC Pro Roc, it flies fine. Just can't get a handle on the San Marino though.

100 Meter Lazer. I only have in the bag for overhead shots over trouble because it will always flop over and stop. I never throw it in any normal way. Whenever I need room in the bag for some reason it is the first disc out. It is in lately because I have room. I use to carry a 10 Meter Brick for certain specialy situations but it was taken out because I never trusted it.

I have to say S-PD. I don't have the snap for it. It's only 158g, but it's the most overstable discs I have ever thrown. I keep thinking it will break in to usable for me because of all the PD love I read about here, but I probably don't throw it enough. I keep it in the bag for windy days, when it's at least more predictable than anything else I have, even if it doesn't fly very far.

Also have a recycled line Pure that has dome and some turn. Was hoping it would fly like a fresh zero hard and stay that way. Guess I need an opto. I use it just for playing catch to warm up, it doesn't do anything for me on the course.

My 175 Champion Roadrunner is my least favorite disc in my bag. I only use it for rollers so it only comes outta my bag for one shot every few rounds. I have no need for it backhand or forehand because I have other discs that have similar actions but I know and trust those other discs more.

An x-out Champ Wraith I picked up recently. It had a profile similar to every champ Wraith I have ever throw but it is crazy overstable. So overstable that I have trouble throwing it as far as my Rocs. I kept it in the bag thinking there is probably a use for it or maybe I can beat it in to useful...nope. At one point I threw it at a wall for 15 minutes full power and it didn't affect the stability at all. This thread just helped me make the decision to move on, thanks.

I have something similar in star plastic. Save it for into high wind or a mid range meat hook. I leave mine in the trunk unless it's really windy or I know of at least one hole where it can be useful off the tee. Sometimes there is just no other way to park certain holes.

I have to say S-PD. I don't have the snap for it. It's only 158g, but it's the most overstable discs I have ever thrown. I keep thinking it will break in to usable for me because of all the PD love I read about here, but I probably don't throw it enough. I keep it in the bag for windy days, when it's at least more predictable than anything else I have, even if it doesn't fly very far.
Sounds like you may have accidentally picked up a test configuration PD. I had the exact same thing happen to me... I would throw the thing and it would just start fading immediately out of my hand and had ZERO glide. I almost swore off PD's entirely because of that first impression, but a friend picked one up and when he was throwing it further than me on straighter lines, I asked him if I could throw it to compare. Sure enough, it was exactly how I THOUGHT the PD should have flown for me.

Try to find someone that throws PD's and see if they all fly the same for you. You could also check out a P-PD. Afaik none of those were made in test configuration and all have pretty good glide.

It's probably been never since I could say that I don't have a least favorite in my current bag. I look forward to throwing every single disc I carry when I get the opportunity.

my black classic hard judge. way too stiff for putting and flies a lot more overstable than my softs. it flies great off the tee, but with it being black I have a hard time getting myself to use it there at all. looking forward to swapping in some classic blend judges for both putting and throwing.

I would say the disc in my bag that is the least favorate is the saint. I have a stag that is almost identical but not exact to it. i might be taking the saint out of my bag for a little bit.

Me too. . I believe the Saint fights the wind a little better than the Stag.
I like the Stag (Tourney/Vip) combo.

prodigy d1
i have no idea why i carry it, keep waiting for it to fly right but it's just a glideless turd

prodigy seems to be like Gateway and suffer badly from the lack of glide.

the only good D1s were the protos.

I guess it's my DGA Breaker. I don't dislike it, but I bought it after I lost my Zone. #1 it's NOT a Zone and #2 I'm still getting used to it I guess. I've made a few good "into the wind" putts with it and it held up, but so far it hasn't "gotten me out of trouble" like the Zone did. Time will tell.

kind of an odd post/question...but at the same time interesting.

I'd say my Drone....I like it, but I dont use it as much as I should to get to know it...so i often F it up.
That or the Rogue, because I used to power it and it would barely flip over, now i turn the **** out of it.
just stuff to adjust, GREAT DISCS, just me

Xcaliber in Echostar.

It's too beaten in. It flies almost like my fresh champ Wraith now, and nothing like the fresher Champion Xcaliber. I need to work a new one into the slot between those 2 discs.

Star Wraith. Spent some time in a pond and it's weirdly over stable. I carry it for water holes mostly now.

Wahoo. It's just way to high-speed for my old noodle arm to get to go straight. Picked it up used at a PIAS for something like $5 so at least I'm not out much.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative in a floating distance driver for an older guy with slow arm syndrome?

My medium summit. I love the ways it flies, but it is the color of dead grass. It can disappear when it is in the middle of the fairway or right below the basket. I need to get another one, but I just have not gotten around to it yet.