• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing Plastic

Just lost my second disc ever a few hours ago. Sure, it was just a DX Leopard, but it was the first disc I ever bought and it was beat in just right. What sucks is that it only went 50 feet or so when it hit a tree, but it landed straight down into a thicket of thorny plants. I'm all cut up from looking for it.

Oh that sucks... you know it's there. And it still eludes you. I hate that.

I've lost two since I started this summer. Both at Buckhorn. One was a griplock, straight shot into the water (height of the vegetation season...no way to get...well, I wasn't gonna go in there for it. Someone else surely has by now. Second was just a poor decision and shot selection over the scum pond. 30 does seem to be pretty high though...narrow down to what holes it happens on. And play more controlled, or buy used plastic...

scum is a nice word for that pond, i hear they have more disc divers than players there

Oh that sucks... you know it's there. And it still eludes you. I hate that.

Yeah, I went to Play-It-Again Sports after to see if I could replace it with a Champ Leopard. They didn't have any, but I scored an ESP Surge and Z Crush for five bucks a pop used. So I'm not sure how I feel about today.:confused:

scum is a nice word for that pond, i hear they have more disc divers than players there
Y'know, I hear that too, but I've yet to see any. But many claim that if you leave a disc in the water for more than a few weeks, someone will have it.
And yes, that pond is the grossest thing ever. I threw [the same disc that vanished last week] over it one day, and the disc hit a tree, fell, and rolled in. So it was maybe a foot from the edge of the water. Under, probably, 6 inches of water. Couldn't see the damn thing at all, and it's bright orange. Had to take a stick, and rake the edge till my disc popped up to where I could see it...eeeeeeewwwwww.:thmbdown:

ive been there 4-5 times and ive seen a guy in waders with a sack full in the lot, i was in rocky mount sports plex and saw some guys raking and they said they were just over at buckhorn and didnt get any because there are so many divers there... so basically ive actually only seen one guy myself

I feel your pain, in the past week i have lost 4 discs, 2 on the same hole. I really don't care about my found, un-inked, z wildcat sitting on the bottom of a lake, but i do miss my star monster... Great hyzer disc, i looked for 45 mins in a swamp after a tree tipped it far left OB. I also left my banger in the basket today, more a dumb move by me and that whats killing me. Whats worse is when your dumb duck friend's only response is "Dont suck and you wont lose discs...." i average 3 shots lower then him at our local course, i need new people to play with...

Funny, though, about the cost of premium plastic. While I did loose my share of Star (one of them on the first throw) a KC Pro Whippet, and two Champ Tie dyes, the one that had me the maddest was a DX Roc...an amazing well-seasoned turnover disc. Took 6 months of careful tree hits and rock skips and dirt landings and grassy field polishing to get it that way...

i would be so pissed if I lost my go-to beat in dx roc...i feel your pain.

I lost a star wraith on its first throw..very sad.