• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Model Golfer

Jay Dub - I lost sleep the night I saw that and have been trying to forget about it ever since...
Even the ad must have worked if it kept you up... longer... hopefully not more than 4 hours... :p

Gentlemen, Ladies and boys-

Thank you for all of your supporting words and encouragement. Instead of making me feel like an outsider, you've welcomed me into your awesome world.

Despite what I'm wearing and how serious you take me on a superficial level, you can't ignore my list of wins.

1st Place- Crockett Ice Bowl, TN 2/2012- Adv. Women
1st Place- Perkerson Park Open, GA 2/2012- Rec. Women
1st Place- The Woods of Bowling Green, KY 3/2012- Int. Women
1st Place- Charger Stampede II, AL 3/2012- Int. Women
1st Place- Wisconsin Spring Opener, WI 3/2012 Int. Women
4th Place- Am Championships of Bowling Green, KY 4/2012- Adv. Women
1st Place- CrossTown Open IV, TN 4/2012- Adv. Women
1st Place- Glass Blown Open, KS 4/2012- Int. Women
1st Place- Baraboo Open, WI 4/2012- Int. Women
2nd Place- Standing Rocks Open, 4/2012-Adv. Women
1st Place- MN Amateur Disc Golf Championships, 5/2012-Adv. Women
2nd Place- Greater Milwaukee Open, WI 5/2012-Pro. Women
1st Place- Greater Milwaukee Open, WI 5/2012- Adv. Women
1st Place-G&L Clothing Challenge, IA 5/2012- Adv. Women

Yar!
Holly Finley

BAGGER! ;)

It's not a matter of coordinating outfits since my outfit typically is color coordinated as well. But someone who shows up to a tournament with bright red lipstick and has to change her bag between days to match her next outfit seems like she's there to pick up a date rather than play a "serious" sport. I'm all for more women in the sport, but as soon as some "hot" chick starts playing, every guy bends over backward for them. Where's the hype for the mediocre looking, good female disc golfers?

She offers something new and radically different than what we are used to (not that there aren't some very attractive women already playing).
But she is a fashion model for Christ's sake. This is not taking it to the next level.. this skips a few levels. Naturally, a girl of her "caliber" is going to get a bunch of dudes hyped up!

It's not a matter of coordinating outfits since my outfit typically is color coordinated as well. But someone who shows up to a tournament with bright red lipstick and has to change her bag between days to match her next outfit seems like she's there to pick up a date rather than play a "serious" sport. I'm all for more women in the sport, but as soon as some "hot" chick starts playing, every guy bends over backward for them. Where's the hype for the mediocre looking, good female disc golfers?

Is there something wrong with color coordination??? Look good, feel good, play with confidence. :thmbup: for Holly.

By "look good" I mean the way you present yourself. Whether you are a super model or not doesn't make one difference if you present yourself in a way that exudes confidence on the course.

Great point! Maybe she plays better if she coordinates. That really makes sense. It's been proven (I think) that when a person feels comfortable about their appearance, they are more confident and thus perform better (whether on the course or in the boardroom).

I would imagine that a fashion model has very high standards for her appearance. Let the girl do her thing!

Is there something wrong with color coordination??? Look good, feel good, play with confidence. :thmbup: for Holly.

She offers something new and radically different than what we are used to (not that there aren't some very attractive women already playing).
But she is a fashion model for Christ's sake. This is not taking it to the next level.. this skips a few levels. Naturally, a girl of her "caliber" is going to get a bunch of dudes hyped up!

I really think that's what's going on here. Disc Golf in general has a (somewhat) monolithic look and feel to it. Holly breaks that mold ten ways to Sunday, and that's what is so fun about her interest.

If the Queen of England decided she was into NASCAR, it'd be exciting for some and weird others out. Thankfully in our situation, I think the general consensus is a big "welcome!" for Holly!

The fun thing about any lesser-known sport/hobby is the immense unifying power it has. People from all backgrounds, incomes, and lifestyles all share something in common--and that's ultimately what's so cool.

TonyApe is hilarious; A model looking for a date amongst disc golfers. Then he call all other ladies mediocre.

Last edited:
I just want to say something.
Let me preface that I graduated with a BS (Pun intended) in Marketing. While I may have wasted away most of my college years on Miller High Life (and other things), I did pick up a few things.

If one of the major disc manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, promoters, etc. haven't swooped this girl up yet, then they really don't understand Marketing and Promotions.

Set TonyAPE on fire!!! Murder his children! Rape his vegetable garden!!!!

I get what TonyApe is saying. He's right! Yeah its cool that a super model is playing meow and doing well. I just hope the "mediocre looking, good female disc golfers" get the same treatment she does. I can only imagine the "hey, how you doin' " approaches shes had ... Psh what am I saying Ladies love that, Bring on more girls/ladies/women to the sport and I think everyone will be more happy.