• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Most sensitive discs?

But.. thanks for replies guys, now I have some options to choose from when the snow melts down - that may take couple of months though because it's mid-winter here :D

There are sensitive discs.

But if you wanna work on your form nothing beats Comets and putters.

Hyzer flipping is bad form? I think a lot of people would disagree with that.
Not sure if it's bad form, but a sign you are starting to over power a given disc. I did find it easier to get snap on hyzer flips, but the same throw with a more over stable disc would hyzer and not get any glide? Kind of like everything you throw when first learning .All I ever hear people talking about is a " level" release....... A good ,or close to, level release tends to give me s flight pattern that is more true to discs claimed flight ratings. Perhaps my understanding of it all is a bit off. None the less, I found my mako to be a great teacher in the beginning. If you anny it, it will hold. If hyzer, it hyzer and not flip up and go straight. Yes forgiving in the fact that it didn't go a mile either way, but enough feed back to make adjustments and play a round at the same time. I only recently started throwing well enough to have to hyzer flip my mako. May be that the mako has beat in a little after a season of use also.

Not sure if it's bad form, but a sign you are starting to over power a given disc. I did find it easier to get snap on hyzer flips, but the same throw with a more over stable disc would hyzer and not get any glide? Kind of like everything you throw when first learning .All I ever hear people talking about is a " level" release....... A good ,or close to, level release tends to give me s flight pattern that is more true to discs claimed flight ratings. Perhaps my understanding of it all is a bit off. None the less, I found my mako to be a great teacher in the beginning. If you anny it, it will hold. If hyzer, it hyzer and not flip up and go straight. Yes forgiving in the fact that it didn't go a mile either way, but enough feed back to make adjustments and play a round at the same time. I only recently started throwing well enough to have to hyzer flip my mako. May be that the mako has beat in a little after a season of use also.

Generally, hyzer flips give you max distance. It's an advanced technique, so when your still learning its kind of hard to understand how it can help you. But trust me, hyzer flips are the way to go.

So if you have all MVP bag and don't want to buy new discs, would Anode, Axis and Volt/Servo make best learning bag?

Generally, hyzer flips give you max distance. It's an advanced technique, so when your still learning its kind of hard to understand how it can help you. But trust me, hyzer flips are the way to go.

It is my shot of choice anyway, but trying to rip a hyzer flip through a mando seems a bit more difficult to me. I would say I am advanced beginner at this point. It's funny, my earliest throws were close in form, just didn't have enough to get stuff flip up flat. So I bought every under stable disc I could find, leaned back, and pulled across my chest/ neck area. Weak little flex shots. Never felt like I could get power.....slowly started lowering arm in reach back till found the zone that worked. Perhaps another thread....... But that's what I love about its game, still learning, and having fun in the process.

Putters. I've cleaned up my form this year by throwing a Judge when I would've never dreamed of using a putter last year. Mostly thanks to the encouragement of friend. It started out that after a bad shot he would say "Now, throw that Judge." He was right. Now I can throw that same Judge 250'. I think with a slower disc you mentally focus more on your form because you know you have to really hit it right to make the shot. Now I focus on the same things with my drivers and have added a lot of distance this year.

Throw lots of putters. I have 6 MVP Anodes just for practicing all about the same weight. Sometimes I use them for practice inside the circle. Sometimes I take two and play a practice round if I am having trouble with my form.
Understable midranges are great to learn with. Comet sounds like a good recommendation. I also throw the Warship which isn't all that understable, but it is very sensitive to proper form in the tournament plastic I throw it in. I learned a lot from throwing it.
The Diamond is probably one of the best beginner drivers to learn with. It's super sensitive, yet once you learn to throw it you get effortless distance. It helped me to learn how to hyzerflip. I would imagine based on the numbers that the Underworld would be about the same, but I have not thrown it.

Throw lots of putters. I have 6 MVP Anodes just for practicing all about the same weight. Sometimes I use them for practice inside the circle. Sometimes I take two and play a practice round if I am having trouble with my form.
Understable midranges are great to learn with. Comet sounds like a good recommendation. I also throw the Warship which isn't all that understable, but it is very sensitive to proper form in the tournament plastic I throw it in. I learned a lot from throwing it.
The Diamond is probably one of the best beginner drivers to learn with. It's super sensitive, yet once you learn to throw it you get effortless distance. It helped me to learn how to hyzerflip. I would imagine based on the numbers that the Underworld would be about the same, but I have not thrown it.
I recently bought 4 Neutron Anodes for practice. Gonna let them fly this weekend.. :)

Did the putter thing

Last weekend I played my putter more than usual. What I discovered is, i still cheat on approach/midrange shots a little. By cheating, I mean I am still throwing little flex shots around 150 ft. And the putter doesn't flex out, it just keeps going to the right. That's why I am only confortable to around 200 with my mids. Just not throwing them. And the poor form puts Moore stress on elbow and right knee.......I never did dial in the putter that day, but gave my mako a few hyzer flip rips and noticed more potential for that disc I thought I was starting over power. Only over powering on anny flex ......or starting to get discs to hold anny line. Putters larger lip don't feel right in a power grip to me , but I do plan on spending more time driving the putter.

As you progress though your learning techniques a high speed driver that is incredibly nose angle sensitive is the Lat64 Goldline Flow in lighter (166-168) weights. It needs to be in Goldline plastic from what I have found. If you nose this disc up it will stall out faster than any other high speed diver I have ever thrown. If you keep the nose down and stay smooth with your form you can give it 70% power and get it out farther than most drivers thrown at 100%.
Like others have said the River is another great disc that just goes when thrown nose down. The Flow is deffinately a faster River.