• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

Doupie620

Banned
I hear this guy and that guy say the Buzz or Roc is awesome...I happen to think that for versatility, the MS AURORA from Millennium is the BEST midrange on the market...period.

Tried the Roc, meh, big deal.

I have a Buzz, but I use my MS AURORA way more because it can do the same thing and more. I can make this disc do any shot I want. Hyzer, Straight, Anhyzer...you name it, it responds.

I will sit back, have you tear me apart for my convictions...:popcorn:

I would like other MS AURORA owners to speak up though. Did I get a Magic piece of plastic or are you getting the same results?

Is that the millenium plastic one? I had a QMS and I didn't like how sharp the rim was.

I have had a qms in the bag since I started playing. I have also turned a couple others into believers as well. Is your Aurora the newer one with the tiny bead on the bottom?

My first disc was a ms auorora proto. Black and beat. I loved that thing but I retired it to my wall after all the years of not losing it. Good disc for sure

i still have an ms proto in the bag. beat up like booter's. but the plastic is so stiff that it really can't get more beat. definitely a great versatile disc. not quite so speedy and a tad less stable than the buzzz. and definitely one that you can put on many lines. i actually just added it again because my pro d buzzz hit a tree that ruined it. so far i'm not missing the buzzz as much as i expected to.

i just recently got one, a 176 PMS i mean MMS the other day. not sure how i feel about it. i finda like my ontario roc better. its kinda like a slower X Buzzz. i bet an old beat one would be sweet.

Is that the millenium plastic one? I had a QMS and I didn't like how sharp the rim was.

On new QMS's, the rim flashing is not trimmed well. A little sandpaper will take the flashinf off. I might also add that using some sanpaper to get flashing off is perfectly legal, because you are not doing this to change the flight characteristics. If the sandpaper thing offends your sensibilities, use some sidewalk or asphalt to do it.
The QMS flashing will take off some skin if you're not careful.

I am a big QMS fan. Been throwing one for years.
I know this isn't the Marketplace, but...
I have a collection of various Aurora MS's, QMS's and Sirius MS's, some of which I am willing to part with, if anyone is interested.
PM me.

One of those molds that keeps jumping into my bag every now and then. Definitely a good middie. Just watch out for the forbidden fruits of CE QMSes. ;)

A friend of mine let me use her EXP...now thats a disc I can dig on. Felt very gazelley to me.

I've had a few and found them to be very manageable discs. In fact my Sirius MS is what prompted me to purchase a couple of Sirius Polaris's. IMO Millennium discs in general are very good quality and very consistent.

The Aurora MS is a good example of what the philosophy behind Millennium was originally. It's a nice stable mid that is very versatile. It's not overstable or understable, just stable. You can do anything you want with it, but you have to execute the shot. It's a great choice if you only want to carry one mid.

The problem with it from a sales standpoint is that it's good at everything but not great at anything. It's only as good as the person throwing it. I can think of a better disc to use for every shot I'd use the Aurora MS for. Because it's not great at anything it gets overlooked.

It's been the most consistent big anny disc I have had in my bag. I can put it up there in the sky and it glides out like it's not scared of heights.

Diggin up an oldie here. Picked up a gummy QMS today and drove it on a few holes and it seemed to just... sink. Slight headwind, slight tailwind, didn't matter. I was takin a bunch of extra throws during the round, and really liked the lines coming off my hands, but it seemed to drop dead about 40-50' short of what I was expecting. In back to back throws with my straight flattop Roc I parked a 280' hole with the Roc and came up way short with the QMS - as close as I could get to the same throw for both. I was getting more glide out of the semi-concave Suspect I picked up. :confused:

Really like the lines, but disappointed overall. I'll try again with it tomorrow, maybe I just got unlucky wind gusts? ..Every. single. time?

Latest posts