• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

I'm not a huge fan of the really gummy ones. You have to really lay into them; not as effortlessly glidey as a lot of newer mids are. The old CE ones were excellent back in the day.

The gummies need to be broken in a little first. They fly like turds until the flashing is gone. After some use they pick up lots of glide.

There also seems to be some (a lot actually) gummy flashing on this gummy disc. I don't know if that's normal for the mold or would kill the stability, though it's not at all present on my DX Stingray, which should have and, indeed, appears to have the same rim. I'll throw it tomorrow and if it's still dragging ass through the sky I'll deflash it.

I got curious about the QMS because I like Stingrays for my understable slot, and frankenmolds are a nice way to cover a lot of shots and still maintain a sense of mold reduction, since they feel similar.

I've got a stack of stable straight CE QMSs and several AMS I picked up from DiscJunkie in hopes of finding a beat in turnover flier. The ce qms in my bag is a stable straight flier and overlaps greatly with my buzzz for stable straight lines but the qms does not fade. As buzzzes season, I've bagged x,esp, and z, they develop some lateral turn and maintain some degree of fade where the qms will season to turnover but maintain that tight turned line which is very useful especially in the woods. A seasoned dx roc will hit those stable straight lines but my ce will maintain those flights in the woods long after the dx roc is a flippy barrel roller. I also like the qms for approaches as it powers down very well on standstill lines similar to my putters but 10-20% further and at 180g its a lot more resistant to the wind without much more fade.

I've got a gummy qms and it started a lot more stable than it quickly beat into. It didn't glide as well at first but soon started into that stable straight flight I was expecting. I pulled it after it started to get stable as I was hoping it would maintain that original slightly os flight. Oh well, my z buzzz has something to do.

First run SMS and a M Aurora MS. Both Ontario. Would love some info

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405562539078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405562539078.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 54
First run SMS and a M Aurora MS. Both Ontario. Would love some info

I'm betting those will be super straight. Think Comet flight lines without a bead.

I've got a couple Aurora MSs that I use for water shot turnovers where I don't want to throw my CE QMSs over. That yellow MS looks in better condition than my well seasoned yellow MSs but after all the abuse mine are still stable so that with only a few degrees of hyzer they will flip to flat with no fade about 10-15' shorter than my worn Z Buzzz where the Z Buzzz always fades some. With 20-30' height and a few degrees anny my beat MSs with 250' of power will flex enough to land flat. Over 250' power and they'll ride whatever line to the ground and stick. A beat DX roc will cover the same lines but the MS's plastic (aka Innova's Pro plastic) will last 3-4 times longer in the woods. Sirius is Innova's Star plastic.

I'm betting those will be super straight. Think Comet flight lines without a bead.

I've got a couple Aurora MSs that I use for water shot turnovers where I don't want to throw my CE QMSs over. That yellow MS looks in better condition than my well seasoned yellow MSs but after all the abuse mine are still stable so that with only a few degrees of hyzer they will flip to flat with no fade about 10-15' shorter than my worn Z Buzzz where the Z Buzzz always fades some. With 20-30' height and a few degrees anny my beat MSs with 250' of power will flex enough to land flat. Over 250' power and they'll ride whatever line to the ground and stick. A beat DX roc will cover the same lines but the MS's plastic (aka Innova's Pro plastic) will last 3-4 times longer in the woods. Sirius is Innova's Star plastic.

Nice! Yeah, I threw around the SAMS last night over the MAMS and I was shocked at just how straight it went. Threw it on a flat release and it just turned slightly then straightened and finished that way.

Also used it for a couple of hyzer shots and it held beautifully. Definitely will keep them around for testing.

I had a quite stiff older QMS. I really regret trading/selling it. Excellent for turnovers and flips. The flashing was pretty intense though.

What's the word on the newer runs of QMSs or Sparkle QMSs? How they flying?

I've heard the Sparkles are a bit more stable but I haven't thrown them personally. Been thinking about picking one up though.

They are much more stable. I have two that I am trying to break in but it's going to take awhile.

At 250 feet, they have a gradual hyzer flight and no glide. They straighten out at around 300 feet.

I felt some MMS last week there were brand new and ready to be stamped for the Women's Championship. They felt and looked like they had less dome and no flashing. They weren't for same sadly. I did however, pick up two slightly finger printy QMSs for cheap.

Anyone know if the MS mold has been tweaked?

I felt some MMS last week there were brand new and ready to be stamped for the Women's Championship. They felt and looked like they had less dome and no flashing. They weren't for same sadly. I did however, pick up two slightly finger printy QMSs for cheap.

Anyone know if the MS mold has been tweaked?

I've been wondering the same thing. Also have been beating the hell out of my Sparkle QMS over the last several weeks. It is starting to straighten out and is getting more and more glide. It actually might end up being an improvement over the old mold (if you have the patience to let it break in), the rim isn't as sharp and it seems a tick faster.

This disc is criminally underrated. I got to throw a new run M Aurora MS today and it was just beautiful.