• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^This. Clash is closer to Teebird than Crave. Crave doesn't have the LSS of a Teebird, more like TL for sure.

I actually run Clash, Crave, Relay for fairways and couldn't be happier with that set up. Clash has plenty of stability to hold up to most headwinds. Crave is just straight. Relay is the closest thing to a leopard I have found that isn't, well, a leopard.

I actually run Clash, Crave, Relay for fairways and couldn't be happier with that set up. Clash has plenty of stability to hold up to most headwinds. Crave is just straight. Relay is the closest thing to a leopard I have found that isn't, well, a leopard.

Does sound like a good setup, covering the stability spectrum. I use Servo/Switch, although I've never really liked the Switch that much. Might have to give the Relay a try. But swore off buying new discs a few months ago. Owned a Crave, have thrown friends Clash.

I've got the Clash and Crave set up right now. I think I'm going to grab a Relay at some point to try out. Inspire is a little too touchy for me right now and doesn't consistently flip...

I'd love to try out some mvp/axiom fairways and use the volt as my longer distance driver. That being said I was absolutely surprised with how far and controllable my ions were so now I am building my bag from the ground up. So far... Ions... Now to mids..

I'd love to try out some mvp/axiom fairways and use the volt as my longer distance driver. That being said I was absolutely surprised with how far and controllable my ions were so now I am building my bag from the ground up. So far... Ions... Now to mids..

It's surprising how sneaky long a lot of the molds are, putters especially. For me, the Tangent is one of the farthest, straightest, glidiest mids I've ever thrown. Even the 17mm line up is sneaky far for mids...

Inspire/relay

QUOTE=bfowler;2917303]I've been using an Inspire for my US fairway but want to try a relay.

Anybody thrown both? Opinions.[/QUOTE]

I throw the relay (circuit ) on dogleg rights and flip to flats and annies. I bag the Inspire (6,5,-4,1) but rarely throw it. Inspire is like a frog and a pacifist scorpion. It should be more US but I have found it to be a lot more OS. I keep waiting for a sting (-4 turn) that never comes. I will have to throw the inspire more during field work to get over the trust issues. The relay took a few throws to get used to but I have found it to be very dependable.

I can throw the switch just as far as insanity/inertial all easily capable of 350' and not on high distance lines or anything crazy just slight hyzer flip.

You guys realllllllllly should discuss some of this good stuff in the actual disc threads.

QUOTE=bfowler;2917303]I've been using an Inspire for my US fairway but want to try a relay.

Anybody thrown both? Opinions.

I throw the relay (circuit ) on dogleg rights and flip to flats and annies. I bag the Inspire (6,5,-4,1) but rarely throw it. Inspire is like a frog and a pacifist scorpion. It should be more US but I have found it to be a lot more OS. I keep waiting for a sting (-4 turn) that never comes. I will have to throw the inspire more during field work to get over the trust issues. The relay took a few throws to get used to but I have found it to be very dependable.

Where did you get that flight rating?! Even the axiom site shows its just a less stable crave. Only MVP disc with that much turn is the orbital.

Inspire also is a 17mm rim. If you were to give it an innova type rating id say 7|5|-1|1 ... The relay is more like a slower switch.

Last edited:
It's surprising how sneaky long a lot of the molds are, putters especially. For me, the Tangent is one of the farthest, straightest, glidiest mids I've ever thrown. Even the 17mm line up is sneaky far for mids...

The 17mm class is MVP's fairway class of Switch, Servo, and Resistor. (Along with Axiom's Clash, Crave, and Inspire) The Relay is 16mm. The Vector and Axis are 13mm, while the Tangent and Tensor are 12mm.

I've been using an Inspire for my US fairway but want to try a relay.

Anybody thrown both? Opinions.

The Relay blows the Inspire out of the water. With the Inspire...let's just say that I never was. It is too stable for it's own good. The Relay is magical, understable delight.

BUT, if you have a bigger arm (or even moreso with poor form), the Relay might be "flippy" for you. It is definitely an US disc, but can be worked on various lines, and has a little bit of stability at the end to come back when needed.

Edit: You guys are too fast. And Aim, this is the MVP thread. It's perfectly fine to ask questions about their discs.

Last edited:
Relay isny flippy even at 350+ just needs hyzer release.

Some super GYRO crap or something but the relay is just a damn good driver. I cannot wait for the crave/servo stability version of this 16mm class.

Rating

Where did you get that flight rating?! Even the axiom site shows its just a less stable crave. Only MVP disc with that much turn is the orbital.

Inspire also is a 17mm rim. If you were to give it an innova type rating id say 7|5|-1|1 ... The relay is more like a slower switch.

That rating is from disc golf center. I guess I need to reassess using that site for all my flight ratings.

Resistor is just OS. Clash turns and fades. Servo turns a little and fades. Crave doesnt really turn and has little fade. Inspire is a seasoned crave turns with no real fade. Switch turns like an inspire but has a little fade too like a beat to hell servo.

View attachment 56581

View attachment 56582
Left to right....
OS to US ... Low to high power flight plaths

Got burried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts