• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new to me clear first run Vector definitely doesn't get that blue tint to it in the sun. Gonna have to be careful where I throw this thing.

Guess I need to get a colored?
The clear Vectors I've seen aren't the same Ice Blue color as the IONs I've seen, they're just plain clear. But there are Ice Blue Vectors available to my knowledge.
How does that look on the overmold?
I did that too, the overmold is black so it doesn't show up at all.

The clear Vectors I've seen aren't the same Ice Blue color as the IONs I've seen, they're just plain clear. But there are Ice Blue Vectors available to my knowledge.I did that too, the overmold is black so it doesn't show up at all.

the clear vectors are strictly first runs. now the "clear" is the iceblue, but yes, be careful with that vector

Has anyone tried marking their overmold with a silver sharpie or similar? I was thinking about trying something like that with my Anode's because I feel like the black overmold makes it difficult to see them in videos. Spoiled by those eclipse discs :)

I was thinking more along the lines of taking a silver sharpie and drawing over the entire overmold though, was wondering if that'd show up better in a video. Might try it at some point.

I was thinking more along the lines of taking a silver sharpie and drawing over the entire overmold though, was wondering if that'd show up better in a video. Might try it at some point.

Not the entire thing, I would either do 1 inch long sections of the silver, or maybe mark the overmold into 4ths and paint in two of them silver. That way you don't have to hold onto the painted part, but it will flash as it spins.

At the rate they've been going I'd expect eclipse Anode's within a few months of the release of the regular Anode's. It's very nice having a company do all of their molds in glow for once (At least so far they have, hope that trend continues). I always wanted a glow Predator when I threw them.

At the rate they've been going I'd expect eclipse Anode's within a few months of the release of the regular Anode's. It's very nice having a company do all of their molds in glow for once (At least so far they have, hope that trend continues). I always wanted a glow Predator when I threw them.
It's nice that for once a company has no real reason not to do them in glow. Until now glow discs have flown pretty differently from non-glow discs of the same mold, but due to MVP's process there seems to be almost no difference between the regulars and glows.

There's a difference in the vectors, but the other two not so much.

Have you thrown any current run non-glow Vectors? All I have are domey first runs and a few flatter eclipse Vectors, and they do compliment each other very well...but I'm curious if all Vectors are now the flatter style? I would imagine so but would like confirmation. Kind of like how the Ions were different early on, but current Ions are identical between eclipse and regular proton.

Have you thrown any current run non-glow Vectors? All I have are domey first runs and a few flatter eclipse Vectors, and they do compliment each other very well...but I'm curious if all Vectors are now the flatter style? I would imagine so but would like confirmation. Kind of like how the Ions were different early on, but current Ions are identical between eclipse and regular proton.

Yes, I have a current and eclipse in the bag. The proton definitely has more fade, but not as much as the first runs.

The eclipse discs trump other companies glow discs in non glow rounds for the visibility factor too. My non glow green vector is so easy to spot but my eclipse axis is just insanely bright. In the tournament at flip I got several comments on my axis and how bright it was in the snow. Even on blind shots I had absolute confidence throwing it and was one of the few players without ribbons on my discs.
On a side note its sad how so very few players had even heard of MVP even here in their own backyard :\
More advertising is definitely needed

Yes, I have a current and eclipse in the bag. The proton definitely has more fade, but not as much as the first runs.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to grab some, that sounds nice. the flatter ones feel much better but there are times I like a touch more fade.

The eclipse discs trump other companies glow discs in non glow rounds for the visibility factor too. My non glow green vector is so easy to spot but my eclipse axis is just insanely bright. In the tournament at flip I got several comments on my axis and how bright it was in the snow. Even on blind shots I had absolute confidence throwing it and was one of the few players without ribbons on my discs.

Very true! I love my red eclipse axis for how easy it is to spot, both in a typical round and for my videos. Sometimes I end up throwing my mids on a shot I'd rather throw a driver just because they're so easy to find.

not that it would make a lot of sense to do, but has anyone tried dying the overmold of an Eclipse MVP disc? seems like it might be fun to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts