• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the opposite. Proton is more stable than Eclipse. In my experience the stability depends on the dome. More dome = more stability from what I've found.

i have a super flat (i mean flat as a CE Eagle) white rim green vector and it flies more overstable than my other 6 vectors

Disc to disc differing weight distribution? Honestly I believe that the domier (more air friction) a disc is the more overstable it will be. MVP=more or less unknown in my hands. Perhaps the gyroscopity of the rim adds another variable.

All my domey MVP discs are more OS than the flatter ones, even after breaking them in some.

I like it because I have a worn flat Axis for zero fade shots, mild turnovers, anhyzers that hold the entire flight etc and a domey one for a straight with mild fade flight, slight headwinds etc.

Disc to disc differing weight distribution? Honestly I believe that the domier (more air friction) a disc is the more overstable it will be. MVP=more or less unknown in my hands. Perhaps the gyroscopity of the rim adds another variable.

I also own discs that prove this rule by their exception. :p

I'm guessing you've never thrown a Flick, flat top Pred, or flat top Firebird before.

I'm guessing you've never thrown a Flick, flat top Pred, or flat top Firebird before.

Pred, no. The other two, yes (Esp150 and an 11x). Exceptions proving the rule.:p also id guess that the weight distribution of these discs is the reason for their stability.

Just got my first MVP midrange, the axis. One thing I noticed right away is that with more weight closer to the edge it feels like I get get more snap than a regular disc of the same weight, and more snap=awesome. I never really thought about the snap benefits of the overmold before holding the disc but I guess this is what MVP is talking about here:

"The process of transferring mass away from the axis of rotation increases the disc's moment of inertia at parabolic proportions."

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind a moment of inertia boost on my drivers so I can't wait to hold a Volt!
I recently got my eclipse axis with the dgcr stamp. I haven't got to throw it much yet due to some back issues. The little bit I did throw, I flipped about half of them over. But I'm really not very good yet, so it's very likely me. I've got a vector and an anode on the way, so I'll give them a shot. I probably wouldn't have ever tried mvp if it weren't for dgcr.

gonna give the axis and vector a better longer look this time to see how they do after cleaning up my form and adding some distance. Looking forward to going out with my mvp mid line up this week and seeing once again what the hype is all about. its actually like i am throwing new discs again because I feel that my game is in a better place now. that is all.

Forgive if it's been asked/answered, but is white going to be an option for Neutron plastic? I like my putters to be white, and I'd love to get some white Anodes to go with my stormtrooper Ions.

Also, I really like the simple stamp for the Neutron line. Looks more "professional", if you will.

Forgive if it's been asked/answered, but is white going to be an option for Neutron plastic? I like my putters to be white, and I'd love to get some white Anodes to go with my stormtrooper Ions.

Also, I really like the simple stamp for the Neutron line. Looks more "professional", if you will.

They've only said bright fluorescent colors, nothing specific, but I'm sure they'll do white also. They know how much people loved to dye on the opaque proton.

yes please bring back the whites!!!! would love to see some blacks again too!!!! Cooking up a disc now i will post it here to give the guys at mvp some inspiration.

Does anyone else carry both the ion and the anode? I used to think there was too much overlap. Now i like the extra fade of the ion for chip type approaches, and the anode as straight approach disc. smarquart had a great explanation as to why he carries both and i fully agree just wondering if anyone else carries both.

Does anyone else carry both the ion and the anode? I used to think there was too much overlap. Now i like the extra fade of the ion for chip type approaches, and the anode as straight approach disc. smarquart had a great explanation as to why he carries both and i fully agree just wondering if anyone else carries both.

I carry the Ion for driving with, and the Anode for approaches and putts. I have been experimenting with putters ever since I cracked, broke, and lost all my aviars, and this seems to be the setup that I like the best.

I have an Ion as it really holds the line into the wind for long putts/approaches and I have a Vector for that mid-range fade shot or short drive. I think my next disc will be an Anode and hopefully pick up a Volt as soon as they come out.

Of all of the new manufacturers, I like MVP the best. Vibram has a solid lineup too, but I really dig the colors and the Gyro weighting.

This is what I do. I like the Ion for short fh and bh shots that need more fade and less glide. I also drive with it on certain shorter hyzering holes. I putt with Anodes and do a lot of drives and approaches with them too. Also anytime I'm running the basket from approach distance I like the Anode.

I hope they bring back white. White putters always just felt right to me. I love how the stormtrooper Ions look.

glad im not alone in carrying both. I have a delima though three putters in the bag. The pure has just clicked for me as my putting putter. I view my mvp putters more as mids and approach discs. Guess ill have to deal with three putters, i cannot let the mvp putters out of my bag. That will never happen!!

Does anyone else find the black rim green Vectors to be very straight flying with little fade at the end?

On the other hand... my white rim (eclipse) vectors seem to be far more overstable and doesnt hold a straight line very long at all..

all my proton vectors fly the same (stright with little fade) and all my eclipse proton fly the same (more overstable) so they are consistent between the two molds

i just find them to be two different discs in my bag.. i go to eclipse for hyzers and i go to my proton for long straight with short bootleg left

Im RHBH by the way.
I got to say I think its more of a psychological thing rather than a difference in the discs. You look at the eclipse and it is so different in appearance from the proto your mind automatically assumes its a different disc. I found if I didnt look at the stack of vecters I was throwing and just threw it how I wanted it to go I get much more consistent shots between the two.

glad im not alone in carrying both. I have a delima though three putters in the bag. The pure has just clicked for me as my putting putter. I view my mvp putters more as mids and approach discs. Guess ill have to deal with three putters, i cannot let the mvp putters out of my bag. That will never happen!!

I went through the Ion then anode as putting, driving, approaching putters. Then added a zero pure for putting and it was just like old times. Until the pure came out in opto, I used anodes/ions for driving and approaching. It was a great set up, but I dropped them for the opto pure and mostly haven't looked back. The only thing I REALLY miss is that little bit extra lss out of the Ion.

Most people don't like to use different putter molds, but so long as only one mold is for actual putting who gives a damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts