• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Just a curious thought for those who have thrown both a light weight and max weight inertia. Have you noticed any considerable difference in stability or distance. I got a 155 in hopes it would be an easy to throw and control hyper flip disc. So far, it has served that role very well, but I'm not 100% sure I like the feel of the 155 with all my other discs in the 168-172 range. I debating on adding a max weight just for feel and possibly more stability. Is my hypothesis in the ballpark or not?

I only have a 175 Inertia...I usually prefer my D drivers in the 170-173 range, so I wasn't sure at first whether or not I was going to like it that heavy. After some time with it I'm not glad that I have a heavy one. It flips very methodically and doesn't get lifted/dropped by the wind like I imagine a lighter one might.

^^ So it sounds like you are glad. Not not glad. :)

I don't have a light Inertia, but this is the only heavier driver I've thrown that doesn't feel heavy. The Inertia seems to have the highest weight ratio in the overmold of any MVP disc. I don't know if that's actually true, but it feels that way to me. And when compared to other drivers from different manufacturers, it's more noticeable.

For those who haven't tried it yet, go ahead and pick one up. It's a very fun disc to throw.

I threw mine on the sweetest, smoothest hyzerflip this morning down my road that I thought it was going to keep flying forever. Like seriously Mike C distances. Granted it was down a decent hill but I was still pretty impressed to get a straight lazar beem hyzerflip as opposed to a big S like I more typically get from the Inertia.

I threw mine on the sweetest, smoothest hyzerflip this morning down my road that I thought it was going to keep flying forever. Like seriously Mike C distances. Granted it was down a decent hill but I was still pretty impressed to get a straight lazar beem hyzerflip as opposed to a big S like I more typically get from the Inertia.

I had one of my best throws ever yesterday with the inertia. Had a nice slight left to right moderate tailwind the I hizerflipped with some hight that slowly turned over and then very tightly s curved back at the very end. Went about 360 uphill and I average about 300 normally. Loving this disc.:thmbup:

for a RHBH thrower I have found that the left to right cross/tailwinds are the only winds this disc flies well in and not when its all that strong. Great calm day driver but did nothing for me when winds were 20MPH+ ... I had a really weird shot I tried to ride the crosswind and it turned over into it then just fell to the ground :| "Im too understable for this crap put me back in the bag" and that I did. Excited to take this out to BRP on some of the tighter wooded holes.

I was tearing up a heavily wooded course with my Inertia today. I ended up beating a friend I've never beaten before. I let him try the Inertia. Now, he's going to get him one.

I was tearing up a heavily wooded course with my Inertia today. I ended up beating a friend I've never beaten before. I let him try the Inertia. Now, he's going to get him one.

If you were playing disc golf this is good.

It's been too windy here to give mine a fair chance.

The stormtroopers have landed. Woohoo! The Neutron plastic on these seems just a touch softer/grippier than some of my other neutron discs. Gonna get out and throw these today.

Attachments

• P1000684.jpg
    P1000684.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 43
I've been working more with the Inertia (168) in round situations, and I'm just not sure it's going to make the bag...but I'm thinking about getting one @ max wt to see if that's the ticket.

I do think it's a good disc...I think I may just have outgrown it, at least at this weight. I'm having a harder time controlling the turnover on it than some other discs, it's just too touchy at the 350-375, especially on lower-ceiling shots, which I have to throw like 75% of the time around here.

It would be great for me in standstill/iffy-lie situations, but honestly, no better than the Amp or Switch.

So, I think I'm going to grab a brighter, 175-ish one and give that a go.

I've been working more with the Inertia (168) in round situations, and I'm just not sure it's going to make the bag...but I'm thinking about getting one @ max wt to see if that's the ticket.

I do think it's a good disc...I think I may just have outgrown it, at least at this weight. I'm having a harder time controlling the turnover on it than some other discs, it's just too touchy at the 350-375, especially on lower-ceiling shots, which I have to throw like 75% of the time around here.

It would be great for me in standstill/iffy-lie situations, but honestly, no better than the Amp or Switch.

So, I think I'm going to grab a brighter, 175-ish one and give that a go.

you can send it my way:D:D:D:D

Mine is 174 and its still pretty flippy. It is great for tailwind drives when you don't have the room for a longer disc. But, on tight woody courses, you might want to give the crave a shot.

The Inertia is more under-stable than i was expecting, considering they are releasing a disc that's going to be even more under-stable, i would have expected the Inertia to be closer to -1 HSS, 2 LSS and easy to get a good hyzer flip but for me it flys -2 HSS, 1 LSS and just likes to turn over easily and slowly fade back.

I ripped it yesterday about 400' and it sailed on a big sweeping turn over then slowly faded to flat and ended about 50' right of center line.

The inertia is what i would have expected the Impulse to fly like. What will the lineup look like now?...

Motion 0 HSS 3 LSS (?)
Tesla -0.5 HSS 2.5 LSS
Inertia -2 HSS 1 LSS
Impulse -3 HSS 1 LSS (?)

I would be happy with an Inertia with a little less turnover, maybe they will adjust the PLH in future?

Last edited:
you can send it my way:D:D:D:D

PMed.

Mine is 174 and its still pretty flippy. It is great for tailwind drives when you don't have the room for a longer disc. But, on tight woody courses, you might want to give the crave a shot.

Yeah, I'm going to grab one or more of them, I think, but I'm totally in heart with the Servo right now, and don't want to cheat, lol.

The Inertia is more under-stable than i was expecting, considering they are releasing a disc that's going to be even more under-stable, i would have expected the Inertia to be closer to -1 HSS, 2 LSS and easy to get a good hyzer flip but for me it flys -2 HSS, 1 LSS and just likes to turn over easily and slowly fade back.?

A disc with more HSS and LSS will not be easier to hyzer flip though? so the inertia IS easy to hyzer flip, and excels at this shot. Impulse will be understable for any player while this disc is not. I have had a few people throw it on the course who are not advanced players at all and nothing about the flight said understable-- its just a long range control driver for <300' power really. Telsa will be OS for those players while it will be stable for others.

Last edited:
A disc with more HSS and LSS will not be easier to hyzer flip though? so the inertia IS easy to hyzer flip, and excels at this shot. Impulse will be understable for any player while this disc is not. I have had a few people throw it on the course who are not advanced players at all and nothing about the flight said understable-- its just a long range control driver for <300' power really. Telsa will be OS for those players while it will be stable for others.

QFT. Also, I wouldn't expect MVP to adjust the PLH to make the Inertia more stable. I bet the more stable Inertia will come from Axiom.

A disc with more HSS than LSS will not be easier to hyzer flip though? so the inertia IS easy to hyzer flip, and excels at this shot. Impulse will be understable for any player while this disc is not. I have had a few people throw it on the course who are not advanced players at all and nothing about the flight said understable-- its just a long range control driver for <300' power really. Telsa will be OS for those players while it will be stable for others.

My SL is -1 HSS 2 LSS and i can hyzer flip it easily. Thrown flat, i get a turnover with a strong fade finnish. Now, I expected the Inertia to be similar to my SL but with a more forward straight GYRO finish, making it closer to the description of "accurate hyzer flips" and "neutral flight and reliably straight distance lines".

With the Inertia ending 50' right of center on a hyzer release i think i will not even have any room for a disc less stable than this.

If MVP is listening, they should make the Inertia have just a touch less turn over so there is room for a truly flippy under-stable impulse.

Latest posts