• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

QFT. Also, I wouldn't expect MVP to adjust the PLH to make the Inertia more stable. I bet the more stable Inertia will come from Axiom.

Yeah-- I think MVP actually changed the Inertia description after release, as before it hit the masses the disc was described on their website as Stability:stable-understable and now it only states understable.

Yeah-- I think MVP actually changed the Inertia description after release, as before it hit the masses the disc was described on their website as Stability:stable-understable and now it only states understable.

lol, yea.. disc doesn't come out as expected so they just change the description, brilliant!

Honestly would rather have a stable-understable flight though..

MVP should be focusing on the high powered experienced thrower, while Axiom should keep focusing on noodle arm daisy pickers who need the -5 HSS :rolleyes:

A disc with more HSS and LSS will not be easier to hyzer flip though? so the inertia IS easy to hyzer flip,

Don't get me wrong, it turns easy for me...maybe too easy? What I'm talking about is, it's not as easy for me to control how far it turns over from different hyzer angles/heights (compared to the discs I've been using for those distance shots.) Also, I have to power it down w/in a very small window of power (for me) to get it to flip flat on low lines. So, when I'm going for shots < 15 ft off the ground, it's difficult for me to hit that sweet spot between sweeping hyzer, and turn/burn.

QFT. Also, I wouldn't expect MVP to adjust the PLH to make the Inertia more stable. I bet the more stable Inertia will come from Axiom.

No, that couldn't happen...**cou(volt)gh**

But seriously, I think you're right. I feel like one of the reasons they did the Axiom spin-off was to have a place for these tweener molds.

MVP should be focusing on the pretentious disc golfer who judges others, while Axiom should keep focusing on people who don't give a rat's ass how far in4d throws.

FTFY.

No, that couldn't happen...**cou(volt)gh**

But seriously, I think you're right. I feel like one of the reasons they did the Axiom spin-off was to have a place for these tweener molds.

You have a point on both fronts. I believe the Amp was tweaked a bit over time, as well. But keeping Axiom for those tweener molds that are a little more neutral is a good way to not over-saturate the MVP market.

I have to power it down w/in a very small window of power (for me) to get it to flip flat on low lines. So, when I'm going for shots < 15 ft off the ground, it's difficult for me to hit that sweet spot between sweeping hyzer, and turn/burn.

I agree, you need to put a little more air under it on a high power line in order to get the full flight or put a lot of hyzer on the release for low lines which is harder to control.

Just imagine how much of an US roller burner the Impulse is going to be.. haha

Inertia doesn't roll from flat unless you impart OAT or add slight anhyzer. Not sure what is different for me but I find it very easy to throw low and straight(this was actually the first throw I had with it in a parking lot) similar stability to that of a tangent. Throw flat=turn, add hyzer=straight and adding height only gives some LSS to the flight.

Last edited:
FTFY.

You have a point on both fronts. I believe the Amp was tweaked a bit over time, as well. But keeping Axiom for those tweener molds that are a little more neutral is a good way to not over-saturate the MVP market.

1) LOL

2) Totally. Axiom was a smart move on several fronts.

The other thing re. the Inertia is, spin. I'm still working on consistent/controlling spin, especially on full power throws. I'm sure some of the control issue I'm having with it is user error, don't get me wrong.

...pretentious disc golfer who judges others, people who don't give a rat's ass how far in4d throws.

Pretentious? haha! sorry if i made you feel like a noodle arm, wasn't attempting to impress anyone on the internet :p

Bottom line is the Inertia is too under-stable and should be adjusted so its not a burner for bigger arms and better fits the initial descriptions before release.

If you watch Mike C throw it, sometimes it goes to the ground before it even has a chance to begin fading back and thats on high lines.. that's a burner.

Last edited:
Pretentious? haha! sorry if i made you feel like a noodle arm, wasn't attempting to impress anyone on the internet :p

Bottom line is the Inertia is too under-stable and should be adjusted so its not a burner for bigger arms and better fits the initial descriptions before release.

If you watch Mike C throw it, sometimes it goes to the ground before it even has a chance to begin fading back and thats on high lines.. that's a burner.

Oh trust me, I know I'm a noodle arm. I own it. But you saying you aren't trying to impress anyone on the internet is like saying Miley Cyrus has adjusted well to the bright lights of celebrity.

Just throw with more hyzer, man. If your form is clean you can still bomb it.

Inertia doesn't roll from flat unless you impart OAT or add slight anhyzer. Not sure what is different for me but I find it very easy to throw low and straight(this was actually the first throw I had with it in a parking lot) similar stability to that of a tangent. Throw flat=turn, add hyzer=straight and adding height only gives some LSS to the flight.

These two statements seem at odds...but yeah, I do have a tendency at times to flatten my follow through on hyzers, adding more roll than I'm wanting, so that's a possibility, good point.

I have thrown a few discs which will literally turn into a roller from flat not go righthard-- that's the comparison. If you have ever thrown a disc like old mold vision, beat DX archangel, Unlace etc they all are able to roll very easily from a flat throw given enough speed.

^But, maybe it's just you and I throw different. I don't like the Tangent as much as most, because I can't throw it well on low lines, either. Not so much because it turns (or doesn't,) but because it seems like it drops early, like a putter, and I only get nice flights out of it on higher lines.

I have thrown a few discs which will literally turn into a roller from flat not go righthard-- that's the comparison. If you have ever thrown a disc like old mold vision, beat DX archangel, Unlace etc they all are able to roll very easily from a flat throw given enough speed.

Oh, my bad. I was misusing terminology. I have a habit of calling turn "roll." It's because I can't throw rollers (at least, not on purpose) so I don't think enough in those terms on here.

Confusion = my fault.

^But, maybe it's just you and I throw different. I don't like the Tangent as much as most, because I can't throw it well on low lines, either. Not so much because it turns (or doesn't,) but because it seems like it drops early, like a putter, and I only get nice flights out of it on higher lines.

I feel the same way as you on the Tangent, and I also have a tendency to roll my wrist on follow through when throwing on a hyzer. It's something I am working on, but I am using the Axis for it because it still diagnoses OAT but works lower lines a bit better for me.

Yeah slower discs would need higher lines to go further essentially so you guys are on point but with enough spin/snap/whateverrrr they will fly far and low. Remember I like to throw my Ions on holes that are 250-300' before any other disc in my bag if the hole allows it.

I throw with lots of snap and am not some big arm, hell by looks I am a "noodle" arm more so than probably a lot of the guys who actually cant throw that far but are bigger lol. I don't bag or even really throw very OS discs all that much. Resistor and flick are in there but not as go-to drivers by any means...at one time in my playing life discs like these all were "go-to"s :|

I throw further now though and my line shaping ability has grown tons as well as increased control with those different shots.

Just throw with more hyzer, man. If your form is clean you can still bomb it.

I am forced to throw my Inertia with hyzer most of the time, and it does bomb, but that's not the point.

The Inertia has a lot of turn over on high power drives and according to Mike C's videos the Tesla has very little turn over for him over 400' and that's on a FLAT release. Now.. On the same release, power level, and angle the inertia is turning over and going to the ground before it even begins to straighten out into a fade.

So my point is, there is far too large of a gap between the two discs. the Inertia could have slightly less turn and be a little closer to neutral, in my opinion. I feel like im going to be missing something in between the two molds. And also a disc with more turn than the Inertia (the Impulse) will not be useful to me.. it doesn't make sense, i can make the inertia turn over hard enough to cover any under-stable line in that speed category.

Some people are describing the Tesla as a Shock and i have heard others refer to the Inertia as a sidewinder-like stability.

The mold is a great disc! don't get me wrong.. Its just less stable than i think it should have been. I will still keep one in my bag because its working extremely well for big turnovers and long hyzer bombs.. it's definitely a fun disc.

Last edited:
So my point is, there is far too large of a gap between the two discs. the Inertia could have slightly less turn and be a little closer to neutral, in my opinion..

While I don't disagree I think this allows for 1. Axiom complementary model and 2. seasoning of the Telsa into a lazer beam bomber like what the volts become. My proton has lost a fair amount of the LSS but still nice and 0 HSS. These fresh tester discs will lose that initial stability, you know what im talking about.

Latest posts