• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

No, I just meant that once my current Tesla is just a bit more seasoned, there will be room in my bag for a fresh one.

Teslas are my go to distance driver, but I'd expect most players to feel that way about the Inertia instead.

I played my all MVP bag yesterday and my Inertia got every drive on holes over 300. It's longer for me than I originally thought. May have just had a stint of bad form before. OTOH, I lost it right enough to see I can't use just it for distance.

So then, I compensate with more hyzer, and end up left when I would over do it. I may try a proton before getting a lightweight Tesla.

So a fresh Proton vs. a fresh Neutron, same weight. You throw it flat, ~300'. How much difference in flight path and end result are you guys seeing?

Same question for a Proton @ ~165g vs. a Proton @ ~175g.

So a fresh Proton vs. a fresh Neutron, same weight. You throw it flat, ~300'. How much difference in flight path and end result are you guys seeing?

Same question for a Proton @ ~165g vs. a Proton @ ~175g.

I'll let you know this evening. Need the wife to get home so I can go toss this P Inertia and the Clash.

no idea at that distance. at about 380' the protons are a touch faster flying than the neutrons. Its hard to explain b/c its not more overstable really.

not at all. The inertia might be OS or flex out nice though at those lower distances' He was just having some fun and had nothing to do with your post actually.

not at all. The inertia might be OS or flex out nice though at those lower distances' He was just having some fun and had nothing to do with your post actually.

No posting after 5 beers. Got it. And sorry if that's the case, the timing just caused me to assume it.

But yeah the 167g N flexes out for me beautifully already, and ends up pretty much dead center at 280 - 300. Was thinking lately that it would be great to have a straighter left finishing version of the Inertia with similar glide, distance and control. Looked into the Tesla but sounded like not so much glide and too OS for me. Just wondered if a max weight P Inertia would be different enough to be worth using. I like to keep a small bag without a lot of overlap.

No posting after 5 beers. Got it. And sorry if that's the case, the timing just caused me to assume it.

But yeah the 167g N flexes out for me beautifully already, and ends up pretty much dead center at 280 - 300. Was thinking lately that it would be great to have a straighter left finishing version of the Inertia with similar glide, distance and control.

You will get it from the proton. Tesla is a whole different beast all together. I think what you are saying above is exactly what you will get and just go a little heavier.

Here's the 300 foot report. Nolan can look away now...Or stay and make fun. Meh.

I took out a 169 gram Proton Inertia against a 165 Neutron for a few tosses tonight. The Neutron has a small amount of wear to it, but nothing I would consider beat in.

Both flip up to flat with ease when thrown with some hyzer. This is awesome, because I was expecting the Proton to be much more difficult to flip since it is in the more stable plastic.

In fact, both discs behave similarly in the high speed portion of the flight. For the most part they flip up, lock on to straight and cruise.

Where I found the two to be marginally different was in the low speed portion of the flight.

On some throws, the Neutron will get a subtle late turn, taking it off line a little. On others, it just goes super straight and has a baby fade. As a result, I found it longer than the Proton.

The Proton, meanwhile, begins fading a bit earlier than the Neutron, which means it ends up a bit shorter and acts slightly more overstable than the Neutron. As a result, I think it will handle the wind a little better than the Neutron.

On the whole, at my power, the two are different enough to warrant bagging both, but I am not sure the Proton is overstable enough to take up the coveted slot that people want to fill between the Tesla and Inertia. Maybe people with better form will be able to see some more stability out of it than I will. I'll lean on the Proton in wind more and the Neutron when I have a little more room for the turn or need less of a fade.

One final note: This batch of Proton feels amazeballs. I like it better than Neutron. It is grippy without being too supple, and the color pops. Might need to find a sparkle.

i didnt even see your post, and i think the ideal time to post is after 6 beers.

i would totally drop my n inertia for a proton one. WHY? because it looks cooler. i "ASSUME" they will fly the same.

there will be a day that my whole bag is glowing overmolds, and i will finally know the meaning of satisfaction.

I hate to be lazy, but that is pretty much spot on, onemilemore. I too noticed similar HSS, and a touch more LSS in the 170 Proton I tested. The Proton has the same great glide, and I didn't sense any loss in D. Both of them were topping out at around 300'.

Hello, my pretty.

i dunno i throw my ion 300' so this is all kinda confusing.

also a lot of people think every mvp disc is a putter, this is a problem.

also a lot of people think every mvp disc is a putter, this is a problem.

I had a guy ask me if my stormtrooper Inertia was a putter. After closer inspection, he realized what it was, and appeared unaware that MVP made drivers. It was a good chance to show him a little more of the lineup.

Latest posts