• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

My plasma Volts are very similar to my first runs but I wouldn't necessarily consider them to have more turn. On a very hard flat 420' power throw they'll slightly turn right for about 50% of their flight before stabling out and having a healthy fade for the last 20-30%. It may be because I'm throwing more max weight Plasmas than I did first runs but mine can hold a mean hyzer line.

exactly. its like it wants to turn but doesn't really turn over at all and then just kicks in with the FW fade. Excited to see how one of these plasma volts season up.

exactly. its like it wants to turn but doesn't really turn over at all and then just kicks in with the FW fade. Excited to see how one of these plasma volts season up.

I should know before anyone. First off I'm lucky enough to be A member of Team MVP and got all my testers a week before release. Second off my whole course is very rocky and the weather is warm so these things are already getting banged up. It shouldn't take long for a couple of them to season and compare with all my old seasoned Volts. It is very promising so far.

at max weight I wouldn't call it turn but more of a flip to flat like a seasoned volt and imagine it will develop more true turn with some use. So, sortaaaaa. the extra glide with slight dome and FW fade off the shelf is apparent though.

ugh

sold

I thought I was going to be able hold off on spending money on discs this spring

IMG_1719.jpg

So I just got these two beautiful Volts (thanks iDiscgolf for the sparkle proton). The plasma looks pretty unreal. :thmbup:
I'm gonna test out these two as a speed 9 lineup to replace both my crave and PD. I'm not sure about the crave, I love it, but the PD's probably gonna go. The proton is 175 and the plasma is 169 so I hope there is enough difference. And based on these profiles, I think there will be.
Sparkle Proton (on left) vs Plasma (on right)
Unknown.jpg

There is definitely room for a Crave and a Volt. Volts have significantly more distance potential than their speed implies. They also have more HSS in my experience and fade a lot stronger. The Crave will hold that straight true flight on a hard flat snap longer through their flight and can be manipulated into having fade ranging from heavy to nearly non-existent.

I carry a Volt and Crave. I put the Wrath and Insanity in to pair with the Volt as my distance drivers and having the Crave, Clash, and Insanity as a fairway trio.

yeah craves and volts are not really comparable. Similar stability but the speed difference really sets them apart. The plasma volts are slighty domey and have a little high speed turn but still don't fly anything like a crave.

Last edited:
I should know before anyone. First off I'm lucky enough to be A member of Team MVP and got all my testers a week before release. Second off my whole course is very rocky and the weather is warm so these things are already getting banged up. It shouldn't take long for a couple of them to season and compare with all my old seasoned Volts. It is very promising so far.

FWIW lighter First Runs really had a little more turn when they were sub 170. Not sure what you are throwing for weights but like you will put my plasma through some work and see what happens. I never bagged a truly flippy FR volt (came across few but knew they were not my thaaang) and thrown some with a turn in the 167g range but they didn't fly as nice as the plasma seems to. Those were like Amps but sounds like a volt is a volt these days regardless of the plastic you just get a little bit of a unique flight and/or feel and that's a great thing for MVP.

Realllllllllllllllly hope firm or hard neutron/proton are still around as that's the most durable MVP plastic, ever.

plasma one doesnt look as domey as my first run volts when placed side by side. Certainly more domey than the volts they have made recently but clearly not as domey as the originals. looking forward to testing them out.

Alright, so whats the news on the fission and plasma Volts, do they fly like the old FR Neutron Volt?

From the pictures they look like a totally different disc lower PLH, ton more dome... so much for MVP being consistent. :rolleyes:

Im going to pick a couple of these up, any suggestions for weight/color or does it not matter?

That's the point of plasma volts......... First Run esq which do look like different discs from current volts and you know that. Not all early volts were domed up either. Obviously color doesnt matter lol been throwing too much legacy ind!

Plasma Volts bomb (for my noodle arm). Just got a few throws with my 170 plasmas, 155 fissions, 175 neutrons, and 172 pro wraiths. Plasma was consistently longer than the fissions and wraiths. Fissions were longer than the wraiths.

Plasmas were exactly what I wanted. Similar flight to my wraiths, but longer (topped out at 370+ in limited throws which is extremely long for me especially in khakis, dress shoes, and a tucked in button up). I still need time to fully dial them in of course. Longest throw finished more right than I expected. I need more time with the fissions as well because I expected them to be longer than the plasmas. I might need to try a lighter Plasma or heavier Fission for the bomber slot in my bag (or just beat one of the 170 plasmas).

But the 170 Plasma has found a spot in the bag as a distance workhorse and will be complimented by my max weight neutron. And an added bonus--the marbled, yellow/gold plastic looks awesome. Wraiths will sit for awhile.

Last edited:
And here I was happy with my 330' drive with my Insanity yesterday. My plasma Volt should be in the mailbox today or tomorrow so I'm wondering how that will compete into the distance department.

And here I was happy with my 330' drive with my Insanity yesterday. My plasma Volt should be in the mailbox today or tomorrow so I'm wondering how that will compete into the distance department.

330 is a typical distance drive with my pro wraith with the occasional 340-350 drive. The plasmas went about 340-350 and topped out at 370+. It also didn't really feel different in the hand than my neutrons (more pliable but not extra domey or anything).

Dang it. I was just looking at the Udisc measurements and that 370 drive was actually only 340 (double checked with Google Earth). Still on pace with what my normal my best wraith throws usually are. And definitely outpacing my wraiths today when I was throwing them all side by side.

Plasma Volts bomb (for my noodle arm). Just got a few throws with my 170 plasmas, 155 fissions, 175 neutrons, and 172 pro wraiths. Plasma was consistently longer than the fissions and wraiths. Fissions were longer than the wraiths.

Plasmas were exactly what I wanted. Similar flight to my wraiths, but longer (topped out at 370+ in limited throws which is extremely long for me especially in khakis, dress shoes, and a tucked in button up). I still need time to fully dial them in of course. Longest throw finished more right than I expected. I need more time with the fissions as well because I expected them to be longer than the plasmas. I might need to try a lighter Plasma or heavier Fission for the bomber slot in my bag (or just beat one of the 170 plasmas).

But the 170 Plasma has found a spot in the bag as a distance workhorse and will be complimented by my max weight neutron. And an added bonus--the marbled, yellow/gold plastic looks awesome. Wraiths will sit for awhile.

N Wrath, N Insanity, P Insanity, and Plasma Volt all made the bag. Fission is not in yet. I agree how great the Plasma Volt is. I like it more then Proton or Eclipse but my Neutron Volt has been my go-to since it first came out. Hard to replace that.

I'll put in another vote for "plasma volts bomb"
Screen_Shot_2015_04_25_at_4_46_50_PM.png

With a R->L wind (slight headwind). This was pretty close to where I was getting my Giants and Worlds (~450-460).