• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

dgdave said:
Damn. I hope the next batch is sewn up better.
Yeah no doubt, not stoked to get less than Fade build quality for a premium price.....looks like China let us down on these =(
I went and picked up some replacement snaps (and the stupid tool to install them) tonight but none of them fit the one on the bag :cry:

Jesse B 707 said:
dgdave said:
Yeah no doubt, not stoked to get less than Fade build quality for a premium price.....looks like China let us down on these =(
I went and picked up some replacement snaps (and the stupid tool to install them) tonight but none of them fit the one on the bag :cry:

Vietnam dood, Vietnam.

Jesse B 707 said:
got to use my rainfly for the first time today..........and when i took it off one of the snaps stayed with the bag :cry: i may be able to rig it back up but hopefully i can get a replacement rainfly
Lifetime Warranty. You shouldn't have to spend any time dicking around with it, just send Justin a photo and he should replace it.

The design and functionality of this bag is on another level than any other product available. It's the best, no question. On the other hand, the materials and construction quality have a ways to go before I would give it a passing grade there. Somewhat disappointing after such an interminable wait. If Justin is genuine about wanting to bring the best product available he will iron these issues out before the next production run, and I have no reason to believe he isn't. He and I have been in touch back and forth discussing the issues and I expect him to be able to handle it. Materials and construction issues are easily correctable going forward.

Eric O said:
Jesse B 707 said:
got to use my rainfly for the first time today..........and when i took it off one of the snaps stayed with the bag :cry: i may be able to rig it back up but hopefully i can get a replacement rainfly
Lifetime Warranty. You shouldn't have to spend any time dicking around with it, just send Justin a photo and he should replace it.

The design and functionality of this bag is on another level than any other product available. It's the best, no question. On the other hand, the materials and construction quality have a ways to go before I would give it a passing grade there. Somewhat disappointing after such an interminable wait. If Justin is genuine about wanting to bring the best product available he will iron these issues out before the next production run, and I have no reason to believe he isn't. He and I have been in touch back and forth discussing the issues and I expect him to be able to handle it. Materials and construction issues are easily correctable going forward.
Agreed, I really dig the bag, its just a bit disheartening to have stuff fail so quickly. I did find a snap to fit it so its back up and running now

yeah same with everyone else. even with a week of the stitching being busted, putter pocket being uber small, and the missing quiver snap...I still think this is the best bag on the market. My bag has not had any more stitching failures outside the initial ones. can't wait for my new one

I do believe the guy who sold the bag on eBay posted on dgcr that it isn't what he was wanting and he used part of the ebay profit to buy a double nutsac.
farmhousejam on dgr said:
I'm all about being environmental, but I believe ultimately that polyester is not going to do it.....Revo uses codura, It was supposed to be Nylon....and the whole bag isn't double stitched...

I'm sure I'll get made fun of on here for saying this but its completely true....I sold my grip and bought a Nutsac....

Well hell. Now I'm second guessing myself on this. I got in on the second run from DD. For you guys who have it, besides the way it rides, what do you feel are the biggest advantages over a traditional bag and quads?

Quiver snap broke on mine, waiting to hear back from J@. It carries great though, love the ergonomics.

After my Initial challenges with the Bag ripping, I got the rip repaired and the repair is a little ugly to look at but really not noticeable unless you know it is there. I'm sure Justin will have the common weak areas of the bag ironed out before the next run is released, and if he doesn't there is that lifetime guarantee, which I can attest to Justin's willingness to stand behind.
The Bag rocks! Its fit and function are second to none. I love the way it rides on my back, the comfort of the straps, it carries more than enough stuff in the side pockets for me, and it looks great. I have only had one opportunity to use the rain fly and it is well thought out, it will keep the bag dry without being overly cumbersome when it comes time to access the discs during a round.
Buy it! You will not regret it as it is a quantum leap ahead of any other backpack bag in discgolf.

Gary

jnecessary said:
Quiver snap broke on mine, waiting to hear back from J@. It carries great though, love the ergonomics.

That sucks. My tear in the quiver hasn't gotten much worse since I taped it up. I wonder how the protos held up? Doss' seemed like it was in really good condition at the Majestic last year.

Latest posts