• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Joins Team MVP

GreedyGlitteringBrahmancow.gif

... in case that gif doesn't work: http://www.gfycat.com/GreedyGlitteringBrahmancow
You can't see but he was trying to kill the gopher from Caddy Shack.
Btw...truly out of curiosity...what's the deal with Mike C?
The 'C' stood for Communism. His radical subversive schemes were exposed with tournament exposure and he disappeared into the night on a submarine back to the USSR.

Everyone has emotion. Some don't have the discipline to keep the emotion from showing at the surface, in extreme cases for a prolonged period of time. Crybaby is one term, annoying is another, and most accurate is passionate. These guys are at the top of this game and they expect to play like it day in and day out. At the end of the day all that matters is who's on top - on the PDGA Tour anyway. The real winner is the guy who had the most fun...

You can't see but he was trying to kill the gopher from Caddy Shack.

The 'C' stood for Communism. His radical subversive schemes were exposed with tournament exposure and he disappeared into the night on a submarine back to the USSR.

Muhahahaha. Most inane thing I have heard all day. I love it!

Sandstrom seems to have been the better investment. In the Haix Tali Open lcgm8 vids, he was throwing some putter (I believe Ion off the top of my head) on tons of shots ... his putting was rough, but that seemed to be mental.

It was an Envy; general rule of thumb, black ring = MVP, white can be both companies, and anything else is an Axiom product. Plus, I throw Envys and think they're the business, so I was really excited to see someone throwing them in a tourney :D

Building a cult of personality around yourself on the internet, becoming a sponsored pro on the basis of said cult, and then 'retiring' completely from the game after being unable to cope with the sustained fallout from being exposed as a rec level player in the only PDGA event you competed in.

Meh. I have a cult of personality and am a rec level player. The only person who cares is Aim for The Chains. It doesn't keep me up at night.

Of course, I've been upfront about my level of play since jump street...

Anyway, Nikko is a character. Disc golf needs it, for entertainment. Sponsors do not. Nikko is better than just about anyone on here, or on the course. He could potentially make a living off of just winning tournaments.

Hahahaha if there was somebody who was sponsored by a manufacturer and STILL didn't throw their products, that would be a red flag to me that the product sucks.

Last edited:
Meh. I have a cult of personality and am a rec level player. The only person who cares is Aim for The Chains. It doesn't keep me up at night.

Of course, I've been upfront about my level of play since jump street...

Anyway, Nikko is a character. Disc golf needs it, for entertainment. Sponsors do not. Nikko is better than just about anyone on here, or on the course. He could potentially make a living off of just winning tournaments.
I have a feeling most sponsors would gladly take nikko, it's more a matter of him feeling comfortable with the sponsor. If he wasnt feeling mvp you can't blame him for not settling. There's only a handful of people with as much skill/potential. He's not getting younger so for the good of his career I hope he can settle in somewhere that is right for him. He can still compete regardless, but the support and stability a sponsor can bring can't be overlooked. Innova might as well pick him up to have 4 top 10-15 players. I could see latitude 64 being a good fit. Can't dwell in the past, with the direction sponsorships are going some top company needs to serenade him. I know there's the burning bridges argument etc., but I don't buy into that too much.

Hahahaha if there was somebody who was sponsored by a manufacturer and STILL didn't throw their products, that would be a red flag to me that the product sucks.

I think this could be a red flag if the player in question weren't Nikko. But since he changes sponsors like Derek Jeter used to change arm candy, I'm more inclined to think he has trouble getting comfortable with anything, not just MVP.

Meh. I have a cult of personality and am a rec level player. The only person who cares is Aim for The Chains. It doesn't keep me up at

Lol yeah i totally lose sleep over it. You said the same damn thing i have been. Dude is fine by me as a disc golfer and entertaining for sure. He is a terrible business guy tho who talks a lot of talk and cant follow thru unless its a drive.

Like a lot of people I think he expected to have 21.5mm drivers in his bag lickety split since they were approved early this year, and wasn't planning on bagging the full required amount until then. Unfortunately that's not how the contract reads. He had two more-familiar sponsors already, people he sees and knows personally, so I'm not surprised that the 3rd less familiar sponsor got shafted. No hard feelings, I like the dude, but provisions in the contract haven't been met.

I'll leave it to you highly dedicated detractors to keep saying he joined our team because he didn't like the discs.

Like a lot of people I think he expected to have 21.5mm drivers in his bag lickety split since they were approved early this year, and wasn't planning on bagging the full required amount until then. Unfortunately that's not how the contract reads. He had two more-familiar sponsors already, people he sees and knows personally, so I'm not surprised that the 3rd less familiar sponsor got shafted. No hard feelings, I like the dude, but provisions in the contract haven't been met.

I'll leave it to you highly dedicated detractors to keep saying he joined our team because he didn't like the discs.

Most people are taking issue with the fact that, in the course of six months, Nikko went from being a free thinking, mad genius, to a complete idiot in the eyes of the gyromaniacs. He is no different today than he was six months ago, or six years ago. The very same person with the very same assets and the very same flaws.

And since you brought it up, he has been using discs from non-sponsors where MVP had comparable molds available. For example, he could have mixed an Axis into his bag, but he chose to go with a Claymore instead. One can understand him throwing Innova because he used many of their molds for years, but why in the world would he be using a Claymore over an Axis?

For the rational, the answer to that question is painfully obvious.

It's because Claymores rule, I throw em.

I was always wondering how many takes and edits Mike C used. He made himself look great, meanwhile when when the pressure was on....

Most people are taking issue with the fact that, in the course of six months, Nikko went from being a free thinking, mad genius, to a complete idiot in the eyes of the gyromaniacs. He is no different today than he was six months ago, or six years ago. The very same person with the very same assets and the very same flaws.

And since you brought it up, he has been using discs from non-sponsors where MVP had comparable molds available. For example, he could have mixed an Axis into his bag, but he chose to go with a Claymore instead. One can understand him throwing Innova because he used many of their molds for years, but why in the world would he be using a Claymore over an Axis?

Nikko is the one who said he would "put MVP on the map" ....:popcorn:

The answer is that Nikko does what Nikko wants.

Latest posts