• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, Malört is the only thing I do drink nowadays. Out of my last 5 drinks I've had, 4 were Malört. Granted that spans a few years.

Yeah drinking got old after a decade or so, now I just do it for the memes.

My buddy legitimately likes Malort, so we've tried some very interesting mixed drinks with it... last one was some sour seltzer with malort, cherry juice... and maybe a peach whiskey or something? It was strange but the Malort really helps complement the equally rancid fruity seltzer.

Behavior like this is learned young. Always makes me wonder what the person went through that made it necessary/appropriate at the time.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I was thinking that Nikko having had a rough childhood was no secret.

So at league last night I showed the video to a couple of people who hadn't seen it. We had a lot of fun the rest of the night just dropping the highlight quotes.

Miss a putt 'WHY? WHY?' Someone walks in the way while lining up a shot 'STEP AWAY FROM ME!' etc...

And no Malört was involved at any point.

Probably the 2nd most talked about disc golf act in the past 5 years.:doh:
Conrad's "holy shot" being number one.:clap:
The more I think about it, Nikko's tantrum might be number one.

On SmashBoxxTV JVD talks about this and he said that the "talks" from Nikko to the Official continued long after the camera cut. . and even after Nikko putted out on 18 Nikko keept going after the official.

I don't even know who won the EO at this point, Nikko is the REAL story lol.

Inside the world of DG, people see the holy shot and get how awesome it was technically and historically at Worlds. Everyone else--oh wow, that's cool...

Outside of DG, anyone can understand a temper tantrum. "let me watch that again"

On SmashBoxxTV JVD talks about this and he said that the "talks" from Nikko to the Official continued long after the camera cut. . and even after Nikko putted out on 18 Nikko keept going after the official.

I would have also, if the official didn't have the courtesy or courage to notify me. As far as i know he received one bad time. I don't if the players who warned him also took a time. Regardless, going forward the PDGA needs to:

Formalize the warning and notification process. If players want to warn, fine, but they can only do so after they have recorded a bad time and informed the player they have done so. Next bad time is a penalty. There needs to be at least two players watching the time in these circumstances.

if an official is called in because the players don't have the courage to call it, then the official needs to warn the player after the first bad time, and then can penalize them on next bad time.

It's fair, simple and could greatly reduce the chances of this type of reaction going forward. We give the player the benefit of a doubt everywhere else in this sport. Why not in this type of instance?

Would anyone really have a problem if the rules were changed to the above? How would that hurt the game?

I've never ever blocked anyone on this site. McBeth has not finished lower than 2nd at Worlds in forever. Odds are the former will happen sooner than the latter.

That is not a rule either... Benefit of the doubt is only for one specific narrow case.

Benefit of doubt applies to many situations in disc golf. Where your disc crossed OB, is the lie actually OB, are you within the C1 allowing you jump putt, is it clear to throw (to start the timer), etc.

I feel you all argue just to argue. Fixing the slow play rule and making the process a bit more formal and fair, would only help the sport, not hurt it, and if had been prior to this week, the sport would have one less black eye to try to overcome.

Malort. The name tells you how bad it's gonna be.

Mal - bad or badly. (Think Maleficent, or maladroit, or malfeasance, malodorous, etc.

Ort - a scrap or remainder of food from a meal.

But I'd take a shot if someone offered it. Just to chalk it off the list...

Malort means wormwood or moth herb in swedish.

Both sound nasty, but I'll try anything once.

That is not a rule either... Benefit of the doubt is only for one specific narrow case.

Benefit of doubt applies to many situations in disc golf. Where your disc crossed OB, is the lie actually OB, are you within the C1 allowing you jump putt, is it clear to throw (to start the timer), etc.

Haha this reminds me of a story from electrical code class... some bonehead was arguing that
"That's not what they meant with that rule"

Our teacher responded with
"Turn to page XIV, halfway down the page, section 6.....

DO YOU SEE MY NAME? I think I damn well know what I damn well meant when I wrote the damn rule"

Best smackdown ever!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts