• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Assault is generally defined as an intentional act that puts another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact."

I'd say being inches from Nikko's grill qualifies as offensive contact. (Insert sarcastic and humorous intent here)

Assault is just actions that threaten but do not result or have not yet resulted in offensive physical contact. The offensive physical contact is battery.

Battery can be spitting on someone. So I think the burning question is whether there was spittle. Also pepper spray. Halitosis?

Last edited:
Ok. My last post on this subject.

I spoke with a couple players I know on the PGA Tour. They said that all the players are aware of what happened with Nikko, and they are shocked at the lack of professionalism and sportsmanship in the sport. They also said that they think this makes disc golf look like the Cornhole tour rather than some professional sports organization. That the actual rule and particularly the enforcement after such a time lapse is a huge joke, and if it happened on tour the players would lay down their clubs until the PGA changed the the rules to make sense. They did say Nikko should have held it together better, but they would feel the same anger, so they excuse him for much of the tantrum, but still feel a small suspension is in order.

D5PTBDn7_400x400.jpg

I spoke with a couple players I know on the PGA Tour. They said that all the players are aware of what happened with Nikko, and they are shocked at the lack of professionalism and sportsmanship in the sport. They also said that they think this makes disc golf look like the Cornhole tour rather than some professional sports organization. That the actual rule and particularly the enforcement after such a time lapse is a huge joke, and if it happened on tour the players would lay down their clubs until the PGA changed the the rules to make sense. They did say Nikko should have held it together better, but they would feel the same anger, so they excuse him for much of the tantrum, but still feel a small suspension is in order.

Buzz off, troll.

Don't hold out...what did this person you know do to earn a suspension???

Class D Offenses generally involve the impermissible use of alcohol or drugs in violation of the Rules of Play, including instances arising under CM 3.01.A and CM 3.08.G (such as, but not limited to, a tournament staff member who is intoxicated and unable to discharge their duties). Class D offenses carry a standard penalty of six months of probation. Aggravating factors may lead the Committee to consider penalties up to or including a six-month suspension with three months of probation. Mitigating factors may lead the Committee to consider lesser penalties.

I'm curious how you'd suggest for the player who called the warning to prove that they are timing you on every throw going forward? Does the group need to be carrying around a stopwatch that they pass around? Do they need to announce to the player, 'Hey, we're starting the timer now!' so that there's no confusion as to when the time is starting?

:wall::wall::wall: WTF are you baiting the troll?

This is one of the most comical endings this could possibly have come to.

Assault is just actions that threaten but do not result or have not yet resulted in offensive physical contact. The offensive physical contact is battery.

Battery can be spitting on someone. So I think the burning question is whether there was spittle. Also pepper spray. Halitosis?

Hahaha. Best post of the thread. I'd say halitosis is a definite.

Glad we at least look like a Cornhole league, now if only we can get the viewership.

No kidding. I mean, I love playing Cornhole but I have no idea how anyone can watch more than 3 minutes of it. Every single throw is thrown from the exact same spot to the exact same target, yet they've got a broadcast deal with a major network so someone is watching it. I can't remember if it was CBS or NBC but it was on one of their main channels this past weekend.

I called up my buddies on PBA AND the PRCA and they said the guys on the PGA tour are a bunch of moronic wussies with tiny white balls. They also said if it takes more than 30 seconds to throw from an open lie in the middle of a field, you should get penalized.

I hope that we can some day aspire to reach the heights achieved by the PLDT*. We better listen to bgc.

#MDGGA**

*Pro Lawn Dart Tour
**Make Disc Golf Great Again

LMAO.....OMD busting out his close and personal contacts to prove his point. It is now a given that ALL pro players agree with his points. All we are missing is a poll and some small baskets. There is not even a semblance of an attempt, to hide that this is simply an alt account.

Your statement is not quite factual:

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.
Pc code: California Penal Code 240 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts