• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nominate a 'World's Best Disc Golf Hole'

Some lovely holes out there, but nothing that could alter my opinion that Stafford's Moist Tee (hole 6) isn't the best disc golf hole on the planet. Danger looms everywhere on that hole, and watching your disc fly for so long is simply an amazing feeling. Last time I was there, I threw a dx roc from the tee, came within 10ft of the pin, but skipped to the trees beyond, then rolled all the way down the hill. In other words, you have to be precise to get your birdie on that hole.

I saw it right after that course opened up. That hole certainly had great potential and maybe a few more trees have been cleared since then. My favorite on that whole property might be Woodshed hole 2. It's the only one I can remember that was partially in the open and partially in the woods. Almost every other hole was either mostly open or mostly wooded.

Disqualified for no fairway after crossing the gorge (unless that's changed). I was also thinking that was hole 10 or 11 you were describing, not 9?

Get your holes straight CK - #9 whipping post has a very distinct split fairway after crossing the gorge - and always has - unless of course you don't get to the proper landing zone - then the split between gaps works at an acute angle to the bucket

Hole #11 whipping post fits your description

Like I said, it had potential but was still incomplete at the time I played it. I'm glad if it's now better.

Ah, I must not remember 9 then. The hole I'm thinking of (hole 11) teed off about 2/3 of the way up the slope on one side of a valley and shot across it to a landing at the top. Then, there were sort of "goat paths" at the time heading off to the right at around 45 degree angle to the pin.

WORLD'S BEST is a hard bill to fit.

hole 1 @ Water Works is the "best first hole" I've played.

18 at Sipapu is my favorite down hill shot I've played, Better than any at Beaver Ranch.

Hole 3 at Harry Myers is possibly the best hole in Dallas, Fort Worth.

18 Blue to B pin @ Towne Lake in McKinney is an outstanding finishing hole.

Hole 1 and 18 at Maple Hill - best combo starting/finishing hole
Top of the World at Whistler's Bend - beats DeLa TOW like a red headed stepchild
Hole 13 at Seneca Creek - for a pure 2 shot hole that's both hard and fair
I'll echo Hole 5 Winthrop Gold as just a great great golf hole

Hole 14 at Whistler's Bend

600 foot top of the world with an open fairway, it's a par three. You are way higher in the air than that picture would leave you to believe.

Now there are four contenders (IMO!)....Hole 1 at Mason County Beast, Hole 6 at Stafford, Hole 27 at DeLaveaga, and Hole 14 at Whistler's Bend.

Hole 14 at Whistler's Bend

600 foot top of the world with an open fairway, it's a par three. You are way higher in the air than that picture would leave you to believe.

Looks very cool, I love those long downhill bombs that go back up at the end, they make it so you can really let loose and watch it fly without worrying about overshooting.

Kops Park #1 or #2. Take your pick!

Renaissance Gold #10 - Par 5 with the chance of an albatros (thumber ace required), eagle three with two perfectly executed throws, birdie 4's are expected but are only attainable if you are not off by more than 1-2 degrees, par 5's are very acceptable and 6's and 7's happen to even really good players. All of this, and it is very fair - want a big reward???? ....better take a big risk.

Be the Disc! flyby video

renny_14a.jpg

renny_14b.jpg

renny_10g2.jpg

renny_10g3.jpg

renny_10g5.jpg

Maple Hill 18 is the mother of all finishing holes.

I think Idlewild #18 is my favorite finishing hole from a design standpoint - very tempting to go long to try for 3, but you will pay if you can not execute. Maple Hill is indeed super cool and very unique with having to get into the stone wall putting green, but IMO there is not enough risk in the go-for-it aspect of the design.

The most impressive hole I've played (and I haven't played the most courses) is #11 at Mackenzie Park in Lubbock. Similar to Stafford Lake #6, except the basket is on a peninsula with a river running around it. There isn't a good picture up under the profile for Mackenzie though.

Looks very cool, I love those long downhill bombs that go back up at the end, they make it so you can really let loose and watch it fly without worrying about overshooting.

There is a reason that course is number four on the top ten of this site.