• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] P McB Proto- THE KONG...er, um...THE ZEUS!

I agree the Trespass is useless in the wind. They seem to be quite a bit more understable than the flight numbers indicate. I hope the Kong works. Let us know what you think when you throw it.

Ok here we go. So I'm comparing a pretty overstable force, the kong, a stable trespass, and an understable one. These are just pics but I'm fixing to head to a field to test throw.

On first glance the force is indeed more overstable than the kong which is to be expected. While stable, the stable trespass still has been seasoned. Definitely on the more understable side than over so the plh looks much higher but I have a feeling if I compare it to a new trespass the plh should be much closer with the kong most likely being slightly higher and of course the flippy trespass has a super low plh.

j81x0n.jpg

2h2ql45.jpg

b3oq6w.jpg

Ok here we go. So i specifically did some field testing comparing my two current trespasses. I did 4 throws with each disc, 4 discs total, 2 Kongs, 2 trespasses. 2 tests forehand and 2 backhand, 2 with tailwind, two with headwind. I was pleasantly surprised with the Kong flight and stability. Definitely need to get these to a course to really put them to the test and start breaking them in. Let me know if you have any questions

Wow, not as overstable at the end of flight as I anticipated. I also like Trespasses, use them for hyzer flip to turnovers similar to your lines so that was a nice comparison for me.

I kind of skipped around the video to see some shots. How does it feel in hand...I imagine rim is wider than Trespass? Does it feel as deep as the Force?

From your shots and my recollection that it's higher speed, it seems to fly like a fresh Sheriff might have for your throws. Does that seem accurate, if you have tried them?

Wow, not as overstable at the end of flight as I anticipated. I also like Trespasses, use them for hyzer flip to turnovers similar to your lines so that was a nice comparison for me.

I kind of skipped around the video to see some shots. How does it feel in hand...I imagine rim is wider than Trespass? Does it feel as deep as the Force?

From your shots and my recollection that it's higher speed, it seems to fly like a fresh Sheriff might have for your throws. Does that seem accurate, if you have tried them?

It honestly feels very similar to a trespass maybe a tad more shallow. I tried the sheriff at some point but the sheriff is a speed 13 while the Kong is definitely a 12. They definitely have very similar rim widths while the Kong has a sight more curl on the bottom rim giving that extra stability. Doesn't really feel anything like the force imo

It honestly feels very similar to a trespass maybe a tad more shallow. I tried the sheriff at some point but the sheriff is a speed 13 while the Kong is definitely a 12. They definitely have very similar rim widths while the Kong has a sight more curl on the bottom rim giving that extra stability. Doesn't really feel anything like the force imo

Cool, I love how the Trespass feels and flies but it's also the least stable driver I throw. So I'll be interested in trying one of these sometime, as a bit of a step up in stability with a familiar feel is nice.

If you do any more field comparisons, try the Kongs against a couple star Destroyers.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on that one.

If you do any more field comparisons, try the Kongs against a couple star Destroyers.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on that one.

unfortunately i don't have any destroyers to compare, i could order a couple f2 ones but after watching the find the right destroyer video i don't know if comparing them would be worth it with so much variation within the same run....

Ok here we go. So I'm comparing a pretty overstable force, the kong, a stable trespass, and an understable one. These are just pics but I'm fixing to head to a field to test throw.

On first glance the force is indeed more overstable than the kong which is to be expected. While stable, the stable trespass still has been seasoned. Definitely on the more understable side than over so the plh looks much higher but I have a feeling if I compare it to a new trespass the plh should be much closer with the kong most likely being slightly higher and of course the flippy trespass has a super low plh.

j81x0n.jpg

2h2ql45.jpg

b3oq6w.jpg

not sure if you are aware but comparing PLH between different molds is never going to give you an accurate estimate on stability which is why there are varying PLH between the molds you are comparing. it only works between separate discs of the same mold, not to mention dome and weight come into play for stability checking.

It will get really interesting once they start putting the Kong out in different plastics. Interested to see how differently the Z molds up to the test ESP.

My board flat first run Z crank is more overstable than an ESP force.

Between the Kong and the Raptor I'm interested to test them out myself once they are readily available.

not sure if you are aware but comparing PLH between different molds is never going to give you an accurate estimate on stability which is why there are varying PLH between the molds you are comparing. it only works between separate discs of the same mold, not to mention dome and weight come into play for stability checking.

I agree with you, but I think it's a reasonable way to ballpark the mold stability...like the Force is significantly higher than the Kong, and the Trespass is lower by a decent amount. Then look at curves or flare of the shape, so the Kong has a straighter bottom wing than the Trespass so that will affect it, likely bringing down the stability a bit. But certainly it's not reliable like within a mold where I look for small differences and can make a pretty good conclusion. More just thinking "will this mold be very overstable, straight-ish, or understable".

I agree with you, but I think it's a reasonable way to ballpark the mold stability...like the Force is significantly higher than the Kong, and the Trespass is lower by a decent amount. Then look at curves or flare of the shape, so the Kong has a straighter bottom wing than the Trespass so that will affect it, likely bringing down the stability a bit. But certainly it's not reliable like within a mold where I look for small differences and can make a pretty good conclusion. More just thinking "will this mold be very overstable, straight-ish, or understable".

yep exactly, it may not be super accurate but it can definitely give me a good idea, and the throws in my video just reinforced that.

I should be able to get to a course in the next couple days. would y'all want a video of some of my throws there too? it won't get pulled out much at this particular course but there are a few holes i can definitely use it on

Kong's are pretty sweet looking but too fast for most. My daughter got one and she def doesn't have the arm for that. Though we still have it a go.

https://youtu.be/JNOS5LVWEcE

Awww, that's pretty cute. Your daughter has great form. How far is she throwing there? 150 - 200? Probably too much disc for her at this point, but if she keeps it up she'll be bombing that Kong before you know it.

Awww, that's pretty cute. Your daughter has great form. How far is she throwing there? 150 - 200? Probably too much disc for her at this point, but if she keeps it up she'll be bombing that Kong before you know it.

Yeah about that distance. She can throw about 225+. She throws Vultures and Avenger SS. It's too high speed for her and that was max weight as well.

This is interesting. I don't want to hold disc specs as gospel, but the kong is approved at a deeper depth then the trespass (1.2 vs 1.1 cm). One thing the keeps me with the trespass is the feel, but if the Kong starts off a bit more OS but offers the same feel, I'd definitely be interested.

Trespass, as said above. I think the trespass is already on the shallow side of my preferences, so Kong might be too shallow. I have to say, though, that I should reserve my judgement because I haven't ever even held the disc in my hands as they aren't available in Finland just yet