• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] P McB Proto- THE KONG...er, um...THE ZEUS!

The Kong definitely has me intrigued... I feel like it could be what I was hoping the Raider was going to be. I may end up getting a couple to put up against the LX Trespasses.

The Kong definitely has me intrigued... I feel like it could be what I was hoping the Raider was going to be. I may end up getting a couple to put up against the LX Trespasses.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was so excited for the DD Raider when it was announced, but early reviews made it look like a different disc than I was expecting. The Kong on the other hand seems to be exactly what I was looking for. No Discraft in my bag ATM, but I might just need to grab a couple of these.

Any Discraft throwers... what plastic is most like DD Fuzion or Biofuzion?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was so excited for the DD Raider when it was announced, but early reviews made it look like a different disc than I was expecting. The Kong on the other hand seems to be exactly what I was looking for. No Discraft in my bag ATM, but I might just need to grab a couple of these.

Any Discraft throwers... what plastic is most like DD Fuzion or Biofuzion?

I think you'll want the new ESP, although it will be a little more durable than Fuzion. I believe that is what the Kong is going to come out in anyway. I throw all DD and Discraft.

I think you'll want the new ESP, although it will be a little more durable than Fuzion. I believe that is what the Kong is going to come out in anyway. I throw all DD and Discraft.

^^this for sure, I still keep bio fuzion trespasses in my bag. Esp isn't the same but just as good

Got 2 Beauties in from Sun King today! This esp feels so much better than current runs of Star. My 2 discs have wildly different PLHs so the spread of stabilities should be there. Thinking of bagging these instead of my D2s for a bit. Bad back is acting up and the D2s can be picky if Im not generating enough speed. Thinking Kongs might be more forgiving as Destros usually are.

Anyone else finding the esp plastic to be starting off as really slippery on this mold?

Anyone else finding the esp plastic to be starting off as really slippery on this mold?

I had the opposite thought when handling my stack. Seems like the best ESP blend I've felt in my 7 years of paying attention.

These are not as low profile as I was expecting after reading reviews. Certainly deeper feeling than the Tern, and only just noticably shallower than the Destroyer.
The wing shapes make me very happy. They have the subtle cooling dip in the top wing reminiscent of early *D Destroyers. Looking forward to ripping these on the course!

Dayummm. I def wouldnt call this a shallow rim. Maybe compared to a force but its feels normal with plenty of finger room.

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_145314_01.jpg
    IMG_20190326_145314_01.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 98
The Kong might end up finding a place in my bag. Right now, for long hyzer shots and fighting headwinds I use a Z Force. My 172 domey Kong goes farther than my 172 Z Force on the same type of line, and penetrates more forward if I throw a forced flex anhyzer line. I'm only maxing in the 400-425' range with hurricanes, fwiw. Too much disc for a primary distance driver at that range, the hurricane is much more workable and controllable for me.

Compared to the LX Trespass I bag I found the Kong to be a little more stable, and domier/deeper so for my small hands not as comftorable as the Trespass. Will keep testing it to see if I can find a place for it in my bag because the swirls on the ESP plastic are incredible.

Compared to the LX Trespass I bag I found the Kong to be a little more stable, and domier/deeper so for my small hands not as comftorable as the Trespass. Will keep testing it to see if I can find a place for it in my bag because the swirls on the ESP plastic are incredible.

You may need to find one that's a little flatter. The donkey ones are pretty stable

I'd buy one if they had named it Donkey instead of Kong.

Check that- someone needs to do a Donkey Kong stamp/dye.

Someone did on the first batch of em. I saw it on FB, but can't remember who. It was in Discraft All Day.

Finally took my Kong's out today oh, they were much less stable than I was expecting super easy to flip up oh, far more so than my D2's

I really like these things and will probably be buying more this weekend

Varying reviews so far. I'm not surprised with ESP being, IMHO, the least consistent of the Discraft plastics and the rush to pump them out.

I hope I'm wrong. I was hoping that this would be something better than the Destroyer.

Finally took my Kong's out today oh, they were much less stable than I was expecting super easy to flip up oh, far more so than my D2's

I really like these things and will probably be buying more this weekend

Super easy to flip? How far u throw chef?

Latest posts