• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Pupper seems kinda unimpressed with her disc selection...

Patiently waiting for her to get to the doggie discs.

Who's the most well know/visible dog on tour? Probably Hogan (Luke Humphrey's dog)? Hogan needs a signature doggie disc, where he gets some $$, just like any tour series disc.

...cuz "female dogs" cost money.

Last edited:

Who's the most well know/visible dog on tour? Probably Hogan (Luke Humphrey's dog)? Hogan needs a signature doggie disc, where he gets some $$, just like any tour series disc.

MJs dog is on MJs insta more than MJ is

Don't tell me his dog's name is Comet.

That'd put a new spin on the The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread.

It's serious drift from Paige Pierce; but back on DGR we had this long conversation about throwing slower discs and it was Gazelle this and Gazelle that like the Gazelle was the gold standard of 90's disc golf drivers. Almost no one threw Gazelles. Vipers were the ubiquitous driver of disc golf; everybody threw one. Gazelles, Cheetahs, Banshees...none of them could dethrone the Viper.

Then they made the TeeBird and suddenly you couldn't sell a Viper if it came with a date with Elle Macpherson*. :|

*yes, I'm old. I already admitted to throwing Vipers, what else do you want from me?

Almost no one in my area threw Vipers by the mid-90's. Cyclones were the main driver of choice around here and Whippets were the prevalent OS driver.

Lots of discs out there with that Hogan/Luke stamp. I'm sure the Goodest Boy gets his share.

Almost no one in my area threw Vipers by the mid-90's. Cyclones were the main driver of choice around here and Whippets were the prevalent OS driver.
You guys are weirdos. :|

I loved throwing Cyclones; I always got my pick of the good ones because I always had a good stock. Viper guys were always complaining since those got picked over first. I had one guy who bought Whippets, otherwise I could have not stocked those at all.

The best thing you can do for your game is be intimately familiar with how a small loadout of molds works. Of course you can expand from there, but everyone can take their "workhorse" molds - probably 6 or so discs - and play quite effectively for almost any course and condition. Even if you're a 'let the disc do the work' person it's beneficial to have that core of your bag you can pretty much always trust.

Pros play so much more than us, and most of them have that same philosophy. You don't see a lot of Feldberg style lineups by the absolute elite pros (unless they are heavily forehand dependent, then your range of molds is likely expanded) It's not really that surprising that one of the premier FPO players has a fairly condensed lineup.
Definitely the biggest impact on my game has been losing familiarity over time with my plastic as I've got more busy with non-disc golf life. I'm at the point where half the time when I go out I throw single-mold rounds just so that I can have a few discs absolutely grooved for when I play a league round. If I have to choose between weak familiarity among all my molds or being grooved with a couple and the rest having not left my bag in five months - I'll take being grooved with a couple every time.

I watched her quite a bit last year and she seemed uninterested, distracted and unhappy a lot of the time
Was it because she was playing poorly or something else? Who knows, but she does seem more upbeat and focused so far.

It's just nice to see, regardless of the how or why.

Latest posts