• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PANTS or NO PANTS (Shorts)

Pants OR No Pants (Shorts)

• Pants

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • No Pants (Shorts)

Votes: 146 76.4%

• Total voters
Bought some UnderArmor Drifit running pants/athletic pants I suppose they would be called. They aren't exactly the most fashionable thing out on the course but man, for courses like Kaposia and BRP there's nothing like it. The comfort level is off the charts and the Drifit material actually does a good job of keeping you cool and dry even when you would want to be wearing shorts.

Between the bugs and my bad throws into the rough, I'd find it hard to play it shorts or regular jeans ever again.

awesome review of pants... I went looking for a disc my friend lost on Saturday today in jeans and cuffs soaked straight through... drifit eh?

In Texas, in the summer, No Pants. I will just stay non-allergic to poison ivy for the time being, thank you. In, summer part 2 and 3, I also wear no pants. That one week of winter we have, I wear pants.

In Texas, in the summer, No Pants. I will just stay non-allergic to poison ivy for the time being, thank you. In, summer part 2 and 3, I also wear no pants. That one week of winter we have, I wear pants.

gotta love that random Texas blizzard once per year...

there's gotta be some way they can make a magic lotion that stops poison ivy... seriously... my ankles will thank whoever invents it...

also... this thread still gets posts... nice

additionally... 103-34 in favor of shorts... you people are crazy :)

that's pretty much 75% against pants in the summer...

someone needs to get on designing some decent pants... especially with the resurgence of pricker bush growth in the summer...

Last edited:
I think if you use certain sunscreen the oil helps create a barrier against the poison oil. Or you could vasoline your legs.

Pants in the winter; no pants the rest of the year. Socks that can be pulled up if I need to venture into the shrubbery. Gotta let the the ladies (and my wife) enjoy my sexay but dysfunctional legs. :rolleyes:

Shorts for 9 months of the year
Pants for the other 3.

Just found some SOG "tactical" pants at Wally World in the camping gear section. Very lightweight and nylon/spandex blend (no shrinkage; 4 way stretch. Very comfortable, 6 pockets. Playing a rough course and camping out in hill country this weekend, will test them out and repost later.

~$40 IIRC

I always wear Columbia trekking pants. Lightweight and waterproof. Protection from brambles and thorns, all manner of insects, UV rays, and weather. I get scoffed at a lot in the summer, then I see their legs and they look like emo kids thanks to getting into the thorns and branches in the rough.

pants will soon be upon us but i go with sweat pants not jeans. much easier to move around in.
does_jack_black_have_any_other_clothes.jpg